Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 157

Thread: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

  1. #121
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,492

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Jesus man do you always have to straw man. I never said militias cannot be terrorists. His simply jumping to that conclusion with absolutely no evidence.

    Are you serious...


    Deal with the absurdity of disconnect..

    It is one thing to continue to project your **** on others ..but quite another to defend that position which you clearly have not done. Making more amateur accusations is boring....

    Have a good day
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  2. #122
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Are you serious...


    Deal with the absurdity of disconnect..

    It is one thing to continue to project your **** on others ..but quite another to defend that position which you clearly have not done. Making more amateur accusations is boring....

    Have a good day
    And a fine day to you too sir strawman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    You do know that in the last year of the Bush administration that the same language you want Obama to use, was expunged from their rhetoric, don't you?
    Yes, this act is wearing a bit thin.

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yes, the Islamic State did exist in 2007, they just hadn't adopted the name yet.
    A classic!

  5. #125
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, this act is wearing a bit thin.
    Thick or thin, the Bush administration amended its language to look much like Obama's today. So, I don't care if some schmuck in Costa Rica doesn't like it.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #126
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    A classic!
    I suppose that due to its lengthy history, one could refer to it as a classic, sure.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #127
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yes, the Islamic State did exist in 2007, they just hadn't adopted the name yet. The ambition for a caliphate state is old. Now, due to decades of failed US policy, they got themselves one. The reason that Bush stopped using the language that you insist Obama use, is that it was brought to his attention that it was inadvertently encouraging terrorists, and legitimising them. Is that what you support, is that what you want Obama to do, hmm? Stop being a hypocrite about this.
    So you know that by that argument ISIS actually started in 1999 as Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad, right?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  8. #128
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    So you know that by that argument ISIS actually started in 1999 as Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad, right?
    I know that the Islamic State is nothing new under the sun.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #129
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I know that the Islamic State is nothing new under the sun.
    Yeah, they never really had the perfect storm of bad US policy until 2013. they really seized upon our ineptitude.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  10. #130
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Yeah, they never really had the perfect storm of bad US policy until 2013. they really seized upon our ineptitude.
    You may call it what you wish j, but the caliph, that the current proprietors are enforcing, IS NOT NEW, and has had its moments in time past. Why do you continue to deny that the Obama administration has facilitated and enabled the recent incarnation, hmm?


    A caliphate (Arabic: خِلافة‎ khilāfa) is a form of Islamic government led by a caliph (Arabic: خَليفة‎ khalīfah pronunciation )—a person considered a political and religious successor to the prophet Muhammad and a leader of the entire Muslim community.[1] The Rashidun caliphs, who directly succeeded Muhammad as leaders of the Muslim community, were chosen through shura, a process of community consultation which some consider an early form of Islamic democracy.[2] During the history of Islam after the Rashidun period, many Muslim states, almost all of them hereditary monarchies, have claimed to be caliphates.[1]
    Last edited by Montecresto; 02-23-15 at 10:15 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •