Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 289

Thread: Ceasefire agreed for eastern Ukraine after Minsk summit

  1. #221
    Invictus


    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,083

    Re: Ceasefire agreed for eastern Ukraine after Minsk summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Nice try, but..
    I quoted you directly...

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    The US is backing a regime in Kiev that Russia does not recognise as legitimate.
    As I demonstrated with links, your above statement is factually incorrect. Nice try to backpedal though.


    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. -- Marine Corps General James 'Chaos' Mattis

  2. #222
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Ceasefire agreed for eastern Ukraine after Minsk summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Besides the Nuland's behind the scenes negotiations and support for Yanukovych's replacement, yes, a lot of applause and flag waving for activities that no Westerner would consider democratic, or an acceptable means of replacing a president in their country. Tell me hypocrite. Would you be applauding, and waving the flag if the same situation were to unfold in London, and Cameron was driven from his office on Downing Street? No, of course you would not!!!!
    So again no actual evidence that the protesters were materially assisted in any tangible way by the US whatsoever so you must have imagined it all then

    Another Research & Branding Group survey (conducted from 23 to 27 December) showed that 45% of Ukrainians supported Euromaidan, while 50% did not.[128] 43% Of those polled thought that Euromaidan's consequences "sooner could be negative", while 31% of the respondents thought the opposite; 17% believed that Euromaidan would bring no negative consequences.
    And the two internationally monitored elections last year ? Or did this Nuland just pay all them to vote against your wishes

  3. #223
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Ceasefire agreed for eastern Ukraine after Minsk summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleχity View Post
    I quoted you directly...



    As I demonstrated with links, your above statement is factually incorrect. Nice try to backpedal though.
    Yes, you copy/pasted my post and then mischaracterised it. That's hardly a direct quote. And it's not back peddling for me to point out that your sig line slanderous accusation of Russia was a response to a Western backed government that Russia didn't recognise as legitimate, as well as a reasonable threat to Russian assets in Crimea. And here's the thing, it's not going well for the West right now in that.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #224
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Ceasefire agreed for eastern Ukraine after Minsk summit

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    So again no actual evidence that the protesters were materially assisted in any tangible way by the US whatsoever so you must have imagined it all then



    And the two internationally monitored elections last year ? Or did this Nuland just pay all them to vote against your wishes
    Move the goal post, "materially"! So, sorry you are having issues with Russian successes on this. You may go back to posts during the time that Nuland and Co. were interfering in Kiev, and you'll see that those of us that were supporting the Russian response at the time, were doing so because of the illegitimacy of the Western backed government. It was only natural that Putin do what he did and I'm sorry that that rubs you a rash.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #225
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Ceasefire agreed for eastern Ukraine after Minsk summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Move the goal post, "materially"!
    OK then how did the US back the protesters in ANY way whatsoever ? How did it get them to face down Yanukovyches guns unarmed and how often do I need to keep asking this question ?

    So, sorry you are having issues with Russian successes on this.
    As should any free thinking individual on earth !

    You may go back to posts during the time that Nuland and Co. were interfering in Kiev, and you'll see that those of us that were supporting the Russian response at the time, were doing so because of the illegitimacy of the Western backed government.
    Nuland and co had nothing to do with the Maidan protesters and nothing to do with the subsequent two elections results last year. I dare you to prove me wrong ?

    It was only natural that Putin do what he did and I'm sorry that that rubs you a rash
    Only natural you say !?

    Naked armed aggression is never that, so those sort of comments are simply flaming now frankly
    Last edited by flogger; 02-20-15 at 03:15 PM.

  6. #226
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    05-05-15 @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    632

    Re: Ceasefire agreed for eastern Ukraine after Minsk summit

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFirst View Post
    Undeniable facts? This article was posted here for hundreds of times, your friend Simplex tried hard. It's dated by June 18, 2014.
    Yes and the Russian terrorists have killed far more since then, the future does not change events of the past, the Russian terrorist pigs turned Donetsk and Luhansk into armed camps ruled by kidnapping, rape, and torture, it has only gotten worse for ethnic Ukrainians since.

    Quite an old info, considering UN reported more than 5.000 people were killed since then.
    Killed by Russian terrorist swine.

    Ethnic cleansings are impossible in Donbass because Russians and Ukrainians consist one mixed population there.
    Actually Ukrainians consist of the majority, at least they did until the genocidal Russian terrorists began mass murdering and ethnically cleansing them just like they did during the days of Stalin.

  7. #227
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Ceasefire agreed for eastern Ukraine after Minsk summit

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    OK then how did the US back the protesters in ANY way whatsoever ? How did it get them to face down Yanukovyches guns unarmed and how often do I need to keep asking this question ?



    As should any free thinking individual on earth !



    Nuland and co had nothing to do with the Maidan protesters and nothing to do with the subsequent two elections results last year. I dare you to prove me wrong ?



    Only natural you say !?

    Naked armed aggression is never that, so those sort of comments are simply flaming now frankly
    I addressed that in 206 and 215. Stop asking me the same stupid question over and over again. Do you believe that it was Yanukovych that the US was supporting in the Maiden Square conflict. **** man, turn off Monte Python, and turn on Al Jazeera or CCTV and pay attention.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #228
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Ceasefire agreed for eastern Ukraine after Minsk summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I addressed that in 206 and 215
    Thats simply a re statement of your opinion. Where are the facts linking this US backing of the Maidan protesters and I'm asking you how they were they supposedly backed ?

    Stop asking me the same stupid question over and over again.
    And I'll keep asking it until you provide the evidence because its fundamental to your whole 'blame it all on the US' position here

    Do you believe that it was Yanukovych that the US was supporting in the Maiden Square conflict. **** man, turn off Monte Python, and turn on Al Jazeera or CCTV and pay attention.
    Given his own cabinet had even abandoned him before his overthrow why would the US back him ?

  9. #229
    Sage
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,132

    Re: Ceasefire agreed for eastern Ukraine after Minsk summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I've responded to that inquiry on multiple occasions. The US is backing a regime in Kiev that Russia does not recognise as legitimate. An angry mob consisting of a fraction of the population of Ukraine converged at Maiden Square in the Capitol and began burning federal buildings, and demanding the ouster of president Yanukovych, and fired upon his motorcade as he fled for his life. That is not the democratic model, and neither you or any other poster at DP that supports it, would support it in the UK, Germany, Canada, the US, etc.
    None of what you said justifies what Putin has done in Ukraine.

  10. #230
    Sage
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,132

    Re: Ceasefire agreed for eastern Ukraine after Minsk summit

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Nice try, but we were referring to the regime that was installed with Western support, that prompted Russia's response and emergency action in Crimea. I know that you know this but seem to think being coy is cute.

    An interim government was quickly announced, leading Yanukovych to come out of hiding, and in a press conference, declare that he would not be relinquishing his claim to the presidency—calling the actions to appoint a new government a coup—and that he had fled Kiev when he received threats to his life.

    Yanukovych’s statements provided Russia with a rationale for action. “When we see this we understand what worries the citizens of Ukraine, both Russian and Ukrainian, and the Russian-speaking population in the eastern and southern regions of Ukraine. It is this uncontrolled crime that worries them,” Russian President Vladimir Putin said in an unscripted conversation with press on March 3rd. “Therefore, if we see such uncontrolled crime spreading to the eastern regions of the country, and if the people ask us for help, while we already have the official request from the legitimate President, we retain the right to use all available means to protect those people. We believe this would be absolutely legitimate.”

    Political Legitimacy and International Law in Crimea: Pushing the U.S. and Russia Apart
    The words of a corrupt criminal leader is Putin's justification for destroying half of Ukraine? Pathetic!

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •