Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 382

Thread: Obama refuses to acknowledge ‘Muslim terrorists’ at summit

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama refuses to acknowledge ‘Muslim terrorists’ at summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    He's not wrong.
    Kobie, is he right? It must get tiresome defending him at some point.

  2. #12
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,878

    Re: Obama refuses to acknowledge ‘Muslim terrorists’ at summit

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Kobie, is he right? It must get tiresome defending him at some point.
    It gets tiresome, actually, seeing the same lame partisan attacks from anti-liberals over, and over, and over again.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  3. #13
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,868
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Obama refuses to acknowledge ‘Muslim terrorists’ at summit

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Im saying we have a leader who wont dare utter the problem. His PC spin prevents this.
    Again, I know you don't want to read it because it causes cognitive dissonance, but Obama's disassociation of ISIS and Islam only serves to undermine ISIS's authority, it doesn't affect military strategy.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama refuses to acknowledge ‘Muslim terrorists’ at summit

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Again, I know you don't want to read it because it causes cognitive dissonance, but Obama's disassociation of ISIS and Islam only serves to undermine ISIS's authority, it doesn't affect military strategy.
    Obama's trying to separate islam from terrorism and nobodies buying it.

    Undermine with who? Is it working yet?

  5. #15
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,868
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Obama refuses to acknowledge ‘Muslim terrorists’ at summit

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Obama's trying to separate islam from terrorism and nobodies buying it.
    Yes, because by doing so he doesn't isolate the majority of the people fighting against ISIS.

    Undermine with who? Is it working yet?
    Absolutely.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama refuses to acknowledge ‘Muslim terrorists’ at summit

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Yes, because by doing so he doesn't isolate the majority of the people fighting against ISIS.



    Absolutely.
    What people fighting against ISIS? The ones who would be doing it anyway? You think the Kurds, Egyptians, and Jordanians wouldn't be fighting if Obama called them what they are-Islamic terrorists?

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    03-19-15 @ 07:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    740

    Re: Obama refuses to acknowledge ‘Muslim terrorists’ at summit

    Obama won't call it what it is because that would be blasphemy. In the eyes of Islam, Jihadist (warriors) are holy men. To speak ill of them would be wrong in that religion. To them, these are not "Islamic terrorist," but Holy Warriors, thus it's why he won't put the two words together.

    "We are not at war with Islam."

    A repeated phrase he uses quite often, which in his eyes are correct. He is not at war with Islam, but Islam is at war with us, which is something he won't add into that phrase. The fact is we ar at war with Islam, whether we wish to believe it or not.

  8. #18
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama refuses to acknowledge ‘Muslim terrorists’ at summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    It gets tiresome, actually, seeing the same lame partisan attacks from anti-liberals over, and over, and over again.
    "Anti-liberals"? Oh what a victim you are...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #19
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama refuses to acknowledge ‘Muslim terrorists’ at summit

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Yes, because by doing so he doesn't isolate the majority of the people fighting against ISIS.



    Absolutely.
    Pew says according to their survey as many as 22% of Muslims world wide believe in this Jihad on the west. And an even wider % are loathed to stand up to those within doing this genocide against non believers in Islam. Here in the civilized world if you stand by and say nothing while a crime is committed, then you are guilty too. Why is this all of the sudden not applicable to this?

    You say this weak kneed approach is working? How? Because so far, they have become a larger force, and more brazen. I don't see anything but failwd policy here on Obama's part....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #20
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama refuses to acknowledge ‘Muslim terrorists’ at summit

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Again, I know you don't want to read it because it causes cognitive dissonance, but Obama's disassociation of ISIS and Islam only serves to undermine ISIS's authority, it doesn't affect military strategy.
    Exactly, and this was learned by the end of the Bush administration too. All reference to Islamic extremism and jihad were expunged from the BA vocabulary, in their last year.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •