Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 96

Thread: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

  1. #61
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Purely anecdotal but I've never heard any man....in person or media or TV/movies say they are turned off by bi- women. Any conversation around that almost always leads to them only seeing it as opening the door to the possibility of that Holy Grail of threesomes. And men often say they like to watch lesbian sex.
    Men do like watching two women go at it, but not for the reasons you women think. For men, it purely math, two girls no guy means insert fantasy here.

    As for their own women, trust me, most committed men will have nothing of the sort. It's the same as cheating, and cheating is cheating, and matters little to whom they cheat with.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  2. #62
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:00 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,396

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    And the world did not end.
    Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual? - Bloomberg Politics
    On Friday afternoon, Gov. John Kitzhaber of Oregon resigned, and the Oregon secretary of state Kate Brown, also a Democrat, became the state governor. In an instant, Oregon had the first openly bisexual governor in American history.

    For many of Gov. Brown’s constituents, this may mean little, because she is married to a man, and has been for many years. The adjective becomes easy to explain away, then; bisexuality is often dismissed as something made up, a risqué adolescent antic, something college girls do to impress boys. Last January, Lisa Diamond, a scholar of sexual orientation, told the reporter Michael Schulman that many people feel bisexuality “is a transitional stage or a form of being in the closet,” but that in fact it’s more common than strictly same-sex attraction.
    Baseball season will start soon. I'm excited. Does that answer the question?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #63
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:00 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,396

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Men do like watching two women go at it, but not for the reasons you women think. For men, it purely math, two girls no guy means insert fantasy here.

    As for their own women, trust me, most committed men will have nothing of the sort. It's the same as cheating, and cheating is cheating, and matters little to whom they cheat with.


    Tim-
    ...unless they're cheating WITH him, if you know what I mean.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    ...unless they're cheating WITH him, if you know what I mean.
    Yeah, but ironically, when a man agrees to a threesome with your committed girlfriend, and someone the their girlfriend picks, it's almost always the girlfriend that sets the rules, and trust me, there's always rules, break them at your own peril. In my younger years, threesomes were a plenty (thank you, thank you very much. ) and it was always the girls who thought it was a great idea at the time, but soon came to realize that, maybe not so much. Unlike men, women are or have the capacity for jealousy ten-fold to what men do. As men get older we become less jealous, the reverse is true for women, and you can take that to the bank!


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  5. #65
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Men do like watching two women go at it, but not for the reasons you women think. For men, it purely math, two girls no guy means insert fantasy here.

    As for their own women, trust me, most committed men will have nothing of the sort. It's the same as cheating, and cheating is cheating, and matters little to whom they cheat with.


    Tim-
    I realize that, it's just double the turn on but then obviously be a lesbian isnt a turn off.

    I wasnt talking about doing any kind of sexual activity outside of a committed relationship regarding men with their female partners. I'm asked why it matters if it was in their past? That's not cheating. And I asked why they need to decide anything if they arent in a committed relationship, regarding which sex they sleep with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #66
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Sort of academically posting this but if they're not in a committed relationship with anyone, why do they need to decide or even be concerned about who they are having sex with? Are they supposed to have the 'goal' of picking one or the other at some point? I imagine that depends on what someone wants out of life...maybe marry, maybe not, maybe have kids, maybe not, etc.
    I was wondering myself why he wants to lock everyone down by the age of 30. Why can't people be fluid all their lives? And certainly, I know women who married men, raised a family, the man died or divorced them and the woman ended up with another woman - well past the age of 30.

    Why does Hicup want to put rules on sexuality?

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NE WI.
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,029

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    I dunno, it matters little as far as governing goes, besides it's Oregon for crying out loud. What I find interesting is that bi-sexuality does indeed disproportionately affect women way more than men, which is odd in the grand scheme of the sexual orientation, born or choice debate, but that aside, anyone that is bi-sexual past age 30, I find concerning, not because of their perceived sexuality, but the fact that they haven't seemed to examined themselves deeply enough. Again, I take my position based on the opinion that sexuality outside of heterosexuality is fluid in certain people for any number of reasons, but I am steadfast in the idea that as we are born, we are predisposed to a heterosexual orientation. Perhaps, past 30 someone is unable to make that choice, maybe the choice needs to come earlier before the prefrontal cortex has hard wired itself, who knows, but, most 30+ men have little patience for a female on-the-fence with it. Tim-
    `
    You bring up a valid point -- predisposition. Homosexuality, bisexuality and heterosexuality are all matters that pertain to something we are inherently born with. One does not choose to be homo/bisexual, they accept the fact that they are. The latest guesstimates say between 5 to 7% of the population is homo or bisexual. That number has been stagnant throughout history.

    As for the gender distribution of bisexuals, more females come out as bisexual then men because it's more socially acceptable and doesn't carry the societal stigma it does for males. The stigma is so strong that many bisexual males keep it hidden and/or refuse to acknowledge it even in private, to a researcher for example. Because of this, there are no numbers associated to the percentage of male to female bisexuals. When I was in high school, many girls came out as bisexual because it attracted guys. To put this into some kind of unorthodox perspective, one third of all pornography is female to female, so I've read. Some men do find female bisexuality to be arousing I guess.

    There is also a misconception that bisexuality is a temporary thing. If one judges that by teenage female behavior, I can see why there is confusion. Then there are adults like David Bowie who claimed to be bisexual but later recanted stating he was going through a "phase." There is also Anna Paquin who touted her bisexual but later stated she "outgrew" it. Perhaps, perhaps not. Some go public with it but most don't. However, surprisingly enough, many bisexual females are married to men and are open to their spouses about it.

    I do not make unsolicited announcements that I'm bisexual any more than a heterosexual will shout out that they are straight. To me at least, a persons sexual preference has absolutely no bearing as to their talents, capabilities, intelligence and demeanor. So what if a politician is homo or bisexual. They should be judged by their ability to do that job, not who they date or have sex with.
    `

  8. #68
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Yeah, but ironically, when a man agrees to a threesome with your committed girlfriend, and someone the their girlfriend picks, it's almost always the girlfriend that sets the rules, and trust me, there's always rules, break them at your own peril. In my younger years, threesomes were a plenty (thank you, thank you very much. ) and it was always the girls who thought it was a great idea at the time, but soon came to realize that, maybe not so much. Unlike men, women are or have the capacity for jealousy ten-fold to what men do. As men get older we become less jealous, the reverse is true for women, and you can take that to the bank!


    Tim-
    Are you kidding? Men get jealous all the time....and they have a much greater propensity for killing the woman and other man because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #69
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,767

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    I imagine that it matters to bigots and hate filled jerks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #70
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Does It Matter That Oregon's New Governor Is Bisexual?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paxaeon View Post
    `
    You bring up a valid point -- predisposition. Homosexuality, bisexuality and heterosexuality are all matters that pertain to something we are inherently born with. One does not choose to be homo/bisexual, they accept the fact that they are. The latest guesstimates say between 5 to 7% of the population is homo or bisexual. That number has been stagnant throughout history.

    As for the gender distribution of bisexuals, more females come out as bisexual then men because it's more socially acceptable and doesn't carry the societal stigma it does for males. The stigma is so strong that many bisexual males keep it hidden and/or refuse to acknowledge it even in private, to a researcher for example. Because of this, there are no numbers associated to the percentage of male to female bisexuals. When I was in high school, many girls came out as bisexual because it attracted guys. To put this into some kind of unorthodox perspective, one third of all pornography is female to female, so I've read. Some men do find female bisexuality to be arousing I guess.

    There is also a misconception that bisexuality is a temporary thing. If one judges that by teenage female behavior, I can see why there is confusion. Then there are adults like David Bowie who claimed to be bisexual but later recanted stating he was going through a "phase." There is also Anna Paquin who touted her bisexual but later stated she "outgrew" it. Perhaps, perhaps not. Some go public with it but most don't. However, surprisingly enough, many bisexual females are married to men and are open to their spouses about it.

    I do not make unsolicited announcements that I'm bisexual any more than a heterosexual will shout out that they are straight. To me at least, a persons sexual preference has absolutely no bearing as to their talents, capabilities, intelligence and demeanor. So what if a politician is homo or bisexual. They should be judged by their ability to do that job, not who they date or have sex with.
    `

    That is another fascinating thing about female bi-sexuality. Why is it that most of them, and I mean somewhere near 93% of them, later in life eventually end up with a male, is a curious paradigm, one I couldn't even begin to understand, but still worth pointing out, even if the problem present no conclusive statement. I wonder, in male bi-sexuality, if the same paradigm is true, or even maybe reversed. It begs more questions than answers, regardless of the answer. Human sexuality is defiantly intriguing, even if completely contentious.



    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •