Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 137

Thread: Tribal leader: Iraqi troops in Anbar province could 'collapse within hours'

  1. #81
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,918

    Re: Tribal leader: Iraqi troops in Anbar province could 'collapse within hours'

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    I also support a Kurdish state, Iran and Turkey not so much.
    If you want a Kurdish state the best way is to eradicate ISIS and maintain a western presence.
    Turkeys gets along with the Peshmerga- cheap oil- with Kirkuk, approx 25 % of total oil reserves.
    Turkey does not get along well with the PKK- who does not get along with the Peshmerga - sound like a familiar Arabic proverb?

    The US did not have to go into all of Iraq. They could have taken the oil fields, air - no fly zone over Iraq and waited for them to turn over who they wanted.
    Set the Kurds up in their own state. recognize them and others would as well.
    The let the Sunni- Shia form their own states.
    Iraq is a failed state, an artificial state since after WW1.
    With long term US Base leases.
    Right on top of the Stans, with oil/gas lines-fields, and Iran close.
    Putin would have had a heart attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Tribal leader: Iraqi troops in Anbar province could 'collapse within hours'

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Keeping the US out was his mission- They are all trying to use the US and others for their own purposes.
    If he thought getting called out after drawing a line was going to do that he failed. And in doing so he also lost all credibility. How much better was that?

  3. #83
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,225

    Re: Tribal leader: Iraqi troops in Anbar province could 'collapse within hours'

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I think that you minimise the help that the US has provided the Syrian opposition. And don't forget, president Assad is fighting his own war on terror, he's not fighting a conventional army out on the battlefield.
    He's not fighting a guerrilla-style insurgency. The opposition, just like any other conventional force, attempts to capture and hold territory. If Assad manages to crush the rebels they might resort to guerrilla tactics, but the rebel forces are as conventional as Hezbollah.
    He has every difficulty that the US has with civilian "collateral damage". The opposition can sucker punch him all they want, whereas he's quite aware that Western media will be reporting every civilian that falls prey to his errant bombs.
    Barrel bombs are improvised area-of-effect weapons. They're used primarily in urban areas such as Aleppo and Damascus, and are indiscriminately dropped on rebel-held territory (since regime troops are not there, the Syrian Arab Air Force has no way of knowing if opposition fighters are actually being targeted). Most residents of Aleppo have fled the city mainly because of regime strategic bombing of the city. Such disregard for civilian welfare is very much a war crime; the US has not utilized tactics of that caliber since Vietnam. That's not even including the shabiha's massacres; the Syrian army's use of live fire, tanks, and snipers against peaceful demonstrators; chemical weapons; or the arbitrary arrests and torture of political activists and children.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  4. #84
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Tribal leader: Iraqi troops in Anbar province could 'collapse within hours'

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    If our support is so effective in syria (to the unicorn moderates) why isn't isis expelled?
    I suspect that it's largely because many of the locals support ISIS. I think it's that way in Iraq also. None of those people are "good", the're all bad guys, and so are the women and children.

    That's the reason I don't believe the US should be in any rush to end this war. It may end, or it may continue to last thousands of years, either way, as long as they are busy fighting each other, I don't expect that they have too much time to plan attacks on the US.

    All we need to do is to keep ISIS in check, keep them from spreading.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Tribal leader: Iraqi troops in Anbar province could 'collapse within hours'

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Turkeys gets along with the Peshmerga- cheap oil- with Kirkuk, approx 25 % of total oil reserves.
    Turkey does not get along well with the PKK- who does not get along with the Peshmerga - sound like a familiar Arabic proverb?

    The US did not have to go into all of Iraq. They could have taken the oil fields, air - no fly zone over Iraq and waited for them to turn over who they wanted.
    Set the Kurds up in their own state. recognize them and others would as well.
    The let the Sunni- Shia form their own states.
    Iraq is a failed state, an artificial state since after WW1.
    With long term US Base leases.
    Right on top of the Stans, with oil/gas lines-fields, and Iran close.
    Putin would have had a heart attack.
    We did go into Iraq, thats water over the dam. Now what?

  6. #86
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,918

    Re: Tribal leader: Iraqi troops in Anbar province could 'collapse within hours'

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    We did go into Iraq, thats water over the dam. Now what?
    Exactly what is being done now- US about to sign a 15 year deal for bases in Erbil- in Kurdistan- see the writing on the wall?
    http://www.iraqinews.com/features/us...nsive-on-isis/
    “The base is close to Erbil, the capital of the regional government…The warplanes will do surveillance, but the warplanes which will bomb ISIL targets will not take off from here,”Helgurt Hikmet, spokesperson for the Ministry of Peshmerga (Kurdish self-defense forces) said, as cited by Anadolu Agency.

    Turkey’s Hurriyet also reported that the US is preparing documents to get land leasehold for the next 15 years to station US military personnel and warplanes. A number of the US Air Force’s Black Hawk helicopters have already been deployed to Erbil earlier this month, to ensure quick rescue operations to save downed pilots bombing ISIS positions in Northern Iraq. Such operations became a priority after ISIS fighters burnt alive a downed Jordanian pil
    Last edited by JANFU; 02-15-15 at 07:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  7. #87
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Tribal leader: Iraqi troops in Anbar province could 'collapse within hours'

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Obama was staying as far away from that nest of destruction as possible - reason he kept on moving his Red Lines.
    Obama dispatched Mrs. Clinton to the UN three times to secure a resolution for the use of force, all three times Russia and China said no. He also asked congress for authorisation, but after the British parliament pulled their support for military intervention, they had little interest. Do not say that Obama didn't want to intervene in Syria, and covertly he was intervening all along.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #88
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Tribal leader: Iraqi troops in Anbar province could 'collapse within hours'

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    If our support is so effective in syria (to the unicorn moderates) why isn't isis expelled?
    Because Obama was denied all measure of overt support.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #89
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,918

    Re: Tribal leader: Iraqi troops in Anbar province could 'collapse within hours'

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Obama dispatched Mrs. Clinton to the UN three times to secure a resolution for the use of force, all three times Russia and China said no. He also asked congress for authorisation, but after the British parliament pulled their support for military intervention, they had little interest. Do not say that Obama didn't want to intervene in Syria, and covertly he was intervening all along.
    I do not recall that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Tribal leader: Iraqi troops in Anbar province could 'collapse within hours'

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    I suspect that it's largely because many of the locals support ISIS. I think it's that way in Iraq also. None of those people are "good", the're all bad guys, and so are the women and children.

    That's the reason I don't believe the US should be in any rush to end this war. It may end, or it may continue to last thousands of years, either way, as long as they are busy fighting each other, I don't expect that they have too much time to plan attacks on the US.

    All we need to do is to keep ISIS in check, keep them from spreading.
    They support what they think is the best option. We need to make our allies in the region the best option. Im sure killing ISIS will help with that.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •