Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 96

Thread: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

  1. #81
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    The numbers vary depending on where you look, but no one has done any serious study in this area, so I can't honestly stand by the numbers, they do seem rather one sided?

    Tim-
    Sounds like you have a topic for a research study!

  2. #82
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    maybe if people had a live and let live belief it would be more accepted or a non-issue. however it isn't a live or let live attitude.
    it is a believe like I do or I will use the government to punish you agenda.

    so of course there is going to be push back.
    what do you expect.

    if you want people to respect your beliefs then it is up to you to respect theirs as well.

    PS: headed to Brussels more than likely in july any tips?
    Yes, outside Brussels is an awesome botanical gardens. If you could make it to Liege, you'd find it remarkable.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #83
    Educator Meadowlark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    10-31-16 @ 02:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    750

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    Nope, does matter if she is bi-sexual.

    She has a job to do and as long as she does it to the best of her ability, that's what counts.

    I'm guessing once a bi-sexual person gets married to the person of their dreams, like any other marriage they are committed to that one person. So they are longer a practicing bi-sexual, but it has nothing to do with her job qualifications.

  4. #84
    User JulesG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Last Seen
    06-06-15 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    11

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    maybe if people had a live and let live belief it would be more accepted or a non-issue. however it isn't a live or let live attitude.
    it is a believe like I do or I will use the government to punish you agenda.

    so of course there is going to be push back.
    what do you expect.

    if you want people to respect your beliefs then it is up to you to respect theirs as well.

    PS: headed to Brussels more than likely in july any tips?
    The problem is I've got a hard time respecting beliefs linked to discrimination.

    Ik Brussles, you should visit the European parliamant, the city hall and the atomium, and then go to Antwerp, Ghent or Brugge (1 hour from Brussels with car). Just like Geneva, Brussels isn't really the perfect city for a touristic visist.

    Antwerp has one of the most beautiful train stations in the world and you can also visit the enormous cathedral or the MAS museum with its extraordinary design.

    In Ghent and Brugge you can visit medieval buildings, most tourists prefer Brugge above all other Belgian cities.

  5. #85
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,561

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    Quote Originally Posted by JulesG View Post
    The problem is I've got a hard time respecting beliefs linked to discrimination.

    Ik Brussles, you should visit the European parliamant, the city hall and the atomium, and then go to Antwerp, Ghent or Brugge (1 hour from Brussels with car). Just like Geneva, Brussels isn't really the perfect city for a touristic visist.

    Antwerp has one of the most beautiful train stations in the world and you can also visit the enormous cathedral or the MAS museum with its extraordinary design.

    In Ghent and Brugge you can visit medieval buildings, most tourists prefer Brugge above all other Belgian cities.
    yea I am there on business.

  6. #86
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    And the world did not end.
    Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual? - Bloomberg Politics
    On Friday afternoon, Gov. John Kitzhaber of Oregon resigned, and the Oregon secretary of state Kate Brown, also a Democrat, became the state governor. In an instant, Oregon had the first openly bisexual governor in American history.

    For many of Gov. Brown’s constituents, this may mean little, because she is married to a man, and has been for many years. The adjective becomes easy to explain away, then; bisexuality is often dismissed as something made up, a risqué adolescent antic, something college girls do to impress boys. Last January, Lisa Diamond, a scholar of sexual orientation, told the reporter Michael Schulman that many people feel bisexuality “is a transitional stage or a form of being in the closet,” but that in fact it’s more common than strictly same-sex attraction.
    Is the question that their bisexuality impairs their decision making or are we afraid they may go raping entire classrooms of children? Either way, I think it is a bad question.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  7. #87
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,787

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    Is the question that their bisexuality impairs their decision making or are we afraid they may go raping entire classrooms of children? Either way, I think it is a bad question.
    Thread rules state I must use what the headline is.
    I an ask or post questions- I did, the world did not end.
    Poster asked or implied as to fidelity- That is none of our business- Hetero- Gay- Bi sexual -
    It is the person and their character - not their sexual orientation that is important.
    As to fidelity and character- that is between 2 people in a relationship- their issues to address, theirs to decide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  8. #88
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:16 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,948

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    It's not so much an obsession with other people's sex lives as peoples obsession to tell the world what they like to do with their genitalia.
    What's amusing is that such people think silly rules actually stop people from doing that.

  9. #89
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Thread rules state I must use what the headline is.
    I an ask or post questions- I did, the world did not end.
    Poster asked or implied as to fidelity- That is none of our business- Hetero- Gay- Bi sexual -
    It is the person and their character - not their sexual orientation that is important.
    As to fidelity and character- that is between 2 people in a relationship- their issues to address, theirs to decide.
    It was more of a indirect to the publishers of the article who ask "Does it matter that Oregon's new Governor is Bisexual?" The question, it implies that his bisexuality can somehow matter to him being governor.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  10. #90
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,459

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    And the world did not end.
    Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual? - Bloomberg Politics
    On Friday afternoon, Gov. John Kitzhaber of Oregon resigned, and the Oregon secretary of state Kate Brown, also a Democrat, became the state governor. In an instant, Oregon had the first openly bisexual governor in American history.

    For many of Gov. Brown’s constituents, this may mean little, because she is married to a man, and has been for many years. The adjective becomes easy to explain away, then; bisexuality is often dismissed as something made up, a risqué adolescent antic, something college girls do to impress boys. Last January, Lisa Diamond, a scholar of sexual orientation, told the reporter Michael Schulman that many people feel bisexuality “is a transitional stage or a form of being in the closet,” but that in fact it’s more common than strictly same-sex attraction.
    Is she hot?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •