Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 374

Thread: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

  1. #11
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,567

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Of course they want that.... if US or western troops go in, then they can start using the crusade card.. a very powerful image in the middle eastern folklore and history. Nothing helps recruitment as an ancient enemy that is seen as the devil it self.

    However saying that, this could easily backfire on ISIS as the victims are mostly fellow Muslims... Just look at the Jordanian pilot and the reaction there... not talking about the government reaction but the mood in and views in the country towards ISIS.
    I don't think that ISIS sees a difference between Christians and non-Sunni Muslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  2. #12
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    If they are burning up Muslims this is going to go against them. Both sides of the sectarian divide will end up putting aside their difference to remove their Heretics.

    Which every little bit helps.
    There you have it. Lets set this one out and push for that local solution.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #13
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    I thought the real worry was a backlash by evil Americans in the States being mean to Peaceful Muslims....
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  4. #14
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,968

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    ISIS militants reportedly burn to death 45 people in western Iraqi town | Fox News


    These people seem to be daring us, BEGGING us to send in ground forces. Acts this brazen undoubtedly are meant to elicit a response...
    JV wants to be varsity, I see.

    These are pretty sick sons of bitches, if I do say so.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    ISIS militants reportedly burn to death 45 people in western Iraqi town | Fox News


    These people seem to be daring us, BEGGING us to send in ground forces. Acts this brazen undoubtedly are meant to elicit a response...
    You're not allowed to call them "Islamic State militants"..... folks get all pissy when you use the term " Islamic" or "Islam", Including our President.

    use non-offensive terms.. like "disgruntled persons" or "nonreligious freedom fighters".....we don't need to offend sensibilities

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    I thought the real worry was a backlash by evil Americans in the States being mean to Peaceful Muslims....
    It IS. I've spent many a sleepless night worrying about just that.

  7. #17
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,703
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    JV wants to be varsity, I see.

    These are pretty sick sons of bitches, if I do say so.
    Part of me really wants to believe that our President and our leaders have some secret strategy that will make statements like "the JV team", the refusal to call these people what they really are, and our reluctance to do anything more than lob a few token missiles in their general direction, make sense at some point. I really do want to believe that he is not as completely incompetent as he looks right now.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    You're not allowed to call them "Islamic State militants"..... folks get all pissy when you use the term " Islamic" or "Islam", Including our President.

    use non-offensive terms.. like "disgruntled persons" or "nonreligious freedom fighters".....we don't need to offend sensibilities
    Including our former president.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #19
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,703
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    You're not allowed to call them "Islamic State militants"..... folks get all pissy when you use the term " Islamic" or "Islam", Including our President.

    use non-offensive terms.. like "disgruntled persons" or "nonreligious freedom fighters".....we don't need to offend sensibilities
    Just so you know... those were NOT my words. They were written in the article linked.

    I would NEVER say something so vile and offensive about the religion of peace.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    Part of me really wants to believe that our President and our leaders have some secret strategy that will make statements like "the JV team", the refusal to call these people what they really are, and our reluctance to do anything more than lob a few token missiles in their general direction, make sense at some point. I really do want to believe that he is not as completely incompetent as he looks right now.
    The Bush administration began the process of expunging the language you want Obama to use.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •