Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 287

Thread: Scott Walker side steps foreign policy questions on UK trip

  1. #81
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    The depth of your argument is persuasive.
    Here's a source--- possibly simple enough for you to understand.

    Scientific law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    It's the law of universal gravitation, for example.

  2. #82
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Gravitation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    The anti evolutionists throwing out the old stupid argument about "its a theory" don't know what a scientific theory is.

    But, that is all they have. The scientists have the data, and the fossils and the volumes of research, observations and studies.
    Again, English is more important than Science on this thread: Newton's law of universal gravitation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  3. #83
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,819
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Wow, you dig that up from wiki?

    Its a theory, and a decent one. Some believe that random luck made chaos settle into order. Some belive that order had guidance. I can see both sides and why people would believe either way.
    You are quite free to believe in whatever you want to believe. I make no denigration against it, or what you believe. Hell, we all might yet find out that it's all wrong (rather unlikely given the amount and nature behind the theory, but you never know).

    However, I'd insist that public policy decisions be based on the facts that are supporting the theory of evolution.

    And no, I didn't dig that up from a Wiki. I just typed it in.
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  4. #84
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,819
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    You left out DNA which proved once and for all that humans are closely related to chimps and apes and evolved from a common ancestor. DNA is not a "theory" by the way. DNA is the crux of evolutionary "theory" today and those that don't believe it are clueless.
    There is no need to denigrate those who believe differently. They are free to believe whatever they wish.

    Now, when it comes to public policy, that which is taught in science class and that which is taught in the study of religions, that's a different matter.
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  5. #85
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,730

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    Again, English is more important than Science on this thread: Newton's law of universal gravitation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The law describes what empirical evidence has shown will happen, and the theory is an attempt to explain why that happens.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    You are quite free to believe in whatever you want to believe. I make no denigration against it, or what you believe. Hell, we all might yet find out that it's all wrong (rather unlikely given the amount and nature behind the theory, but you never know).

    However, I'd insist that public policy decisions be based on the facts that are supporting the theory of evolution.

    And no, I didn't dig that up from a Wiki. I just typed it in.
    Meh. What public policy would a president have that would affect evolution?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #87
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,076

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    look, it was an obvious attempt to create a headline, and Walker simply side-stepped it to focus on trade, which was the point of the meeting.

  8. #88
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,649

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I finished college. I use my degree exactly zero times per day.

    So is WaPo thinking that if he had finished college, he wouldn't have religious beliefs?
    Reporter: "Mr. President, what do you have to say about the revelations coming out that you were a C student in college?"

    Reagan: "Imagine what I could have accomplished if I studied harder."
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  9. #89
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,649

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    No, they are thinking that it shows that he is politically oriented, but uninterested in academics for it's own sake. Apparently he also came in late to French Class on a regular basis (I know, I know... how could we all have been so blind to the true, degraded nature of the man?).
    This story is going to play big with the "Was never going to vote for him anyway" Demographic.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  10. #90
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,076

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    This story is going to play big with the "Was never going to vote for him anyway" Demographic.
    The interesting thing is that they think it's really going to effect conservatives.


    Seriously. If Hillary Clinton indicated that she might be sympathetic to the arguments for Single Payer, does anyone think that would hurt her in the D Primary?

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •