Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 367

Thread: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108 mill

  1. #251
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,855

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Yes it works sooo welll there's a number that says you're wrong. 18 trillion.
    debtspending.jpg

    History. It's not your friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #252
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,580

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    ... I deal with UPS and FEDEX every day and they are telling me how Amazon is really boosting the workload. And that Amazon Groceries of all things is really starting to expand in their deliveries. Boosted their workload this year so much that they didn't do any post seasonal layoffs here.

    Lots of mail order stuff getting big these days.
    I'm fortunate enough to be located only a few miles from an Amazon distribution center, and less than a mile from a major UPS hub.

    This year UPS placed several orders of hundreds of decals for trailers from my business. They needed these decals because they had rented all the trailers they could locate to accommodate their contract with Amazon, who was requiring that every UPS trailer be marked before it was allowed onto Amazon property.

    Every time they placed an order they needed the decals immediately, and I had my small staff working overtime late into the night to produce these, but honestly, it was a nice bonus for all of us, and was some of the the easiest money I ever made. I'm really loving the UPS/Amazon relationship.

    I also ordered a computer from Amazon online on a Sunday evening, and Monday a post office carrier put it into my hands - it was the fastest delivery of anything I have ever ordered in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  3. #253
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,580

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    debtspending.jpg

    History. It's not your friend.
    It's rarely the friend of the conservative narrative.

    I was a stanch republican for most of my life. Then I started studying economic history and discovered that conservative rhetoric doesn't match economic history. What's funny is that the reason I started studying economic history was to prove my conservative rhetoric on a forum, I was devastated when I realized that I couldn't - it was like discovering that the Easter Bunny wasn't real.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  4. #254
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    It's rarely the friend of the conservative narrative.

    I was a stanch republican for most of my life. Then I started studying economic history and discovered that conservative rhetoric doesn't match economic history. What's funny is that the reason I started studying economic history was to prove my conservative rhetoric on a forum, I was devastated when I realized that I couldn't - it was like discovering that the Easter Bunny wasn't real.
    To be fair, most "conservative history and rhetoric" does not match historical fact... it is one of rights main problem.. admitting that they are wrong.
    PeteEU

  5. #255
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    The accelerated funding was Republicans trying to hamstring the USPS. The mandate is ridiculous. The GAO was simply saying "since this mandate is now in place, the USPS needs to focus on how to fund it."

    I was a postman once for a short while and I realize the slowdown of the mail because they do a mail audit every year which is why I don't work there anymore because you have to be a temp for several years before you get a route and after a mail audit they redesign the routes and due to the slow down my hours got cut from 40/week to 8/week because of consolidated routes.

    That being said the USPS is still very profitable without that stupid mandate. And parcel service is on the rise. I deal with UPS and FEDEX every day and they are telling me how Amazon is really boosting the workload. And that Amazon Groceries of all things is really starting to expand in their deliveries. Boosted their workload this year so much that they didn't do any post seasonal layoffs here.

    Lots of mail order stuff getting big these days.
    Well, there is opinion, and then there are facts. I appreciate your opinion, but I'll stick to the facts.

    Best to fund the pension plan when there are 1000 employees rather than try to do it with 100 years later. Those are the facts. You're welcome to hate on Republicans while doing everything you can to ignore the facts.
    Last edited by ocean515; 02-23-15 at 07:41 AM.

  6. #256
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,935

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Lets spend more to increase the deficit to 0nmje billion gazillion golden dinars in the fine tradition of liberalism. Walker For President!!!!!!!!

  7. #257
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,267

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    debtspending.jpg

    History. It's not your friend.
    Nor is it yours. Nearly $8 trillion of that $18 trillion has been amassed under one man: Obama.

  8. #258
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,942

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Ok, then I'm a bit confused to the interpretation your trying to push.

    The GAO pointed out that the future business model of the USPS showed fewer employees and dwindling sales. At the same time the USPS was refusing to address the growing time bomb of unfunded pension liabilities. The accelerated funding was to insure future obligations could be met as the USPS got smaller in size and fewer employees could be counted on to meet pension obligations. Rationally, that's evident to everyone considering the impact of the internet and email.

    Further, to push the "they are profitable" is to ignore the massive unfunded liabilities that remain in the face of continued shift away from the primary services the USPS provides. It is disingenuous for someone to suggest a company is profitable when it's not meeting it's financial obligations, and as it gets smaller, won't have a problem meeting them in the future.

    So what exactly did the Republicans do that isn't reflected in the GAO report and I seem to be missing from your posts?
    it is the buggy whip analogy

    continue to get a larger share of a shrinking market.....while costs continue to rise

    eventually you go broke

    the usps needs to be fixed......

    whether that means mail 3x a week...no saturday or sunday delivery, longer tenure until retirement, etc

    so much correspondence now is done through email.....

    yes...we still use mail also, but the amount of things we mail has declined every year for the last 10

    i dont have the answers....but i can see when something is broke

    the usps is broken......someone needs a ****load of elmers glue to ut this back together the right way
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  9. #259
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Nor is it yours. Nearly $8 trillion of that $18 trillion has been amassed under one man: Obama.
    If only he were as good as Reagan at tripling the debt.

  10. #260
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,267

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    If only he were as good as Reagan at tripling the debt.
    Hes trying.

Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •