Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 367

Thread: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108 mill

  1. #111
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    after 2003 and following the loss in tax revenue resulting from the Clinton tech bubble burst and 9/11, tax revenue, IN REAL DOLLARS, increased by 44% through Bush's last year in office in 2008. Your big lie,


    LOL @ big lie, you can't even do simple math correctly or understand the words you are using..

  2. #112
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,182

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    LOL @ big lie, you can't even do simple math correctly or understand the words you are using..
    Seriously - gratuitous insults from you are the norm here and mean nothing. Show where my words are wrong and/or where the math in the Forbes article is inaccurate.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  3. #113
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    That is absolutely false and a disgraceful lie and typical of liberal propaganda. Liberals believe that every citizen's income belongs to the government and any money left in the pockets of the citizenry is a tax/revenue loss. It's utterly asinine.

    The fact of the matter is that after the Bush era tax cuts fully came into effect after 2003 and following the loss in tax revenue resulting from the Clinton tech bubble burst and 9/11, tax revenue, IN REAL DOLLARS, increased by 44% through Bush's last year in office in 2008. Your big lie, as outlined with the $3 trillion in lost tax revenue, is not an actual reduction in revenue to the government as outlined above, but $3 trillion left in the pockets of honest, hard working Americans and that just frosts the ass of any liberal who believes in their heart they can spend your money better than you can.

    After Bush Tax Cuts, Payments By Wealthy Actually Increased - Forbes
    I find it surprising that the author of the NY Times opinion piece, Bartlett, who to create the air of credibility was pointed out to have had some roll with Reagan and GHW Bush, left out so many facts and events related to the period of time he was commenting on. It's just a tiny slice of data, and an interpretation of that tiny slice, without the context.

    The only conclusion I can draw from the Times opinion piece is that it is meaningless.

  4. #114
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Seriously - gratuitous insults from you are the norm here and mean nothing. Show where my words are wrong and/or where the math in the Forbes article is inaccurate.
    your link mentioned nothing about real* (aka inflation adjusted) receipt levels




    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post

    The fact of the matter is that after the Bush era tax cuts fully came into effect after 2003 and following the loss in tax revenue resulting from the Clinton tech bubble burst and 9/11, tax revenue, IN REAL DOLLARS, increased by 44% through Bush's last year in office in 2008.

    and
    2008-2524$B
    2003-1782$B

    increase of ~41.6% not 44%.

    2008-2524$B
    2004-1880$B

    increase of ~34.2% not 44%.



    The increase of "44%" was measured comparing 2003 to 2007, which has immediate and exact conflict with the words you chose to write.
    I'm sorry, but it isn't my fault that you chose write your own words (getting them incorrect) rather than just copy-pasta from the article.

  5. #115
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,182

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    your link mentioned nothing about real* (aka inflation adjusted) receipt levels







    and
    2008-2524$B
    2003-1782$B

    increase of ~41.6% not 44%.

    2008-2524$B
    2004-1880$B

    increase of ~34.2% not 44%.



    The increase of "44%" was measured comparing 2003 to 2007, which has immediate and exact conflict with the words you chose to write.
    I'm sorry, but it isn't my fault that you chose write your own words (getting them incorrect) rather than just copy-pasta from the article.
    So, once again, your focus is on minutia and gotcha games. I stand by the content of the article and the numbers presented from government sources. You haven't the integrity to admit that the initial argument made by Iguanaman was a flat out lie because it harms you argument, but you can nitpick at my argument in an attempt to dismiss it. That makes you nothing but a hack.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  6. #116
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    So, once again, your focus is on minutia and gotcha games. I stand by the content of the article and the numbers presented from government sources. You haven't the integrity to admit that the initial argument made by Iguanaman was a flat out lie because it harms you argument, but you can nitpick at my argument in an attempt to dismiss it. That makes you nothing but a hack.

    His "error" was he omitted the word "projected" in front of revenues.
    There was no "big lie" in his post, and you ignored his entire point that a REAGANite was even admitting the tax cuts were disastrous. The fact you went out of your way to try and smear "liberals" as evil boogiemen accordingly made you prime target to point out your lack of reading comprehension of math skills. Again, sorry. But it's hard to take anything you say seriously when you can't accomplish these simple tasks. You do realize his article used government sources too, right?

  7. #117
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,182

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    His "error" was he omitted the word "projected" in front of revenues.
    There was no "big lie" in his post, and you ignored his entire point that a REAGANite was even admitting the tax cuts were disastrous. The fact you went out of your way to try and smear "liberals" as evil boogiemen accordingly made you prime target to point out your lack of reading comprehension of math skills. Again, sorry. But it's hard to take anything you say seriously when you can't accomplish these simple tasks. You do realize his article used government sources too, right?
    So, you admit you're a hack. Glad to see it. Iguanaman "omitted" the word "projected" and that's no big deal but I used the word "real" to indicate actual dollars taken in, and not in technical economic terms, and that's worth insulting. The dishonesty of your posts is blatant, as with all hacks.

    And for the record, I don't need you to take anything I say seriously since your opinion of my posts couldn't be lower on my "give a ****" meter.

    Take care and have a good day.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  8. #118
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    So, you admit you're a hack. Glad to see it. Iguanaman "omitted" the word "projected" and that's no big deal but I used the word "real" to indicate actual dollars taken in, and not in technical economic terms, and that's worth insulting. Your dishonestly is blatant, as with all hacks.

    And for the record, I don't need you to take anything I say seriously since your opinion of my posts couldn't be lower on my "give a ****" meter.

    Take care and have a good day.

    LMAO, you called his whole post a "big lie" because he omitted a single word (which was implied to anyone who read the link)
    yet it's a "hack" to point out that you actually used an incorrect word, and then butchered math.

    LMAO. wow. "glass houses, yada yada"

  9. #119
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,354

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    That is absolutely false and a disgraceful lie and typical of liberal propaganda. Liberals believe that every citizen's income belongs to the government and any money left in the pockets of the citizenry is a tax/revenue loss. It's utterly asinine.

    The fact of the matter is that after the Bush era tax cuts fully came into effect after 2003 and following the loss in tax revenue resulting from the Clinton tech bubble burst and 9/11, tax revenue, IN REAL DOLLARS, increased by 44% through Bush's last year in office in 2008. Your big lie, as outlined with the $3 trillion in lost tax revenue, is not an actual reduction in revenue to the government as outlined above, but $3 trillion left in the pockets of honest, hard working Americans and that just frosts the ass of any liberal who believes in their heart they can spend your money better than you can.

    After Bush Tax Cuts, Payments By Wealthy Actually Increased - Forbes
    First of all the author of the link I quoted is not a liberal! He is a Republican who worked for Reagan and Bush senior
    Where are the cites for this ridiculous statement from your link?
    What happened after the Bush tax cuts was accelerated growth of our economy (GDP) and a significant reduction in unemployment
    Since when is 2% GDP growth called "accelerated growth"? And as far as employment, Bush had the worst record of any modern President in growing private sector jobs.
    But the GOP meme suggesting that tax cuts equals jobs while, conversely, tax increases on the so-called “job creators” mean less work for the rest of us, simply does not survive any reasonable scrutiny.

    Putting more money in the pockets of the wealthy may create a few jobs for the foreign bankers who get to count the extra money funneled into into the off-shore accounts of the rich, but there is nothing in the way of actual data to support the notion that putting more money into the pockets of the wealthiest Americans will inure to the benefit of those looking for work.

    I wish it were otherwise.
    The Truth About The Bush Tax Cuts And Job Growth - Forbes

  10. #120
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,813

    Re: Scott Walker cut $541 million in taxes last year. Now his state will miss a $108

    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    This is such common knowledge that I'm embarrassed for you. Tax revenues during the Bush admin. were at all time highs. Get educated about the real effect of the tax cuts so that we can have an intelligent conversation.
    Really. So common, at times what you refer to as common knowledge is Urban Legend material.

    The Budget and Deficit Under Clinton
    FederalDeficit(1).jpg

    Fiscal FactCheck


    Income-tax receipts are down sharply since the Bush tax cuts. In fiscal 2000, the year before the cuts began to take effect, receipts from the federal income tax on individuals amounted to 10.2 percent of GDP. That figure was down to 6.2 percent of GDP last year.
    Spending for the military and for homeland security has risen substantially since the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. Spending for national defense rose from 3.0 percent of GDP that year to 4.8 percent last year.
    Clinton’s large budget surpluses also owe much to the Social Security tax on payrolls. Social Security taxes now bring in more than the cost of current benefits, and the "Social Security surplus" makes the total deficit or surplus figures look better than they would if Social Security wasn’t counted. But even if we remove Social Security from the equation, there was a surplus of $1.9 billion in fiscal 1999 and $86.4 billion in fiscal 2000. So any way you count it, the federal budget was balanced and the deficit was erased, if only for a while.

    The Truth About Who's Responsible For Our Massive Budget Deficit - Business Insider
    The chart below provides a look at federal receipts (taxes) and spending during the same period. (The deficit is the difference between them).

    Republicans howl that President Obama has exploded the size of federal government spending in his short tenure as President, and it is true that he has increased it. But President Bush actually increased federal spending by more than 2X as much as Obama has. So it is unfair to lay the explosion in spending at the feet of President Obama: Both presidents are responsible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •