Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Spyware Embedded by U.S. in Foreign Networks, Security Firm Says

  1. #1
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,946

    Spyware Embedded by U.S. in Foreign Networks, Security Firm Says

    Thoughts are?
    Next war Cyber warfare will be critical to success.
    My personal opinion- I think that war between China and the US in the next 10-15 years is highly probable.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/17/te...T.nav=top-news

    SAN FRANCISCO — The United States has found a way to permanently embed surveillance and sabotage tools in computers and networks it has targeted in Iran, Russia, Pakistan, China, Afghanistan and other countries closely watched by American intelligence agencies, according to a Russian cybersecurity firm.

    In a presentation of its findings at a conference in Mexico on Monday, Kaspersky Lab, the Russian firm, said that the implants had been placed by what it called the “Equation Group,” which appears to be a veiled reference to the National Security Agency and its military counterpart, United States Cyber Command.

    Some other links
    Beyond Stuxnet and Flame: Equation 'most advanced' cybercriminal gang recorded | ZDNet

    Suite of Sophisticated Nation-State Attack Tools Found With Connection to Stuxnet | WIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Spyware Embedded by U.S. in Foreign Networks, Security Firm Says

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Thoughts are?
    Next war Cyber warfare will be critical to success.
    My personal opinion- I think that war between China and the US in the next 10-15 years is highly probable.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/17/te...T.nav=top-news

    SAN FRANCISCO — The United States has found a way to permanently embed surveillance and sabotage tools in computers and networks it has targeted in Iran, Russia, Pakistan, China, Afghanistan and other countries closely watched by American intelligence agencies, according to a Russian cybersecurity firm.

    In a presentation of its findings at a conference in Mexico on Monday, Kaspersky Lab, the Russian firm, said that the implants had been placed by what it called the “Equation Group,” which appears to be a veiled reference to the National Security Agency and its military counterpart, United States Cyber Command.

    Some other links
    Beyond Stuxnet and Flame: Equation 'most advanced' cybercriminal gang recorded | ZDNet

    Suite of Sophisticated Nation-State Attack Tools Found With Connection to Stuxnet | WIRED
    Can't speak to the timing, but I would agree that US policies are provocations to China.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #3
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,946

    Re: Spyware Embedded by U.S. in Foreign Networks, Security Firm Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Can't speak to the timing, but I would agree that US policies are provocations to China.
    China- India border incursions- still wanting Chinese territory returned-
    Then we have the South China Sea- That is a major flashpoint.
    Claiming territory in SC Sea that in many cases is not theirs to legally claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  4. #4
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Spyware Embedded by U.S. in Foreign Networks, Security Firm Says

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    China- India border incursions- still wanting Chinese territory returned-
    Then we have the South China Sea- That is a major flashpoint.
    Claiming territory in SC Sea that in many cases is not theirs to legally claim.
    Powerful nations have always taken what they want and the US is not without blame in this. Just like the US was not going to go along with Japans designs on the South Pacific region, and if it required a little deceit and intrigue to get the American people on board, ok. I suspect the US won't back down on China either. Its the biggest thing I hate about FP.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Spyware Embedded by U.S. in Foreign Networks, Security Firm Says

    How is that not an act of war. All the countries affected should declare war.

  6. #6
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Spyware Embedded by U.S. in Foreign Networks, Security Firm Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    How is that not an act of war. All the countries affected should declare war.
    If China declares it to be an act of war to them, then it really doesn't matter what Americans think it is. Japan considered FDR's provocations to be acts of war (sorry to state the obvious there) and attacked us because of it. I hope China doesn't do that, even by JANFU's timeline.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Spyware Embedded by U.S. in Foreign Networks, Security Firm Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    If China declares it to be an act of war to them, then it really doesn't matter what Americans think it is. Japan considered FDR's provocations to be acts of war (sorry to state the obvious there) and attacked us because of it. I hope China doesn't do that, even by JANFU's timeline.
    I think its about time countries learn to stop messing with each other, and if that means another world war, so be it.

  8. #8
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Spyware Embedded by U.S. in Foreign Networks, Security Firm Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I think its about time countries learn to stop messing with each other, and if that means another world war, so be it.
    Well, we've already had two of those and nobody stopped doing that, so no, lets not and do something different.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Spyware Embedded by U.S. in Foreign Networks, Security Firm Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Well, we've already had two of those and nobody stopped doing that, so no, lets not and do something different.
    The wars did help create the UN and the EU. It's entirely possible another dose of pain is what world leaders need to drive the point the rest of the way home.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Spyware Embedded by U.S. in Foreign Networks, Security Firm Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The wars did help create the UN and the EU. It's entirely possible another dose of pain is what world leaders need to drive the point the rest of the way home.
    Yeah, I hear ya dude, and no, I ain't going there. Besides, you suggested that another world war would put an end to countries messing with each other, and that's the point I corrected. You didn't say that another world war would give us another great institution like the UN.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •