Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 157

Thread: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Looks good I wonder if there are any border crossings with Iraq? Perhaps they are closed since ISIS?
    Yeah there is.....and the Saud are in control of it. I was told its like a no mans land. Iraqis on one side the Saud on the other. Well Until the Iraqis ran off. Then the Saud took control.

  2. #112
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I voted for Reagan twice, but please, don't tell anyone. I was young then.
    Me too.

  3. #113
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It doesn't matter how many years distant it is that Bush did the same thing that you're now criticising Obama for, and that's pathetically hypocritical, and I'll be pointing that out every time I see it.
    It matters because it's a logical fallacy you're the only one talking about. Bush is not President. ISIS didn't exist in 2007, so it's not only logical fallacy it's also irrelevant.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #114
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Me too.
    Lol. I probably have less of an excuse then you. I was raised in California when he was governor. But you know what, Reagan use to hold a lot of progressive positions, and implemented some as governor. But maybe he got high jacked by the neocon crowd or something in DC.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #115
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    It matters because it's a logical fallacy you're the only one talking about. Bush is not President. ISIS didn't exist in 2007, so it's not only logical fallacy it's also irrelevant.
    Yes, the Islamic State did exist in 2007, they just hadn't adopted the name yet. The ambition for a caliphate state is old. Now, due to decades of failed US policy, they got themselves one. The reason that Bush stopped using the language that you insist Obama use, is that it was brought to his attention that it was inadvertently encouraging terrorists, and legitimising them. Is that what you support, is that what you want Obama to do, hmm? Stop being a hypocrite about this.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #116
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yes, the Islamic State did exist in 2007, they just hadn't adopted the name yet. The ambition for a caliphate state is old.
    Then according to your logic the Islamic State has existed since the 5th century, post Muhammad's death.

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Now, due to decades of failed US policy, they got themselves one. The reason that Bush stopped using the language that you insist Obama use, is that it was brought to his attention that it was inadvertently encouraging terrorists, and legitimising them. Is that what you support, is that what you want Obama to do, hmm? Stop being a hypocrite about this.
    Yes I support calling an enemy by their name - don't care if that legitimizes them or not. If they are Islamic Terrorists - that's what you call them. If they are Neo-Nazi's that's what you call them.

    Stop using strawmen ... that will solve your misinformed hypocrisy notion.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #117
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Then according to your logic the Islamic State has existed since the 5th century, post Muhammad's death.


    Yes I support calling an enemy by their name - don't care if that legitimizes them or not. If they are Islamic Terrorists - that's what you call them. If they are Neo-Nazi's that's what you call them.

    Stop using strawmen ... that will solve your misinformed hypocrisy notion.
    Thee Islamic State has likely been established, and broken many times. Anyway, it's not a strawman, its literal hypocrisy to criticise Obama for doing what Bush did, without criticising Bush for doing it too! Yes, this is classic, not quasi, hypocrisy.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #118
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Thee Islamic State has likely been established, and broken many times. Anyway, it's not a strawman,
    It is a strawman since you're the only one talking about Bush - as I've already stated it's logical fallacy and irrelevant.

    Go ahead have the last word since I'm just repeating myself to someone who either cannot or will not listen. Have a nice night.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #119
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    It is a strawman since you're the only one talking about Bush - as I've already stated it's logical fallacy and irrelevant.

    Go ahead have the last word since I'm just repeating myself to someone who either cannot or will not listen. Have a nice night.
    Ok, you stay warm now.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #120
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    A disconnect?

    WTF?

    Militia cannot be terrorist? And based on a six word headline?

    Look, the prime minister of Britain this week called them "Islamic Terrorists", as has the president of France, and Canada's Stephen Harper, all of whom are far more qualified to lead than Obama on his best day. I call them Islamic Terrorists along with **** offs and misfits, murderous scum, and deranged Islamists.

    I am going to continue to call them that as will, I suspect the more honest world leaders and much of the rest of the world.

    You and Obama are simply going to have to accept that ans quit whining.

    A real leader would be assuring the American people that one day and soon, you will not be losing anymore instead of creating straw men over what to call slithering misfits and sub humans who are hacking the heads off babies and burning people alive in the name of alah.

    FFS, I thought progressives valued human life. Not from what we see here. It's all about image and labels, and Obama, of course. It always must be about Obama. he sees to that
    Jesus man do you always have to straw man. I never said militias cannot be terrorists. His simply jumping to that conclusion with absolutely no evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •