Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 615

Thread: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

  1. #131
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,295
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The man has morals whereas the lefts morals remain obscure. And unless you support terrorism you should fight against it but, as usual, leftists remain part of the problem rather than offering a solution.
    The man has morals because he's willing to put other peoples lives on the line to make a point about how "Tough on terrorism" he is?

    Let me tell you this, if you've just been through two major wars that have lasted over a decade and cost you an arm and a leg and you have a chance to solve a problem using relatively cheaper air strikes and supporting local allies why wouldn't you take it?

    Why are you guys in such a rush to throw troops into the mix.

    The reason I care so much is Harper is gonna get us involved and Canada will lose more sons and daughters to appease American far right extremists who think war is the answer to everything and I think that's a bunch of bull****.

  2. #132
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,689

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    When Iraqi tribal leaders came to D.C. looking for help against ISIL, the White House refused. Then the former president made a call.

    By MARK PERRY
    February 12, 2015


    Well, of course Bush had to step in, Obama was too busy taking selfies at BuzzFeed.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  3. #133
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    No, go back to my post about the last seven years. Let's discuss today instead of your deliberately distorted version of history. Let's for once in your life answer a ****ing question without resorting to childish insults.

    What about the fact Obama has more wars now than Bush did at his peak. However, we have seen enough to know that you won't pony up to the bar
    What insults?

    Obama does have more wars than Bush, and taken a troubled Middle East and made it WORSE! When have I denied that.

    And why won't you return to the thread you chicken ****ted out of the other day and look at the list I posted that you asked for, hmm big guy?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #134
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,295
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Not just the atrocities-but rather that ideology. You are looking at the symptoms rather than the disease.
    North Korea has a pretty evil ideology... you know there are 200, 000 North Korean languishing in Prison Camps as we speak, women and children are subjected to sexual abuse of the very worst kind and people are starved, beaten and tortured often having no idea why they are even there.

    That's pretty evil too...

    But for whatever reason you want to focus on this one evil and throw troops into a meat grinder for what exactly?

  5. #135
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    What "sound policies" would solve the ISIS problem? This will be good.
    Presidents, plural, have contributed to the destabilisation of the Middle East. I'd like to see Americans kick both dinosaurs to the curb and put an independent party president in the WH that won't do what our own NIE's have proven cause Islamic extremism in the first place.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Good. Since we currently don't have an active president, I'm glad that President Bush is stepping up and taking some of the presidential duties on his own shoulders, even though he doesn't have to.

  7. #137
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,429

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    What insults?

    Obama does have more wars than Bush, and taken a troubled Middle East and made it WORSE! When have I denied that.

    And why won't you return to the thread you chicken ****ted out of the other day and look at the list I posted that you asked for, hmm big guy?
    never mind.

    Insult away and bash Bush.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  8. #138
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    North Korea has a pretty evil ideology... you know there are 200, 000 North Korean languishing in Prison Camps as we speak, women and children are subjected to sexual abuse of the very worst kind and people are starved, beaten and tortured often having no idea why they are even there.

    That's pretty evil too...

    But for whatever reason you want to focus on this one evil and throw troops into a meat grinder for what exactly?
    and what is your solution to north Korea?...

  9. #139
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    never mind.

    Insult away and bash Bush.
    Yes, I knew you wouldn't be able to address the list that I posted that you asked me for, because it destroyed your strawman argument. It's the second time in two weeks. I wonder how long before we see that again.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: George W. Bush Is Intervening in Iraq—Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    The man has morals because he's willing to put other peoples lives on the line to make a point about how "Tough on terrorism" he is?
    You don't seem to understand the role of the military and what they are trained to do. It would be the ISL terrorists whose lives would be on the line.
    Let me tell you this, if you've just been through two major wars that have lasted over a decade and cost you an arm and a leg and you have a chance to solve a problem using relatively cheaper air strikes and supporting local allies why wouldn't you take it?
    Because it is ineffective and thus will cost more lives over the long term. Responding in a halfassed way will never win a war, as history clearly indicates.

    Why are you guys in such a rush to throw troops into the mix.
    The Military itself advised that 30-40,000 troops remain in Iraq. Had that happened, and Obama not ordered a retreat, this wouldn't be happening now.
    The reason I care so much is Harper is gonna get us involved and Canada will lose more sons and daughters to appease American far right extremists who think war is the answer to everything and I think that's a bunch of bull****.
    It's an international problem and the international community needs to be involved. You think Canadians haven't suffered from terrorism and won't again the future? You want to cower in a corner and be for 'peace', and suspicious of 'the right wing'? Which wing do you suppose the terrorists are on?

Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •