Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 367

Thread: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108 mill

  1. #241
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,063

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    I think I'll take the full explanation of facts regarding the USPS over PBS.

    You know, these reasons I posted from their report:

    Reasons for prefunding include fairly allocating costs between current and future ratepayers, protecting USPS's future viability, providing greater benefit security to employees and retirees, and protecting potential third parties.

    • Prefunding decisions involve trade-offs between USPS's current financial condition and its long-term prospects.

    • Congress needs to modify USPS's retiree health prefunding payments in a fiscally responsible manner, and USPS should prefund any unfunded retiree- health benefits liability to the maximum extent that its finances permit.
    The GAO is trying to find a way for the USPS to financially choke down this republican nightmare bill that's trying to kill it. Sooo.... cherry pick all you want, the facts are the facts. Without that stupid GOP prefunding mandate the USPS is very profitable. That's just the facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #242
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    The GAO is trying to find a way for the USPS to financially choke down this republican nightmare bill that's trying to kill it. Sooo.... cherry pick all you want, the facts are the facts. Without that stupid GOP prefunding mandate the USPS is very profitable. That's just the facts.


    Uh. No. That is not what they put in their report. I guess people can ignore and cherry pick the very clear points they presented in their report, but that doesn't change the facts, no matter how much people kick and scream.

  3. #243
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,063

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post


    Uh. No. That is not what they put in their report. I guess people can ignore and cherry pick the very clear points they presented in their report, but that doesn't change the facts, no matter how much people kick and scream.
    Yes it is what they put in their report and I pointed it out to you. They were specifically stating that big moves had to be made to be able to fund the prefuding mandates. I showed you this and now you are acting like it didn't exist when it was what YOU posted. Facts are the facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #244
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    The GAO is trying to find a way for the USPS to financially choke down this republican nightmare bill that's trying to kill it. Sooo.... cherry pick all you want, the facts are the facts. Without that stupid GOP prefunding mandate the USPS is very profitable. That's just the facts.
    No. Without it all the USPS is doing is kicking insolvency down the road. Why do ypu think not payong your bills is smart economically?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #245
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,063

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    No. Without it all the USPS is doing is kicking insolvency down the road. Why do ypu think not payong your bills is smart economically?
    They aren't just simply paying bills. They are paying today projected bills 75 years from now. Big difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  6. #246
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Yes it is what they put in their report and I pointed it out to you. They were specifically stating that big moves had to be made to be able to fund the prefuding mandates. I showed you this and now you are acting like it didn't exist when it was what YOU posted. Facts are the facts.

    Ok, then I'm a bit confused to the interpretation your trying to push.

    The GAO pointed out that the future business model of the USPS showed fewer employees and dwindling sales. At the same time the USPS was refusing to address the growing time bomb of unfunded pension liabilities. The accelerated funding was to insure future obligations could be met as the USPS got smaller in size and fewer employees could be counted on to meet pension obligations. Rationally, that's evident to everyone considering the impact of the internet and email.

    Further, to push the "they are profitable" is to ignore the massive unfunded liabilities that remain in the face of continued shift away from the primary services the USPS provides. It is disingenuous for someone to suggest a company is profitable when it's not meeting it's financial obligations, and as it gets smaller, won't have a problem meeting them in the future.

    So what exactly did the Republicans do that isn't reflected in the GAO report and I seem to be missing from your posts?

  7. #247
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,063

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Ok, then I'm a bit confused to the interpretation your trying to push.

    The GAO pointed out that the future business model of the USPS showed fewer employees and dwindling sales. At the same time the USPS was refusing to address the growing time bomb of unfunded pension liabilities. The accelerated funding was to insure future obligations could be met as the USPS got smaller in size and fewer employees could be counted on to meet pension obligations. Rationally, that's evident to everyone considering the impact of the internet and email.

    Further, to push the "they are profitable" is to ignore the massive unfunded liabilities that remain in the face of continued shift away from the primary services the USPS provides. It is disingenuous for someone to suggest a company is profitable when it's not meeting it's financial obligations, and as it gets smaller, won't have a problem meeting them in the future.

    So what exactly did the Republicans do that isn't reflected in the GAO report and I seem to be missing from your posts?
    The accelerated funding was Republicans trying to hamstring the USPS. The mandate is ridiculous. The GAO was simply saying "since this mandate is now in place, the USPS needs to focus on how to fund it."

    I was a postman once for a short while and I realize the slowdown of the mail because they do a mail audit every year which is why I don't work there anymore because you have to be a temp for several years before you get a route and after a mail audit they redesign the routes and due to the slow down my hours got cut from 40/week to 8/week because of consolidated routes.

    That being said the USPS is still very profitable without that stupid mandate. And parcel service is on the rise. I deal with UPS and FEDEX every day and they are telling me how Amazon is really boosting the workload. And that Amazon Groceries of all things is really starting to expand in their deliveries. Boosted their workload this year so much that they didn't do any post seasonal layoffs here.

    Lots of mail order stuff getting big these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  8. #248
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    The accelerated funding was Republicans trying to hamstring the USPS. The mandate is ridiculous. The GAO was simply saying "since this mandate is now in place, the USPS needs to focus on how to fund it."

    I was a postman once for a short while and I realize the slowdown of the mail because they do a mail audit every year which is why I don't work there anymore because you have to be a temp for several years before you get a route and after a mail audit they redesign the routes and due to the slow down my hours got cut from 40/week to 8/week because of consolidated routes.

    That being said the USPS is still very profitable without that stupid mandate. And parcel service is on the rise. I deal with UPS and FEDEX every day and they are telling me how Amazon is really boosting the workload. And that Amazon Groceries of all things is really starting to expand in their deliveries. Boosted their workload this year so much that they didn't do any post seasonal layoffs here.

    Lots of mail order stuff getting big these days.
    Or the GOP trying to keep the USPS from imploding and forcing the tax payers to pick up the slack. Which we all know is what you not only don't mind but think should happen and further are upset the GOP moved to delay or prevent that.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #249
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,063

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Or the GOP trying to keep the USPS from imploding and forcing the tax payers to pick up the slack. Which we all know is what you not only don't mind but think should happen and further are upset the GOP moved to delay or prevent that.
    Hardly. It's a classic GOP starve the beast move as usual. Government works and when it works, it erodes the main premise of the GOP which is "gubmint doesn't work". Not only does the USPS stand in the way of their idiot government ideology it is also one of the biggest unions out there which they are intent on destroying. History and facts are on my side. Speculation is on yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #250
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Hardly. It's a classic GOP starve the beast move as usual. Government works and when it works, it erodes the main premise of the GOP which is "gubmint doesn't work". Not only does the USPS stand in the way of their idiot government ideology it is also one of the biggest unions out there which they are intent on destroying. History and facts are on my side. Speculation is on yours.
    Yes it works sooo welll there's a number that says you're wrong. 18 trillion.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •