Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 615

Thread: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

  1. #501
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    The American public is aware of it. These were internal Bush administration documents.
    And this might have been a workable encouragement in 2008 but that seven years later that policy has long gone stale.

  2. #502
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,535

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Christians, despite the propaganda, are not at war with Islam. Nor are Jews. Islamic factions are at war with the Christians, and Jews, and those Muslims who want to stand in their way. Is that about right?
    That's exactly right.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  3. #503
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You can get of SOFA's here. Status of forces agreement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Keep in mind that negotiating a SOFA with a country like Iraq, with all the varying factions to please, is extremely complicated. What is said for public consumption may be quite different from what goes on behind the scenes. The first SOFA negotiated by the Bush Administration took a great deal of time and everyone knew that it would have to be renegotiated later. That was a given, and true of all SOFAs.

    Barrack Obama as a candidate ran on pulling the troops from Iraq, period. There was no talk of extending SOFA or renegotiating the SOFA with Iraq. The military assumed this was just campaign promises, that about 40,000 troops would be remaining to protect what had been won. Only later did Obama use the SOFA as an excuse, that he was following the agreement signed by Bush, and so on. Another promise was to close Gitmo, and he is doing his best to do that, again against military advice.

    If you know why Obama's withdrawing the troops from Iraq as per his promise, when it was 'stable and self reliant', was a good idea then perhaps you can explain it. But the usual excuse of blaming it on Bush just doesn't cut it.
    Actually I was against the pull out. There was increased activity all over Iraq and a fledgling defense system. Our military advisers were against the withdrawal. So, I can't explain what I don't believe. You may have missed the sarcasm in my original post.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  4. #504
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    Actually I was against the pull out. There was increased activity all over Iraq and a fledgling defense system. Our military advisers were against the withdrawal. So, I can't explain what I don't believe. You may have missed the sarcasm in my original post.
    My apologies because that's just what happened.

  5. #505
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    My apologies because that's just what happened.
    No worries. Easy to do. I have done it once or twice myself.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  6. #506
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,361

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Irrelevant.

    You people seem to exist under the delusion that Bush " lied ".

    He didn't and you dont have the courage or integrity to admit that you were manipulated and led astray by manufactured false narratives.

    Its no skin off my nose if you want to continue to exist in a alternate reality. Being easily influenced is a prerequisite to being a left winger
    Just because you believe the Bush's excuse of ignorance of all the evidence that said there were no WMD's and his claim that he only believed the lies told by "curveball" and others does not mean he didn't lie. Ignorance is a poor excuse and far too easy to fake especially for a thick head like Bush. Who could doubt that this is the face of a clueless idiot? It was the perfect cover for a foreign policy agenda riddled with lies and false claims.

  7. #507
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Just because you believe the Bush's excuse of ignorance of all the evidence that said there were no WMD's and his claim that he only believed the lies told by "curveball" and others does not mean he didn't lie. Ignorance is a poor excuse and far too easy to fake especially for a thick head like Bush. Who could doubt that this is the face of a clueless idiot? It was the perfect cover for a foreign policy agenda riddled with lies.
    Why not point out the 'lie' if you are so confident this occurred? Be specific, in your own words, when this lie occured. Can you do that?

  8. #508
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    The "Anbar Awakening" accompanied by a US military surge in 2006-2007 decisively improved the situation, and in 2009 GWB handed over to BHO a victory in Iraq. BHO then threw it away.
    There was no victory in Iraq...what history book are you re-writing? We ****ed the country up worse than it was before...for no reason...and then had to leave because we could only make it worse, not better. We had no 'solution' to fix Iraq. And it was ****ed up beyond fixing before Obama took over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #509
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,796
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Just because you believe the Bush's excuse of ignorance of all the evidence that said there were no WMD's and his claim that he only believed the lies told by "curveball" and others does not mean he didn't lie. Ignorance is a poor excuse and far too easy to fake especially for a thick head like Bush. Who could doubt that this is the face of a clueless idiot? It was the perfect cover for a foreign policy agenda riddled with lies and false claims.
    1. The decision to invade Iraq preceded the intelligence, it did not follow it.
    2. Nonetheless the GWB administration believed the (mistaken) intelligence, as did most other governments.
    3. The Iraqis considered it more important to make the Iranians believe they might have had WMD than to make us believe they didn't. We missed that, and that was the source of confusion.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #510
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    There was no victory in Iraq...what history book are you re-writing? We ****ed the country up worse than it was before...for no reason...and then had to leave because we could only make it worse, not better. We had no 'solution' to fix Iraq. And it was ****ed up beyond fixing before Obama took over.
    Are you calling Barack Obama a liar? Obama Flashback: 'We're Leaving Behind a Sovereign, Stable and Self-Reliant Iraq' - Breitbart

Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •