Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 289

Thread: Ceasefire agreed for eastern Ukraine after Minsk summit

  1. #81
    Sage
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,148

    Re: Ceasefire agreed for eastern Ukraine after Minsk summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Sietske22 View Post
    Russian rebels reject cease-fire

    Ukraine rebels disavow ceasefire at encircled town

    what a bunch of lying scumbags.
    The Russian-backed terrorists already violated the damn thing and it hasn't even been in effect 24 hours? Bloodthirsty bastards.

  2. #82
    Educator Sietske22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    01-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    772

    Re: Ceasefire agreed for eastern Ukraine after Minsk summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadvirus View Post
    The Russian-backed terrorists already violated the damn thing and it hasn't even been in effect 24 hours? Bloodthirsty bastards.
    Let's be honest: these folks don't want peace, they want eastern Ukraine.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    05-05-15 @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    632

    Re: Ceasefire agreed for eastern Ukraine after Minsk summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    This isn't rt.
    Then this is in no way even a try at arguing against my point, but for the record he is correct he didn't use RT to provide a single article from Russia criticizing Putin, and he didn't even try, instead he C/P nonsense from reddit, and two sites no one has ever even heard of, but let's entertain this line and see what else "storyleak" and "readsupportednews" has to say about current events shall we?

    9/11: Russia Presents Evidence Against US, UK And Israel Co-Conspirators?

    Uh oh someone better call the UN because the Kremlin has evidence.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Ceasefire agreed for eastern Ukraine after Minsk summit

    Quote Originally Posted by face, your View Post
    Then this is in no way even a try at arguing against my point, but for the record he is correct he didn't use RT to provide a single article from Russia criticizing Putin, and he didn't even try, instead he C/P nonsense from reddit, and two sites no one has ever even heard of, but let's entertain this line and see what else "storyleak" and "readsupportednews" has to say about current events shall we?

    9/11: Russia Presents Evidence Against US, UK And Israel Co-Conspirators?

    Uh oh someone better call the UN because the Kremlin has evidence.
    Check out your post, look for literacy, lol.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #85
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Ceasefire agreed for eastern Ukraine after Minsk summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Sietske22 View Post
    And this is why the Ruble has collapsed, they can't sell even ten percent of their bond offerings, they have a credit rating of "Junk", their politicians are advising them to eat less and use vegetable residue for makeup, and their economy is in deep recession.
    Well then, just keep ****ing with Russia.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #86
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Ceasefire agreed for eastern Ukraine after Minsk summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadvirus View Post
    The Russian-backed terrorists already violated the damn thing and it hasn't even been in effect 24 hours? Bloodthirsty bastards.
    I've been saying time and time again that Putins gameplan is ongoing war. Any peaceful and politically stable Ukraine would have the freedom to go its own way and make its own decisions about its future alliances be those miltary or economic and that cannot be allowed. These people had lived in peace together for 23 years until Putin decided they were getting a bit too keen on EU membership and therefore shouldn't any more
    Last edited by flogger; 02-16-15 at 05:13 AM.

  7. #87
    Invictus


    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,123

    Re: Ceasefire agreed for eastern Ukraine after Minsk summit

    Not only are the rebels still shelling Debaltseve, but they are denying access to Debaltseve by journalists and the OSCE.

    The OSCE was authorized by all parties of Minsk II to monitor the ceasefire, the weapon pullbacks, and the Ukraine/Russia border.

    Ukraine rebels disavow ceasefire at encircled town

    Reuters
    Monday, February 16, 2015

    Ukraine's rebels disavowed a new truce on Sunday hours after it took effect, saying it did not apply to the town where most fighting has taken place in recent weeks. In a four-way telephone conversation with the leaders of Germany, France and Russia's Vladimir Putin, Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said the position of the four at peace talks last week in Belarus had been for a ceasefire on all the front lines including at Debaltseve. Poroshenko stressed that a withdrawal of military equipment and heavy weapons required a "full and unconditional" ceasefire under the Minsk agreement, his press service said.

    The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, responsible for monitoring the ceasefire, said rebels had denied its observers access to Debaltseve.
    In addition, the rebels have shelled the village of Shyrokyne just east of the Ukrainian coastal city of Mariupol killing 5 and injuring 22.


    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. -- Marine Corps General James 'Chaos' Mattis | Repeal and Replace Trump.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    05-05-15 @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    632

    Re: Ceasefire agreed for eastern Ukraine after Minsk summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Check out your post, look for literacy, lol.
    I asked you to provide a single article from RT or any Russian based newspaper/media outlet critical of Putin, you didn't even attempt it, this is a joke at this point, you have no argument all you do is attempt to change the subject but while I was lambasting your lack of a coherent rebuttal to a simple point I also pointed out that your source is laughable.

  9. #89
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Ceasefire agreed for eastern Ukraine after Minsk summit

    Quote Originally Posted by face, your View Post
    I asked you to provide a single article from RT or any Russian based newspaper/media outlet critical of Putin, you didn't even attempt it, this is a joke at this point, you have no argument all you do is attempt to change the subject but while I was lambasting your lack of a coherent rebuttal to a simple point I also pointed out that your source is laughable.
    That would be like asking for a FoxNews article critical of Bush. Have you seen the Moscow Times.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Ceasefire agreed for eastern Ukraine after Minsk summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    You make excellent points really, and nothing that in principle I disagree with. The problem boils down to the fact that when the US gets involved, you can have reasonable assurances that when the dust is settled, they'll leave the country to their own devices and don't try and bully them into falling into line. In fact, that's probably one of our greatest weaknesses that was demonstrated in Iraq for example. As much as people, probably like yourself, would love to argue that we did it "just for the oil" the moment we were able we hauled ass out of there. And incidentally, the majority of Iraqi oil goes to places like China than it does the US. With Russia however, they have a long track record of trying to impose their will on their neighbors that dates back to the Soviet Union. And as much as I'd love to say those times are long past, we know that's not the case from the way they went into Georgia, Annexed the Crimea and Sevastopol, and then continue to support and arm the rebels in Ukraine.

    The US is going to make mistakes from time to time, but I'd argue to the end of the time that at least when we go in, we're doing it for not just our interests, but of everyone involved, including the enemy. I can't say the same for the Ex-KGB running the Kremlin, and I do believe history backs me up.
    If you believe that we do things for the interests of all involved, including the enemy then there is nothing that I can say.

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •