Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Ferguson Police Could Face Federal Lawsuit

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    03-19-15 @ 07:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    740

    Ferguson Police Could Face Federal Lawsuit

    "The Justice Department is preparing to bring a lawsuit against the Ferguson, Missouri, police department over a pattern of racially discriminatory tactics used by officers, sources tell CNN."

    In a town where the population is what, 70% black, of course a series of arrests and the tactics used looks like a "pattern." Sounds like Eric Holder is just upset that evidence against Michael Brown overrides his Liberal views.

  2. #2
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Ferguson Police Could Face Federal Lawsuit

    If they are trying out parachute bullets as has been reported, then I suspect that they themselves acknowledge they have a problem.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Ferguson Police Could Face Federal Lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by chad1389 View Post
    "The Justice Department is preparing to bring a lawsuit against the Ferguson, Missouri, police department over a pattern of racially discriminatory tactics used by officers, sources tell CNN."

    In a town where the population is what, 70% black, of course a series of arrests and the tactics used looks like a "pattern." Sounds like Eric Holder is just upset that evidence against Michael Brown overrides his Liberal views.
    I'm a liberal, I dont disagree with the decision not to charge the cop in Ferguson.

    Hmm. Make knee-jerk assumptions alot? They dont work all that well here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    03-19-15 @ 07:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    740

    Re: Ferguson Police Could Face Federal Lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I'm a liberal, I dont disagree with the decision not to charge the cop in Ferguson.

    Hmm. Make knee-jerk assumptions alot? They dont work all that well here.
    His. His as in his own views. I'm Republican but I don't watch Foxnews.

  5. #5
    Guru
    Velvet Elvis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    4,493

    Re: Ferguson Police Could Face Federal Lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by chad1389 View Post
    "The Justice Department is preparing to bring a lawsuit against the Ferguson, Missouri, police department over a pattern of racially discriminatory tactics used by officers, sources tell CNN."
    What exactly is this "pattern?" Did they describe it?

    In a town where the population is what, 70% black, of course a series of arrests and the tactics used looks like a "pattern." Sounds like Eric Holder is just upset that evidence against Michael Brown overrides his Liberal views.
    Fergutroit is exactly what you'd think it is...a township with a substantial ghetto culture. There was zero surprise, here in St Louis, that the riots happened. Nothing was going to stop it. If the cop was found guilty, they'd have still burned their own neighborhood down. If the jury was hung, they'd have still burned their own neighborhood down.

    Holder's doing nothing but doing damage control for his party. That's all.
    Liberals: Demanding the freedom to write laws to take freedoms away from people they don't agree with.

  6. #6
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,708

    Re: Ferguson Police Could Face Federal Lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by chad1389 View Post
    "The Justice Department is preparing to bring a lawsuit against the Ferguson, Missouri, police department over a pattern of racially discriminatory tactics used by officers, sources tell CNN."

    In a town where the population is what, 70% black, of course a series of arrests and the tactics used looks like a "pattern." Sounds like Eric Holder is just upset that evidence against Michael Brown overrides his Liberal views.
    You have no idea what evidence they have or what pattern is observed, but you know they are wrong!
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    03-19-15 @ 07:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    740

    Re: Ferguson Police Could Face Federal Lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You have no idea what evidence they have or what pattern is observed, but you know they are wrong!
    I know that no jury could find the cop who shot Michael Brown guilty due to lack of evidence. I know that the town of Ferguson is mostly black. I know that there are a lot of pissed off resident of ferguson who feel they did not get justice. I know that Eric Holder is being pressured into doing something because of the overwhelmingly majority of people who feel the same way. These I do know.

  8. #8
    Sage
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,121

    Re: Ferguson Police Could Face Federal Lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by chad1389 View Post
    "The Justice Department is preparing to bring a lawsuit against the Ferguson, Missouri, police department over a pattern of racially discriminatory tactics used by officers, sources tell CNN."

    In a town where the population is what, 70% black, of course a series of arrests and the tactics used looks like a "pattern." Sounds like Eric Holder is just upset that evidence against Michael Brown overrides his Liberal views.
    Holder still has an obsession with Fergeson? What an asshole.

  9. #9
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,708

    Re: Ferguson Police Could Face Federal Lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by chad1389 View Post
    I know that no jury could find the cop who shot Michael Brown guilty due to lack of evidence. I know that the town of Ferguson is mostly black. I know that there are a lot of pissed off resident of ferguson who feel they did not get justice. I know that Eric Holder is being pressured into doing something because of the overwhelmingly majority of people who feel the same way. These I do know.
    And I know our justice system actually does have a systemic racial bias, so I will wait and see what evidence exists before judging.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Ferguson Police Could Face Federal Lawsuit

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    If they are trying out parachute bullets as has been reported, then I suspect that they themselves acknowledge they have a problem.
    Trying something out does not indicate any such thing.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •