Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: CNN Poll: Most disapprove of Obama handling of ISIS

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    CNN Poll: Most disapprove of Obama handling of ISIS

    The CNN/ORC poll found 57% of Americans disapprove of how Obama is handling the threat posed by ISIS, a significant decline in support for the President over the past few months. In late September, that number was 49%.

    Fifty-seven percent disapprove of his handling of foreign affairs more broadly, and 54% disapprove of how the President is handling terrorism. Another 60% rate Obama negatively on his handling of electronic national security.
    Poll: Most disapprove of Obama handling of ISIS - CNN.com

    Interesting, I bet the numbers have only risen after this weekends bloodshed.

    Obama has the opportunity to lead the world including the largest arab coalition in history against ISIS, but instead he had the nerve to mention jobs programs for them.

  2. #2
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: CNN Poll: Most disapprove of Obama handling of ISIS

    Most have absolutely no idea how to handle this situation and just like to complain. By all means, offer some meaningful alternative.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: CNN Poll: Most disapprove of Obama handling of ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Most have absolutely no idea how to handle this situation and just like to complain. By all means, offer some meaningful alternative.
    I just did in my op. Obama is tripping, deal with it.

  4. #4
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: CNN Poll: Most disapprove of Obama handling of ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    I just did in my op.
    I said meaningful alternative, not bogging us down in another war that will only serve to galvanize more extremists against us.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  5. #5
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,350

    Re: CNN Poll: Most disapprove of Obama handling of ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Most have absolutely no idea how to handle this situation and just like to complain. By all means, offer some meaningful alternative.
    Terrorism is not a problem the USA and a partial congregation of countries should shoulder. This is global criminality and should be addressed by the United Nations. The President and the then Secretary of State should have been much more pushy in that direction during the Arab Spring, in Libya and in Syria, where IS gained its leverage.

  6. #6
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: CNN Poll: Most disapprove of Obama handling of ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Terrorism is not a problem the USA and a partial congregation of countries should shoulder. This is global criminality and should be addressed by the United Nations. The President and the then Secretary of State should have been much more pushy in that direction during the Arab Spring, in Libya and in Syria, where IS gained its leverage.
    See, that's something useful. This should be addressed by the global community, not just as a conflict between the United States and ISIS. But we should have been doing this for decades, as soon as the Cold War was done. It's not an issue you can simply lay at the feet of Obama and Hillary Clinton. This is two decades of failure to deal with the consequences of even more decades of failure.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  7. #7
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,350

    Re: CNN Poll: Most disapprove of Obama handling of ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    See, that's something useful. This should be addressed by the global community, not just as a conflict between the United States and ISIS. But we should have been doing this for decades, as soon as the Cold War was done. It's not an issue you can simply lay at the feet of Obama and Hillary Clinton. This is two decades of failure to deal with the consequences of even more decades of failure.
    Actually, the problem was Analysen after the fall of the Soviet, the US did push some and the UN reacted with r2p. But this has made only slow progress and we have been doing too little.

  8. #8
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,225

    Re: CNN Poll: Most disapprove of Obama handling of ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Poll: Most disapprove of Obama handling of ISIS - CNN.com

    Interesting, I bet the numbers have only risen after this weekends bloodshed.

    Obama has the opportunity to lead the world including the largest arab coalition in history against ISIS, but instead he had the nerve to mention jobs programs for them.
    What specifically is there to "approve" of?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  9. #9
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,330
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: CNN Poll: Most disapprove of Obama handling of ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Poll: Most disapprove of Obama handling of ISIS - CNN.com

    Interesting, I bet the numbers have only risen after this weekends bloodshed.

    Obama has the opportunity to lead the world including the largest arab coalition in history against ISIS, but instead he had the nerve to mention jobs programs for them.
    Well, that will certainly hurt his re-election chances.

    Oh wait...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #10
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,351

    Re: CNN Poll: Most disapprove of Obama handling of ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Poll: Most disapprove of Obama handling of ISIS - CNN.com

    Interesting, I bet the numbers have only risen after this weekends bloodshed.

    Obama has the opportunity to lead the world including the largest arab coalition in history against ISIS, but instead he had the nerve to mention jobs programs for them.
    Greetings, US Conservative.

    He also talked about "focusing like a laser" on jobs here, too, beginning in 2009 and continuing into 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 etc. It's all talk and no action! People even began to comment on his apparently defective laser, suggesting it go to the repair shop! I agree that men do need jobs, no matter where they live, but how does that square with their religious outlook on life? Does that mean that if they're busy working they won't have time to behead people or burn them alive or any of the other atrocities they are committing? I don't know, but this must not continue! They are getting more brazen and arrogant as time passes, and they seem to enjoy what they are doing, while daring Obama and other countries into doing something about it - like bullies usually do! We know who the leaders are who have master-minded this - strike at them and permanently get rid of the scumbags starting now!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •