Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 374

Thread: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    We should have been thinking how the West could and should respond. But a problem is that 'the west' of today is not the west of a couple of generations ago. This generation has no idea of real bad guys, real war, or real death and rapes to real people. They only see it on movies or video games and none of it is genuinely real to them.

    The Islamists have a better grip on reality and what it takes to fight a Superpower and their far better equipped military opponents. The stumbling western giants just bump into each, dazed and confused and wait for the next attack.


    Heya Grant. How many times have I said our people have been played. Outwitted and to involved with the prestige and the cameras and themselves. Both sides of the aisle has.....only Department heads and chairs changed. People in with both sides of our aisle and been there for 10 years or more not counting the younger generation just brought in.

    Even with our own allies. From Diplomats sent to the UN and from Ambassador titles given to actors for countries. Things need to start changing and we need people who know what they are doing and for what reasons.

  2. #162
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,402

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Right, and they're saying those things, why again? Do they really think they can take on the entire rest of the world and win?

    or do they have a different agenda?
    Why ask?

    First, that would require taking some time to understand how this new grotesque has been formed, the frustrations of history and the root of the rabid hate that drives them.

    That would first require identifying how this aberration of Islam came into being in the first place and that would mean using the words "terrorist" and "Islam" in the same sentence.

    And it appears that's out of the question.

    I'd say what they really want is to strike so much fear in the Western world we simply cave. So far it seems its working
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  3. #163
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well its not like you are any solution or even have one.....as you tend to avoid talking about when others start chaos. Only look to blame the US. For everything since its beginning.

    Like you did with Russia.....knowin Putin was in the wrong. Who did you blame.....the US. Who did you blame for Iran.....the US. Iraq the US. Japan and WWII the US.

    No talk from Monte about what the sponsors of terrorism are doing and giving them any credit. Just back to your usual.....blame the US. Oh and not much talk from Monte and about what the Saud is doing. Especially with you being there and all, huh?
    No, actually, on the issue of Ukraine, I do not know Putin is in the wrong, I don't even think it. Now then, as to Iraq, yes wholly and completely a US failure. Iraq was not complicit in 9/11, had no ties to AQ or OBL. To Japan well, Japan was an aggressor in the Far East and West Pacific. They were not however threatening the US. After prolonged provocations by FDR, Japan attacked the US, so you see, FDR asked for and wanted involvement in that war. And why are you still lying about my position on terrorism, all terrorism, not just that perpetrated by brown people, hmm? Why do you continue to ignore my criticisms of SA, hmm? I've pointed out that the Saudis helped fund 9/11 and supplied 15 of the 19 terrorists. That Saudi Arabia has as big a history, bigger, of support of terrorism as Iran, Libya, the US, Israel or the UK. Speak to that MMC!!!!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #164
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,535

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Or do they use it as a recruiting tool to demonstrate their toughness and ambition?
    No, I don't think that's it. I think that, in their twisted belief system, they think that they'll win even if they're destroyed in the process of bringing about the apocalypse and the coming of the 12th. Imam to establish a worldwide caliphate.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  5. #165
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    If you read what they want.....they think it will fulfill their prophecy. Even if they are not the power structure in the end.




    We have misunderstood the nature of the Islamic State in at least two ways. First, we tend to see jihadism as monolithic, and to apply the logic of al‑Qaeda to an organization that has decisively eclipsed it. The Islamic State supporters I spoke with still refer to Osama bin Laden as “Sheikh Osama,” a title of honor. But jihadism has evolved since al-Qaeda’s heyday, from about 1998 to 2003, and many jihadists disdain the group’s priorities and current leadership.

    We are misled in a second way, by a well-intentioned but dishonest campaign to deny the Islamic State’s medieval religious nature. Peter Bergen, who produced the first interview with bin Laden in 1997, titled his first book Holy War, Inc. in part to acknowledge bin Laden as a creature of the modern secular world. Bin Laden corporatized terror and franchised it out. He requested specific political concessions, such as the withdrawal of U.S. forces from Saudi Arabia. His foot soldiers navigated the modern world confidently. On Mohammad Atta’s last full day of life, he shopped at Walmart and ate dinner at Pizza Hut.....snip~

    What ISIS Really Wants - The Atlantic
    To the bolded, in red! Since when are we listening to what they say they want. Every time I point out what they say they want, I'm told we shouldn't be listening to what the terrorists say, they can't be trusted, lol.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #166
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,535

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    We should have been thinking how the West could and should respond. But a problem is that 'the west' of today is not the west of a couple of generations ago. This generation has no idea of real bad guys, real war, or real death and rapes to real people. They only see it on movies or video games and none of it is genuinely real to them.

    The Islamists have a better grip on reality and what it takes to fight a Superpower and their far better equipped military opponents. The stumbling western giants just bump into each, dazed and confused and wait for the next attack.
    I don't think we can understand the mindset of ISIS from the point of view of the culture of western society.

    And I disagree that they have a grip on reality at all.

    They're living in a fantasy land where they can, through helping ancient prophecies to be fulfilled, bring about a world wide Islamic caliphate. That's their reality, not that they actually think they can defeat the rest of he world militarily.

    In their minds, even if we kill them all, they will still win.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #167
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    They think they can bring about the apocalypse, and the return of the 12th. Imam. That is their real goal. Engaging the west in battle is a part of that plan.
    And as this nightmare progresses, how many Western Christians are going to see this as the fulfilment of their end time prophecies as well, and play right along? In the meantime, there are those who think both are fantasies and don't fancy being caught in between it!!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #168
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,535

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    And as this nightmare progresses, how many Western Christians are going to see this as the fulfilment of their end time prophecies as well, and play right along? In the meantime, there are those who think both are fantasies and don't fancy being caught in between it!!
    I could be wrong, but I really don't believe there are many Western Christians who are willing to die in the effort to bring about the end times. There may be a few, but not enough to actually carry out their wishes.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    No, actually, on the issue of Ukraine, I do not know Putin is in the wrong, I don't even think it. Now then, as to Iraq, yes wholly and completely a US failure. Iraq was not complicit in 9/11, had no ties to AQ or OBL. To Japan well, Japan was an aggressor in the Far East and West Pacific. They were not however threatening the US. After prolonged provocations by FDR, Japan attacked the US, so you see, FDR asked for and wanted involvement in that war. And why are you still lying about my position on terrorism, all terrorism, not just that perpetrated by brown people, hmm? Why do you continue to ignore my criticisms of SA, hmm? I've pointed out that the Saudis helped fund 9/11 and supplied 15 of the 19 terrorists. That Saudi Arabia has as big a history, bigger, of support of terrorism as Iran, Libya, the US, Israel or the UK. Speak to that MMC!!!!


    Naturally you admit it.....but really Monte. You rarely bring it up unless it is related to that event. Otherwise its like all see how it comes off from you. Nothing but how the US is at fault. Like you said going back forty years or at least until Japan, Right.

  10. #170
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    I could be wrong, but I really don't believe there are many Western Christians who are willing to die in the effort to bring about the end times. There may be a few, but not enough to actually carry out their wishes.
    I like the positive attitude, but the more things started to look like it, the more inclined people could be to embrace it.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •