Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 374

Thread: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    I know fully well what ISIS wants.. power and more power. It has absolutely nothing to do with religion but the ability to dominate others. That is why they are raping and murdering across the middle east, to sow fear in the population because fear is the best way to control populations.

    If you think that ISIS is religious.. then you dont understand the situation. You do realize that iPhones are being sold in the crate wise to ISIS controlled areas right along with tons of other luxuaries like Redbull and what not.


    Pete.....even this Left wing Liberal writer gets it. This is one of truly the best written pieces and or articles that's out there on these guys. One has to give the proper kudos. Note what he says and how it is the exact opposite of what you are saying. Like BO and his Team.....all this has done, is hurt the fight against the problem.



    There is a temptation to rehearse this observation—that jihadists are modern secular people, with modern political concerns, wearing medieval religious disguise—and make it fit the Islamic State. In fact, much of what the group does looks nonsensical except in light of a sincere, carefully considered commitment to returning civilization to a seventh-century legal environment, and ultimately to bringing about the apocalypse. The most-articulate spokesmen for that position are the Islamic State’s officials and supporters themselves. They refer derisively to “moderns.” In conversation, they insist that they will not—cannot—waver from governing precepts that were embedded in Islam by the Prophet Muhammad and his earliest followers. They often speak in codes and allusions that sound odd or old-fashioned to non-Muslims, but refer to specific traditions and texts of early Islam.

    The reality is that the Islamic State is Islamic. Very Islamic. Yes, it has attracted psychopaths and adventure seekers, drawn largely from the disaffected populations of the Middle East and Europe. But the religion preached by its most ardent followers derives from coherent and even learned interpretations of Islam.

    Virtually every major decision and law promulgated by the Islamic State adheres to what it calls, in its press and pronouncements, and on its billboards, license plates, stationery, and coins, “the Prophetic methodology,” which means following the prophecy and example of Muhammad, in punctilious detail. Muslims can reject the Islamic State; nearly all do. But pretending that it isn’t actually a religious, millenarian group, with theology that must be understood to be combatted, has already led the United States to underestimate it and back foolish schemes to counter it. We’ll need to get acquainted with the Islamic State’s intellectual genealogy if we are to react in a way that will not strengthen it, but instead help it self-immolate in its own excessive zeal......snip~

    What ISIS Really Wants - The Atlantic

  2. #102
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Pete.....even this Left wing Liberal writer gets it. This is one of truly the best written pieces and or articles that's out there on these guys. One has to give the proper kudos. Note what he says and how it is the exact opposite of what you are saying. Like BO and his Team.....all this has done, is hurt the fight against the problem.



    There is a temptation to rehearse this observation—that jihadists are modern secular people, with modern political concerns, wearing medieval religious disguise—and make it fit the Islamic State. In fact, much of what the group does looks nonsensical except in light of a sincere, carefully considered commitment to returning civilization to a seventh-century legal environment, and ultimately to bringing about the apocalypse. The most-articulate spokesmen for that position are the Islamic State’s officials and supporters themselves. They refer derisively to “moderns.” In conversation, they insist that they will not—cannot—waver from governing precepts that were embedded in Islam by the Prophet Muhammad and his earliest followers. They often speak in codes and allusions that sound odd or old-fashioned to non-Muslims, but refer to specific traditions and texts of early Islam.

    The reality is that the Islamic State is Islamic. Very Islamic. Yes, it has attracted psychopaths and adventure seekers, drawn largely from the disaffected populations of the Middle East and Europe. But the religion preached by its most ardent followers derives from coherent and even learned interpretations of Islam.

    Virtually every major decision and law promulgated by the Islamic State adheres to what it calls, in its press and pronouncements, and on its billboards, license plates, stationery, and coins, “the Prophetic methodology,” which means following the prophecy and example of Muhammad, in punctilious detail. Muslims can reject the Islamic State; nearly all do. But pretending that it isn’t actually a religious, millenarian group, with theology that must be understood to be combatted, has already led the United States to underestimate it and back foolish schemes to counter it. We’ll need to get acquainted with the Islamic State’s intellectual genealogy if we are to react in a way that will not strengthen it, but instead help it self-immolate in its own excessive zeal......snip~

    What ISIS Really Wants - The Atlantic
    And again you and the writer of the article do not get it.. it is about power and all they are doing, is using the Koran as an excuse to justify their actions. It is no different to what Hitler did or other crack pot mass murdering psychos through out history. It is no different than Warren Jeffs, David Koresh and so on. The leader of ISIS has a harem.. just like Koresh and Jeffs had "harems" of willing brainwashed women/girls.

    While politicians in the west tend to go the more legit way by getting elected, the leaders of ISIS went the violent way... but ultimately they are very much alike in the wish for power.
    PeteEU

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    And again you and the writer of the article do not get it.. it is about power and all they are doing, is using the Koran as an excuse to justify their actions. It is no different to what Hitler did or other crack pot mass murdering psychos through out history. It is no different than Warren Jeffs, David Koresh and so on. The leader of ISIS has a harem.. just like Koresh and Jeffs had "harems" of willing brainwashed women/girls.

    While politicians in the west tend to go the more legit way by getting elected, the leaders of ISIS went the violent way... but ultimately they are very much alike in the wish for power.

    No Pete the writer gets it just like many others do and have been telling BO and his Team about how serious this threat is. Some even from BO's own Team. The best part of it is that ISIS and their supporters all validate it.

    That's not to say what you are talking about with Power as a goal and within the Struggle that ISIS has with the Shia and then that of AQ, and Ansar al Sharia.

    Moreover.....even the Shia in Iran believe in the same theory. Just a bit of difference on who will be the Power. Their Prophecy and their 12vers. They even believe that the government today is thee.....one that will usher in the Apocalypse. That this is suppose to be taking place with the Sunni.

    Of course they(Iran/Shia) think they will be able to do so once they have their Nuke.
    Last edited by MMC; 02-18-15 at 11:03 AM.

  4. #104
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    I know fully well what ISIS wants.. power and more power. It has absolutely nothing to do with religion but the ability to dominate others. That is why they are raping and murdering across the middle east, to sow fear in the population because fear is the best way to control populations.
    .



    The Crusades had nothing to do with religion either!
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #105
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Sounds to me like they all need killin'.
    Your approach to every problem caused by poor US policy.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #106
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    No Pete the writer gets it just like many others do and have been telling BO and his Team about how serious this threat is. Some even from BO's own Team. The best part of it is that ISIS and their supporters all validate it.
    For **** sake that has absolutely nothing to do with what I wrote. I have never stated if ISIS was a threat or not. I have been stating why they are doing what they are doing and it is not religious for most of them.

    And for the record, ISIS is a threat, and is a bigger threat than most, but there are similar threats all around the world, some violent, some not.

    That's not to say what you are talking about with Power as a goal and within the Struggle that ISIS has with the Shia and then that of AQ, and Ansar al Sharia.
    Again it is power that is the root core. The struggle between Shia and Sunni.. power. Power over people and land.
    PeteEU

  7. #107
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    The Crusades had nothing to do with religion either!
    Fundamentally religion is about power and the ability to control others.
    PeteEU

  8. #108
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Fundamentally religion is about power and the ability to control others.


    So it IS about religion?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #109
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    ISIS militants reportedly burn to death 45 people in western Iraqi town | Fox News


    These people seem to be daring us, BEGGING us to send in ground forces. Acts this brazen undoubtedly are meant to elicit a response...
    Completely agree with you that they are trying desperately for us to send in ground forces. The only way I think we should oblige is with ground forces and an Armageddon battle plan combined with a well-planned propaganda program to explain what and why we're doing what we're doing. Sounds corny, probably, but drop leaflets everywhere. Using ground troops to hold safe havens. And air to destroy these sorry examples of humanity.

    So says Maggie Patton.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #110
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ISIS reportedly burns 45 people alive

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Completely agree with you that they are trying desperately for us to send in ground forces. The only way I think we should oblige is with ground forces and an Armageddon battle plan combined with a well-planned propaganda program to explain what and why we're doing what we're doing. Sounds corny, probably, but drop leaflets everywhere. Using ground troops to hold safe havens. And air to destroy these sorry examples of humanity.

    So says Maggie Patton.
    This is what you want dropped by leaflet in the ME?????

    PROPAGANDA
    derogatory
    information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.
    "he was charged with distributing enemy propaganda"
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •