Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 382

Thread: Obama refuses to acknowledge ‘Muslim terrorists’ at summit

  1. #371
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama refuses to acknowledge ‘Muslim terrorists’ at summit

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Go with whatever excuse you want to make.
    I don't need an excuse since there's an actual reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    For satire to work, it takes some truth or it falls flat. Simply throwing stones doesn't work.
    In Stewarts case it just took making faces at the camera for laughs, but yes, I get your point and comedy in general is funnier when rooted in reality. The ancient greeks even knew this to be true.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #372
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Obama refuses to acknowledge ‘Muslim terrorists’ at summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I don't need an excuse since there's an actual reason.
    In Stewarts case it just took making faces at the camera for laughs, but yes, I get your point and comedy in general is funnier when rooted in reality. The ancient greeks even knew this to be true.
    So that's what you sum up Stewarts satirical comedic success as... just making faces?

    http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/3p...tephen-colbert

    THAT is some serious research displayed in comedic fashion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #373
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Obama refuses to acknowledge ‘Muslim terrorists’ at summit

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    So that's what you sum up Stewarts satirical comedic success as... just making faces?

    http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/3p...tephen-colbert

    THAT is some serious research displayed in comedic fashion.
    Aw come on...The guy has like what? 38 writers?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #374
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Obama refuses to acknowledge ‘Muslim terrorists’ at summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Radical Islam = Radical Christianity


    Not sure if you r seriouz.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #375
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Obama refuses to acknowledge ‘Muslim terrorists’ at summit

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Aw come on...The guy has like what? 38 writers?
    And they are all awesome at their jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  6. #376
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Obama refuses to acknowledge ‘Muslim terrorists’ at summit

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    And they are all awesome at their jobs.
    Yeah, but let's not pretend like he is coming up with this shtick on his own...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #377
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Obama refuses to acknowledge ‘Muslim terrorists’ at summit

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yeah, but let's not pretend like he is coming up with this shtick on his own...
    He's the pitchman. And he's great at it. I'm pretty sure someone in his position has some input on material as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  8. #378
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Obama refuses to acknowledge ‘Muslim terrorists’ at summit

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    He's the pitchman. And he's great at it. I'm pretty sure someone in his position has some input on material as well.
    No doubt....So, who do you think will replace him? Jessica Williams?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #379
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Obama refuses to acknowledge ‘Muslim terrorists’ at summit

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No doubt....So, who do you think will replace him? Jessica Williams?
    I've no idea. Big mystery. I was hoping John Oliver but HBO has him tied down. He did a great job filling in for a couple weeks when Stewart was out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #380
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama refuses to acknowledge ‘Muslim terrorists’ at summit

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    So that's what you sum up Stewarts satirical comedic success as... just making faces?

    http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/3p...tephen-colbert

    THAT is some serious research displayed in comedic fashion.
    Jon Stewart caters to the Gruber crowd who believe, when they are watching his mugging, that they are watching sophisticated in-your-face political comedy. Stewart is still doing safe jokes while remaining as far removed as possible from things that matter.

    Islam is a goldmine for satirists but certainly no one in Hollywood or any mainstream media personality is going to go near it, except in the most oblique way. They are pussies designed for those who are still into the George Bush administration.
    Last edited by Grant; 02-24-15 at 07:13 PM.

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •