Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 367

Thread: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108 mill

  1. #261
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    If only he were as good as Reagan at tripling the debt.
    Yeah, Reagan raised the debt from one to three trillion in 8 years.

    Obama raised it almost $8 trillion in 6 years.

    If you really think that is comparable, it is obvious that you failed math along with logical thinking courses in school.

  2. #262
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Yeah, Reagan raised the debt from one to three trillion in 8 years.

    Obama raised it almost $8 trillion in 6 years.

    If you really think that is comparable, it is obvious that you failed math along with logical thinking courses in school.
    Why would you say that. One president tripled it, and the other doubled it. Neither is a good thing.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #263
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Why would you say that. One president tripled it, and the other doubled it. Neither is a good thing.
    Ok, I'll play your game.....

    Which do you prefer?

    1. You invest $1 and earn $2

    or

    2. You invest $10 and earn $8


    Surely, you prefer #1 since you are tripling your money, right ????

  4. #264
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,581

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Ok, I'll play your game.....

    Which do you prefer?

    1. You invest $1 and earn $2

    or

    2. You invest $10 and earn $8


    Surely, you prefer #1 since you are tripling your money, right ????
    It depends on what my other investment opportunities are, whether I can borrow additional funds and at what interest rate, and how much I have to invest.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  5. #265
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    It depends on what my other investment opportunities are, whether I can borrow additional funds and at what interest rate, and how much I have to invest.
    Poor attempt at a dodge....

    You're dismissed.

  6. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Yeah, Reagan raised the debt from one to three trillion in 8 years.

    Obama raised it almost $8 trillion in 6 years.

    If you really think that is comparable, it is obvious that you failed math along with logical thinking courses in school.
    There is also the consequences of positive debt and negative debt. There doesn't seem to be any benefit for the American people for the $trillions added to the Obama debt but Reagan's debt, working with a Democrat Congress, had long term positive effects.

    Reaganomics Vs. Obamanomics: Facts And Figures - Forbes

  7. #267
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,581

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Yeah, Reagan raised the debt from one to three trillion in 8 years.

    Obama raised it almost $8 trillion in 6 years.

    If you really think that is comparable, it is obvious that you failed math along with logical thinking courses in school.
    You also have to take into account inflation and the size of our economy and population and the perceived need to spend an extra trillion + to avoid the recession becoming a depression.

    If you are concerned about the debt, then just be glad that Obama didn't triple the debt, and that the deficit has been falling for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  8. #268
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,581

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    There is also the consequences of positive debt and negative debt. There doesn't seem to be any benefit for the American people for the $trillions added to the Obama debt but Reagan's debt, working with a Democrat Congress, had long term positive effects.

    Reaganomics Vs. Obamanomics: Facts And Figures - Forbes
    I dunno so much about that. The Obama era economy recovered in some measures faster than the Regain era economy (including the unemployment rate), the Obama era economy didn't double dip, and didn't have nearly as much inflation. There is certainly no way to prove one way or the other who's spending on what caused what. It just is what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  9. #269
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    You also have to take into account inflation and the size of our economy and population and the perceived need to spend an extra trillion + to avoid the recession becoming a depression.

    If you are concerned about the debt, then just be glad that Obama didn't triple the debt, and that the deficit has been falling for years.
    Yeah, I'll forever be grateful to Obama for adding $8 + trillion dollars to my grandchildren's debt.


  10. #270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    You also have to take into account inflation and the size of our economy and population and the perceived need to spend an extra trillion + to avoid the recession becoming a depression.

    If you are concerned about the debt, then just be glad that Obama didn't triple the debt, and that the deficit has been falling for years.
    That doubling and tripling explanation doesn't really work. $8 trillion to $24 trillions is a great deal more than $1 to 3 trillion.

    You may not be familiar with the Carter years or the Reagan years but there is good reason why Carter was defeated after one term and Ronald Reagan winning every state but one in his relection.

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •