Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48

Thread: NYPD Cop Indicted in Fatal Shooting

  1. #21
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: NYPD Cop Indicted in Fatal Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Have you ever been president, a member of Congress or a judge? If not, then we can be expecting you to never post on any politician or judge again since, in your opinion, you are totally unqualified to have any knowledgeable opinion.
    Those are elected officials and certainly don't lay their lives on the line to protect our communities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #22
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NYPD Cop Indicted in Fatal Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You've never served neither your country, nor your community, in anyway, certainly not in anyway that may require you to place your life in danger, but you feel justified in crusifying every cop that makes the news before the verdict and even after a ruling of innocence is handed down.
    It gets tiresome reading someone claiming they used to be someone. What do you do now that makes any difference to anyone?

    Everyone has experience at being a civilian, therefore everyone has knowledge to comment on police interactions with civilians. Have you ever been beaten by a police officer? If not, then you have no knowledge whatsoever of the topic and therefore no basis to comment.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: NYPD Cop Indicted in Fatal Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I say that if you're going to brand cops murderers and racists, that you step into their shoes and show them how its done.
    No one has branded anyone anything. What has been asked is whether you are or have been a police officer. This is now the 3rd post on the matter. You could save yourself the shuffling by simply saying: "No, I have never been a police officer". Or "Yes, I am/have been a police officer".
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #24
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: NYPD Cop Indicted in Fatal Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    No one has branded anyone anything. What has been asked is whether you are or have been a police officer. This is now the 3rd post on the matter. You could save yourself the shuffling by simply saying: "No, I have never been a police officer". Or "Yes, I am/have been a police officer".
    No one? You sure?

    Gurley did nothing more than walk into the stairwell of the building where he lived, and a man with a gun murdered him.
    You liked that post, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #25
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NYPD Cop Indicted in Fatal Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Those are elected officials and certainly don't lay their lives on the line to protect our communities.
    Yes, they do. Elected officials being assassinated is not all that rare.

    Of course, you are arguing that police should never put themselves in a position to lay their lives on the line to protect anyone. Rather, they should summarily eliminate anyone who may possibly poise danger. Police exist to serve the people, not the other way around.

    To make it clear in response to your comments, you're having been a low level grunt in the military has NO relevancy to being a police officer. It is insulting to all police and a lie for you to assert your CLAIMED military ancient past history has ANY relevancy to being a police officer.

  6. #26
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NYPD Cop Indicted in Fatal Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    No one has branded anyone anything. What has been asked is whether you are or have been a police officer. This is now the 3rd post on the matter. You could save yourself the shuffling by simply saying: "No, I have never been a police officer". Or "Yes, I am/have been a police officer".
    He's absurdly trying to equate having been a low ranker in the military LONG ago to that of being a beat police officer. It is offensive to all police and shameful conduct.

    I'll answer for him. No, he was never a police officer and never should have been one because he doesn't understand what being a police officer really is about.

  7. #27
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: NYPD Cop Indicted in Fatal Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Yes, they do. Elected officials being assassinated is not all that rare.

    Of course, you are arguing that police should never put themselves in a position to lay their lives on the line to protect anyone. Rather, they should summarily eliminate anyone who may possibly poise danger. Police exist to serve the people, not the other way around.

    To make it clear in response to your comments, you're having been a low level grunt in the military has NO relevancy to being a police officer. It is insulting to all police and a lie for you to assert your CLAIMED military ancient past history has ANY relevancy to being a police officer.
    Who protects them from assassination?

    How's the view from your armchair, that someone else risks their life to keep safe for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #28
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NYPD Cop Indicted in Fatal Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How many shootouts have you been in? How many times have you placed your life on the line in the interest of public safety?
    There was no shootout.

  9. #29
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: NYPD Cop Indicted in Fatal Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    He's absurdly trying to equate having been a low ranker in the military LONG ago to that of being a beat police officer. It is offensive to all police and shameful conduct.

    I'll answer for him. No, he was never a police officer and never should have been one because he doesn't understand what being a police officer really is about.
    Can't resist posting insults? When were you a cop?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: NYPD Cop Indicted in Fatal Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No one?
    Your lack of reading comprehension is impressive. However, it takes a lot more than that to evade a simple question regarding our conversation. What has been asked of you is whether you are or have been a cop. Have you ever been a cop, apdst? Last time I ask.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •