Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 157

Thread: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

  1. #101
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    You should be instead of making up strawmen.



    What year do you think it is? Bush is the strawman. Do you need me to explain why it's a strawman or do you just like trying to draw others into debating logical fallacies?

    How about you explain why the WH cannot utter the two words the left whines about is a Fox meme.
    I was glad that Bush finally stopped using the language, and I'm glad that Obama won't. So why would I criticise the WH on this. Obviously, you do have two sets of standards.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #102
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I was glad that Bush finally stopped using the language, and I'm glad that Obama won't. So why would I criticise the WH on this. Obviously, you do have two sets of standards.
    Obviously you want to create and knock down your own strawman argument. You seem to have done just that. Congratulations!
    I'm happy you are glad the WH cannot name their enemy, perhaps, it's because they are NOT an enemy at all.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    They will soon be fighting off their own Islamic terrorists so I suspect they're saving bullets for then.

    What I'd like to know is what happens when ISIS hits the Saudi frontier?


    This past week, a commander and two guards on the Saudi-Iraq border were killed during an attack by Islamic State militants, the first direct ground assault by the group on the border. "It is the first attack by Islamic State itself against Saudi Arabia and is a clear message after Saudi Arabia entered the international coalition against it," Mustafa Alani, an Iraqi security analyst with close ties to Saudi Arabia's interior ministry, told Reuters.....snip~

    The Great Wall of Saudi Arabia?

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/middle...-arabia-7.html


    Saudi border guards get shoot on sight orders....

    Saudi border guards have been given orders to shoot infiltrators on sight after three troopers were killed on the Iraqi frontier earlier this month, a spokesman said on Monday. The orders apply to guards patrolling the southern border with Yemen as well as the northern frontier with Iraq, Major General Mohammed al-Ghamdi told AFP.

    "After that, we will not negotiate with anyone," Ghamdi said. "We will shoot them directly without any warning, without any negotiation." The shoot on sight order also applies to the southern border with Yemen, where Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula has established a major presence amid deepening instability.....snip~

    Saudi border guards get shoot on sight orders

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    They will soon be fighting off their own Islamic terrorists so I suspect they're saving bullets for then.

    What I'd like to know is what happens when ISIS hits the Saudi frontier?
    If ISIS strikes SA, they will be in a tight spot. They would want to attack with extreme prejudice, but its also the birthplace of wahhabism and certainly not new to terrorism-they might risk the locals being sympathetic.

    Id think they very much want to defeat ISIS in Iraq and Syria now.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post


    This past week, a commander and two guards on the Saudi-Iraq border were killed during an attack by Islamic State militants, the first direct ground assault by the group on the border. "It is the first attack by Islamic State itself against Saudi Arabia and is a clear message after Saudi Arabia entered the international coalition against it," Mustafa Alani, an Iraqi security analyst with close ties to Saudi Arabia's interior ministry, told Reuters.....snip~

    The Great Wall of Saudi Arabia?

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/middle...-arabia-7.html


    Saudi border guards get shoot on sight orders....

    Saudi border guards have been given orders to shoot infiltrators on sight after three troopers were killed on the Iraqi frontier earlier this month, a spokesman said on Monday. The orders apply to guards patrolling the southern border with Yemen as well as the northern frontier with Iraq, Major General Mohammed al-Ghamdi told AFP.

    "After that, we will not negotiate with anyone," Ghamdi said. "We will shoot them directly without any warning, without any negotiation." The shoot on sight order also applies to the southern border with Yemen, where Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula has established a major presence amid deepening instability.....snip~

    Saudi border guards get shoot on sight orders
    Lets see how well that wall works, Id expect them to find ways past it.

  6. #106
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Obviously you want to create and knock down your own strawman argument. You seem to have done just that. Congratulations!
    I'm happy you are glad the WH cannot name their enemy, perhaps, it's because they are NOT an enemy at all.
    I've pointed out regularly that this White House policies have been beneficial to the Islamic State and other terrorist organisations, so I don't get your point on that. And if you won't criticise Bush, for doing the same thing that you're criticising Obama for, then you're a hypocrite.
    Last edited by Montecresto; 02-22-15 at 05:34 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Lets see how well that wall works, Id expect them to find ways past it.

    I don't know USC .....this is what you call border security.







  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    I don't know USC .....this is what you call border security.






    Looks good I wonder if there are any border crossings with Iraq? Perhaps they are closed since ISIS?

  9. #109
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I've pointed out regularly that this White House policies have been beneficial to the Islamic State and other terrorist organisations, so I don't get your point on that. And if you won't criticise Bush, for doing the same thing that your criticising Obama for, then your a hypocrite.
    Bush hasn't been President for 7 years and frankly, their use of language doesn't apply because as I've already pointed out, it's your strawman - and because I won't address your strawman doesn't make me anything except smarter than you. I can't make my point any plainer than I already have now, twice, so please go back and read it about the WH language issue. Hopefully with repetition it'll dawn on you at some point.

    That the WH cannot name their enemy is precious and continues to be, and to that point, it maybe that the WH just sees ISIS as a rag tag JV team of ruffians / hooligans who need to be arrested and read miranda rights. Don't put them in Gitmo though... oh no. A good spanking and to bed with no dinner for them!
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #110
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Libya’s Islamist militia strike from the sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Bush hasn't been President for 7 years and frankly, their use of language doesn't apply because as I've already pointed out, it's your strawman - and because I won't address your strawman doesn't make me anything except smarter than you. I can't make my point any plainer than I already have now, twice, so please go back and read it about the WH language issue. Hopefully with repetition it'll dawn on you at some point.

    That the WH cannot name their enemy is precious and continues to be, and to that point, it maybe that the WH just sees ISIS as a rag tag JV team of ruffians / hooligans who need to be arrested and read miranda rights. Don't put them in Gitmo though... oh no. A good spanking and to bed with no dinner for them!
    It doesn't matter how many years distant it is that Bush did the same thing that you're now criticising Obama for, and that's pathetically hypocritical, and I'll be pointing that out every time I see it.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •