Page 22 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 615

Thread: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

  1. #211
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    In a word non-interventionism.

    As Thomas Jefferson said, "peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none. Or said another way, building positive relationships, with emphasis on free trade, and avoiding negative relationships with emphasis on military non-intervention.

    Discontinue the counterproductive predator drone program and non judicial killings.

    Cancel Netanyahu's planned visit to promote a US involvement in an unnecessary war with Iran.

    Advance a more non-provocative Iran policy and encourage/facilitate the elimination of nuclear weapons in Pakistan and Israel that threaten Iran

    Stop support of terrorist groups as has been done in Egypt, Libya and Syria.

    Stop supporting the Israeli persecution of Palestinians

    Essentially, the best form of terrorism insurance is to remove all troops from the Middle East and stop attempts to preserve or remove current governments, and end all government to government aid.

    If you'd like some other examples of sound US policies advocated for the Middle East, you might visit the various NIE's on the subject, or essays written at any number of foreign relations foundations that advocate non-interventionist US policies for American foreign policy.
    well, I too see nonintervention as an ideal.... unfortunately, that hasn't been the policy of the US.... ever... not 1 single day have we ever lived under such a policy.
    there's a reason for that.

    the world doesn't often avail itself to ideals... sadly enough.

  2. #212
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    well, I too see nonintervention as an ideal.... unfortunately, that hasn't been the policy of the US.... ever... not 1 single day have we ever lived under such a policy.
    there's a reason for that.

    the world doesn't often avail itself to ideals... sadly enough.
    Ideals??? I don't recall mentioning them. And you're a libertarian, lol.
    Last edited by Montecresto; 02-15-15 at 07:22 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    One thing for sure is Isis needs to be stopped. I just read today they have captured Coptic Christians in Egypt for their next victims. Of course Egypt recently has come out against terrorist activity so it is no surprise that the next captives would be from Egypt. Go against the terrorists, your citizens will be on the nightly news of the next decapitated, crucified, or burned alive victim. These yahoos need to have the sand they are standing on pounded to glass. There is a faction of Islam gone mad and every Arab country, Western country, Israel, who calls them out will be targets until they are stopped. There is a another factor being played here and that is Iran seems to be the one who is gaining power through terrorists it funds.

    They Beheaded 21 of them today V.....Sisi of Egypt will kill as many of them as he can, but then ISIS flapped their gums outloud again about conquering Rome. They have a habit of calling all Crusaders now. Wonder when they will start crying about the Godless and then the Djinnn that's going to be coming for their ass.

    We really do need some out there messing with their heads and in the worse way.




    A video purporting to show the mass beheading of Coptic Christian hostages has been released by militants in Libya claiming loyalty to the Islamic State group. The killings raise the possibility that the Islamic militant group — which controls about a third of Syria and Iraq in a self-declared caliphate — has established a direct affiliate less than 500 miles from the southern tip of Italy. One of the militants in the video, speaking English, makes direct reference to that possibility, saying the group now plans to "conquer Rome."

    The Associated Press could not immediately independently verify the video. But the Egyptian government and the Coptic Church, which is based in Egypt, both declared it authentic.....snip~

    Video purports to show IS militants beheading hostages

    Oh, note the Associated Press came up with the thought of a raised possibility of ISIS having a direct affiliate in Libya? Just a mere possibility after 3 months of declaring themselves and Emirate and pledging an entire City to ISIS.

    Just where has the ASSofCitation Been recently? Alternate Universe or something, huh?
    Last edited by MMC; 02-15-15 at 07:23 PM.

  4. #214
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Ideals??? I don't recall mentioning them.
    non-intervention is an ideal.... it's not, nor has it ever been, a policy.

  5. #215
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You want the fighting to last fotever, then have the nerve to call someone a warmonger. I guess you can't whine about Bush if the fighting ends. How many people are dying for your partisan hackery?
    ****ing hilarious. Now I remember why I had you on ignore.

  6. #216
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,890
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Ideals??? I don't recall mentioning them.
    No. You did not. Thomas Hobbes long ago provided a vision of the world without the benign intervention of those who can order affairs to the common benefit.

    "In such condition there is no place for industry, because the fruit thereof is uncertain, and consequently, not culture of the earth, no navigation, nor the use of commodities that may be imported by sea, no commodious building, no instruments of moving and removing such things as require much force, no knowledge of the face of the earth, no account of time, no arts, no letters, no society, and which is worst of all, continual fear and danger of violent death, and the life of man, solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short."
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #217
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    non-intervention is an ideal.... it's not, nor has it ever been, a policy.
    Yes it has been a policy, just as intervention has been a policy. I think you need to reconsider your "lean", you're no libertarian!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #218
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,475

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    They Beheaded 21 of them today V.....Sisi of Egypt will kill as many of them as he can, but then ISIS flapped their gums outloud again about conquering Rome. They have a habit of calling all Crusaders now. Wonder when they will start crying about the Godless and then the Djinnn that's going to be coming for their ass.

    We really do need some out there messing with their heads and in the worse way.




    A video purporting to show the mass beheading of Coptic Christian hostages has been released by militants in Libya claiming loyalty to the Islamic State group. The killings raise the possibility that the Islamic militant group — which controls about a third of Syria and Iraq in a self-declared caliphate — has established a direct affiliate less than 500 miles from the southern tip of Italy. One of the militants in the video, speaking English, makes direct reference to that possibility, saying the group now plans to "conquer Rome."

    The Associated Press could not immediately independently verify the video. But the Egyptian government and the Coptic Church, which is based in Egypt, both declared it authentic.....snip~

    Video purports to show IS militants beheading hostages

    Oh, note the Associated Press came up with the thought of a raised possibility of ISIS having a direct affiliate in Libya? Just a mere possibility after 3 months of declaring themselves and Emirate and pledging an entire City to ISIS.

    Just where has the ASSofCitation Been recently? Alternate Universe or something, huh?


    Come on, be fair. The AP was there for the Benghazi hearings that 'cleared all that up'.

    MMC, could this be people who maybe had some connection to the spontaneous demonstrators that killed four Americans? The people Hillary "liberated"?
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  9. #219
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,475

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Im sorry you need a bedpan.
    Is the Obama economy so bad people are without running water?
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  10. #220
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,889

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    They Beheaded 21 of them today V.....Sisi of Egypt will kill as many of them as he can, but then ISIS flapped their gums outloud again about conquering Rome. They have a habit of calling all Crusaders now. Wonder when they will start crying about the Godless and then the Djinnn that's going to be coming for their ass.

    We really do need some out there messing with their heads and in the worse way.




    A video purporting to show the mass beheading of Coptic Christian hostages has been released by militants in Libya claiming loyalty to the Islamic State group. The killings raise the possibility that the Islamic militant group — which controls about a third of Syria and Iraq in a self-declared caliphate — has established a direct affiliate less than 500 miles from the southern tip of Italy. One of the militants in the video, speaking English, makes direct reference to that possibility, saying the group now plans to "conquer Rome."

    The Associated Press could not immediately independently verify the video. But the Egyptian government and the Coptic Church, which is based in Egypt, both declared it authentic.....snip~

    Video purports to show IS militants beheading hostages
    Oh dear Lord, how horrible. All because they were Arab Christians. The Coptic Church of Alexandria is the official name of the church in Egypt. It was founded by St Mark in 42 AD. The Muslim disdain for Christians in Egypt started in 620 AD when Mohammed waged war on Alexandria. 1,393 years later and the hatred still rages on.

Page 22 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •