Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 96

Thread: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

  1. #71
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,854

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    That is another fascinating thing about female bi-sexuality. Why is it that most of them, and I mean somewhere near 93% of them, later in life eventually end up with a male, is a curious paradigm, one I couldn't even begin to understand, but still worth pointing out, even if the problem present no conclusive statement. I wonder, in male bi-sexuality, if the same paradigm is true, or even maybe reversed. It begs more questions than answers, regardless of the answer. Human sexuality is defiantly intriguing, even if completely contentious.



    Tim-
    Very possibly because women are looking for more than sex in relationships and other females provide that. In younger years, men are much more focused just on sex....leaving a lack in relationships that many women are seeking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #72
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Are you kidding? Men get jealous all the time....and they have a much greater propensity for killing the woman and other man because of it.
    Yes, tis true, and I agree that certainly seems to be the case, but, in my experience I feel as though my jealousy waned many years ago - or - I learned to deal with it better - or - made better choices in women - or - I am so confident in myself, and my own sexuality that, regardless of age, I feel as though there really are many fish in the sea. Nothing to be cynical about, I tend to maybe exhibit all 3 at times, but I can honestly say that I rarely get jealous, and those moments I do, my brain rather than stir up anger, resides to reliving my anxiety with one or two of the three options above.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  3. #73
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    We didn't elect this one to the seat, she got there because the guy elected screwed the pooch in his own love life. Bisexuality doesn't exactly scream stability, so yes, I think it matters. However, there are a whole host of reasons I wouldn't vote for her that have nothing to do with her being bisexual.

    As long as she doesn't try to pass through a sales tax here or do TaxAndGougeMe's GPS tracked tax by mile driven she can keep the chair warm until the next election.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Very possibly because women are looking for more than sex in relationships and other females provide that. In younger years, men are much more focused just on sex....leaving a lack in relationships that many women are seeking.

    true, but I believe that to be more about a vestige of our evolutionary make up than anything tangibly explainable. To say otherwise would be to lament that we were meant to be monogamous, which I think any respectable anthropologist would scoff at, including me, but again alas, more questions. I understand the evolutionary advantages of non-monogamy, but how has a sort of forcing this down our throats for 5000 years had any, or if any affect on our social evolution. Like I said, all fascinating topics, indeed, thanks for taking the time to indulge me, ladies!


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  5. #75
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    That is another fascinating thing about female bi-sexuality. Why is it that most of them, and I mean somewhere near 93% of them, later in life eventually end up with a male, is a curious paradigm, one I couldn't even begin to understand, but still worth pointing out, even if the problem present no conclusive statement. I wonder, in male bi-sexuality, if the same paradigm is true, or even maybe reversed. It begs more questions than answers, regardless of the answer. Human sexuality is defiantly intriguing, even if completely contentious.



    Tim-
    Don't discount social pressure for that.

    But I don't know if your figures are correct or not; I'm taking them on face value

  6. #76
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    Don't discount social pressure for that.

    But I don't know if your figures are correct or not; I'm taking them on face value
    The numbers vary depending on where you look, but no one has done any serious study in this area, so I can't honestly stand by the numbers, they do seem rather one sided?

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    To me?

    Couldn't give a sh!t.

  8. #78
    User JulesG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Last Seen
    06-06-15 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    11

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    The fact that this kind of questions can still be serious makes me sad. When it comes to visions on gay rights, suddenly, the USA isn't the progressive state of freedom and democracy anymore.

  9. #79
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    Quote Originally Posted by JulesG View Post
    The fact that this kind of questions can still be serious makes me sad. When it comes to visions on gay rights, suddenly, the USA isn't the progressive state of freedom and democracy anymore.
    Good observation. Love your town by the way.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #80
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,647

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    Quote Originally Posted by JulesG View Post
    The fact that this kind of questions can still be serious makes me sad. When it comes to visions on gay rights, suddenly, the USA isn't the progressive state of freedom and democracy anymore.
    maybe if people had a live and let live belief it would be more accepted or a non-issue. however it isn't a live or let live attitude.
    it is a believe like I do or I will use the government to punish you agenda.

    so of course there is going to be push back.
    what do you expect.

    if you want people to respect your beliefs then it is up to you to respect theirs as well.

    PS: headed to Brussels more than likely in july any tips?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •