Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 456

Thread: Cruz introduces bill defending states' rights on marriage

  1. #121
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Cruz introduces bill defending states' rights on marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Sincerity of belief does not make anyone any less of a bigot.

    Racists can sincerly believe that black people are inherently inferior to white people. Their sincerity does not make them any less of a bigot.



    The fact that some blog on the internet says something only proves that some blog on the internet says something; it doesn't prove that what they say is true

    States do not have rights. State govts have *powers*; they have no rights.
    some people simply arent interested in the truth or facts
    and some people simply think "feelings" and "wants" and "beliefs" matter to rights and the constitution when they dont one single bit. . . its nothing more then adults having temper tantrums like little kids because people they dont like are getting rights

    its hilarious watching them cry and pout
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #122
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Cruz introduces bill defending states' rights on marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) very telling
    2.) this is your mistake, im not trying to argue, there are two things i point out that are in deed fact because the law rights and constitution makes them that way. It has nothing to do with what i "say".

    what i say is meaningless to the fact. You are free to disagree but it only exposes your like of education on this particular subject.

    Also if you disagree all you have to do is bring ONE fact to the table that supports your failed and proven wrong claims . . . one . . . why are you avoiding this?

    I can back up with law and facts what i said, all you have provided so far is "nu-huh"

    3.) another mistake, facts dont need luck they just are
    4.) wow 3 for 3 in mistakes, again your belief doesnt matter to facts. You are free to believe 2 + 2 = 85.74 doenst change the fact you are wrong.

    here are the facts:
    Fact remains:
    action is NOT needed to be gay
    there are no protected minority groups

    I challenge you to present anything that factually proves otherwise

    I bet you cant or you dodge it
    Who do you think you are? Challenge me? I'll speak to you if you can communicate without being a jerk. I challenge you to give it a try.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  3. #123
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Cruz introduces bill defending states' rights on marriage

    Just a ploy so that Ted Cruz can let everyone know that in addition to Green Eggs and Ham, he does like like Gay Marriage, Sam I am.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #124
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Cruz introduces bill defending states' rights on marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    Who do you think you are? Challenge me? I'll speak to you if you can communicate without being a jerk. I challenge you to give it a try.
    I see you've been formally introduced to AgentJ. He is incapable of separating fact from opinion, it really is NOT in his DNA.

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  5. #125
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Cruz introduces bill defending states' rights on marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    Who do you think you are? Challenge me? I'll speak to you if you can communicate without being a jerk. I challenge you to give it a try.
    LMAO
    translation: you cant back up your failed and proven wrong claims, thats what we thought.
    let us know when you can, thanks
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #126
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Cruz introduces bill defending states' rights on marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    I see you've been formally introduced to AgentJ. He is incapable of separating fact from opinion, it really is NOT in his DNA.

    Tim-

    i love that I have destryed so many of your posts that it has this effect on you
    tell me what part i said wasnt fact? Id love for you to show us, i bet youcan't and you dodge it like always.

    here ill help you

    Facts
    action is NOT needed to be gay
    there are no protected minority groups

    please tell us which one is not fact . . .this is gonna be great!
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #127
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,982

    Re: Cruz introduces bill defending states' rights on marriage

    From a constitutional stand point, I have issue with our marriage laws because I think it's inherently a EPC violation due to gender discrimination. Taking that out of the equation though....

    I have zero issue with States deciding if they want to issue the liscences in their state or not.

    I have issue with a state deciding it won't recognize the liscence of another state, or the federal goverment not recognizing one issued by a state.

    I also have a MASSIVE issue with using the amendment process to EMPOWER the government to restrict the rights that citizens have. No other amendment, other than prohibition, actively sought to empower the government to restrict the rights that citizens have, except in instances where said rights were clearly infringing upon the rights of another. The amendment process absolutely should not be used to WEAKEN the amount of freedom a citizen without said freedom conflicting with another citizens freedom, and it absolutely should not be used to EMPOWER the government further without said empowerment occuring in order to legitimately protect the freedoms of a citizen.

    NO ONES inalienable rights are being infringed by two people of the same sex being married.

  8. #128
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Cruz introduces bill defending states' rights on marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    i love that I have destryed so many of your posts that it has this effect on you
    tell me what part i said wasnt fact? Id love for you to show us, i bet youcan't and you dodge it like always.

    here ill help you

    Facts
    action is NOT needed to be gay
    there are no protected minority groups

    please tell us which one is not fact . . .this is gonna be great!
    Not only can you not separate fact from opinion, now it seems you have a grandiose recollection of memory.

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  9. #129
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: Cruz introduces bill defending states' rights on marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Not only can you not separate fact from opinion, now it seems you have a grandiose recollection of memory.

    Tim-
    BOOM! called it
    you cant prove either of those facts false so you deflect and dodged it.
    thanks thats what we thought
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #130
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Cruz introduces bill defending states' rights on marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    BOOM! called it
    you cant prove either of those facts false so you deflect and dodged it.
    thanks thats what we thought
    Huh? Called what?

    I don't even know what you're talking about?

    Facts action is NOT needed to be gay
    Um, what? Who said it was, and what do you mean by "action"?

    there are no protected minority groups
    What do you mean? Are you saying that the civil rights laws of the 60's does not protect minority groups, such as Blacks? Laws protecting women, and age discrimination, disabled etc.. These are all minority groups, and in the case of women, gender, and in some states, and now the Federal government, we have laws protecting sexual orientation from discrimination? Unless you think they're protecting them from something else, please elucidate? Besides all that, I never made any such comments in this regard to you or anyone else in this thread, so perhaps based on the available evidence, you really are having a grandiose memory of me?


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •