Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: Fort Carson brigade headed to Kuwait...

  1. #61
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,940

    Re: Fort Carson brigade headed to Kuwait...

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah, we all know we couldn't have won the war without SF.
    No one is talking about SF and making up straw-men and putting words in other people's mouths only makes you look like a retard. But carry on though.

  2. #62
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,940

    Re: Fort Carson brigade headed to Kuwait...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Sure...

    I think I'm being more honest than those who say Obama got bin Laden.
    Well you are defiantly right about that.
    Lol.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,842

    Re: Fort Carson brigade headed to Kuwait...

    Stupid double posts...
    Last edited by Mycroft; 02-17-15 at 02:02 AM.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  4. #64
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,842

    Re: Fort Carson brigade headed to Kuwait...

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Thank you for your service. 5 combat patches? Props.

    I have no doubt they will slay our enemies.
    Thank you. Five combat patches might sound impressive, but it's really not that big of a deal.

    I got one for my first tour in Vietnam

    I got two for my second tour because my unit was being rotated back to the States and I stayed...transfered to a different unit under a different command.

    And two for the Gulf War because my unit was switched from 1st Cav command to 4ID command. That one was a real pain in the butt. That was before the velcro patches...can you imagine how hard it is to find a seamstress in the desert? LOL!!

    Here's one jacket that never got switched:

    2015-02-16 22.46.45.jpg
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Fort Carson brigade headed to Kuwait...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Thank you. Five combat patches might sound impressive, but it's really not that big of a deal.

    I got one for my first tour in Vietnam

    I got two for my second tour because my unit was being rotated back to the States and I stayed...transfered to a different unit under a different command.

    And two for the Gulf War because my unit was switched from 1st Cav command to 4ID command. That one was a real pain in the butt. That was before the velcro patches...can you imagine how hard it is to find a seamstress in the desert? LOL!!

    Here's one jacket that never got switched:

    2015-02-16 22.46.45.jpg
    Nice, what did you do, nam through desert storm(?) era?

  6. #66
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,842

    Re: Fort Carson brigade headed to Kuwait...

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Nice, what did you do, nam through desert storm(?) era?
    Enlisted at 17...two tours in Vietnam...got out after 6 years...out 8 years...went back in...Basic again, AIT for different MOS...6 1/2 years in Germany...came to Ft. Carson. Desert Shield/Storm.


    Interesting tidbit: When I did Basic the second time, I was the only one in my BCT Company who had a combat patch on my Class A uniform...not even the Drill Sergeants had one.
    Last edited by Mycroft; 02-17-15 at 03:56 AM.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Fort Carson brigade headed to Kuwait...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Enlisted at 17...two tours in Vietnam...got out after 6 years...out 8 years...went back in...Basic again, AIT for different MOS...6 1/2 years in Germany...came to Ft. Carson. Desert Shield/Storm.


    Interesting tidbit: When I did Basic the second time, I was the only one in my BCT Company who had a combat patch on my Class A uniform...not even the Drill Sergeants had one.
    Thats a wide swathe. From the cold war to fighting arab dictators. Probably adds insight to the current mess.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,842

    Re: Fort Carson brigade headed to Kuwait...

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Thats a wide swathe. From the cold war to fighting arab dictators. Probably adds insight to the current mess.
    I've certainly had some experiences.

    But enough about me...I never intended to tell my story here.

    As far as the current mess goes...look, on the one hand, the only times I really felt like I was doing my job was during war time. On the other hand, I DON'T like war...it really does suck. But I recognize that sometimes it's a fact of life. But above all, I believe that if we are going to fight...then FIGHT...with everything necessary to end the war.

    That's something that Obama doesn't seem to understand and, as I've said many times, he doesn't do anything unless it benefits him politically. That's why I worry that if the 3rd Brigade sees action he won't let them do it like they can...and should.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Fort Carson brigade headed to Kuwait...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I've certainly had some experiences.

    But enough about me...I never intended to tell my story here.

    As far as the current mess goes...look, on the one hand, the only times I really felt like I was doing my job was during war time. On the other hand, I DON'T like war...it really does suck. But I recognize that sometimes it's a fact of life. But above all, I believe that if we are going to fight...then FIGHT...with everything necessary to end the war.

    That's something that Obama doesn't seem to understand and, as I've said many times, he doesn't do anything unless it benefits him politically. That's why I worry that if the 3rd Brigade sees action he won't let them do it like they can...and should.
    Obama would have not only our Military but the largest coalition of Arab militaries in history if he wants them-but he does not. I can entirely see him sending out troops into harms way with idiotic rules of engagement.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •