Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 287

Thread: Scott Walker side steps foreign policy questions on UK trip

  1. #231
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by jpn View Post
    Think of what it would mean to belong to a political party where a softball question about one of the most basic and fundamental and settled theories in science is considered a "gotcha."

    Wow. How sad.

    Next up: Hey Jeb, what's 2 plus 2?

    What newspapers do you read?

    Other than RvW what's an important SCOTUS case?


    the list of idiocy goes on and on and on. dontcha know?

  2. #232
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That's a great point. How is evolution a foreign policy issue?
    I suppose it is to some people. That may explain why American foreign policy, under this most liberal of US Presidents, is such a mess.

  3. #233
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,064

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    So you are saying the man was invited to speak at an economic forum and they decided to use that as an excuse to ask him completely unrelated questions they would never ask of a liberal politician? In other words...Their press are scumbags too?

    Where they 'frightened' by Obama's Christianity?
    The guy is doing the International waltz to show how presidential he is. He gets asked a simple question such that he would field on the campaign trail and he is thrown by it. If he isn't ready to campaign, the don't start campaigning. Granted its early, so its a spring training mistake, but it does show he isn't yet comfortable in his own skin and not his own man. He apparently needs a binky (campaign staff to tell him what to say since he is afraid to have opinions of his own.)

    A faux pas for sure, but hardly a Sarah Palin style faux pas as there is no long term harm. This faux pas did not expose ignorance, it just exposed a lack of balls.

  4. #234
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,156

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    He ducked the foreign policy questions, claiming protocol. Only the President should pronounce of FP abroad, and it wasn't his place to do so. That left them stumped for a question, so since it was London, and Darwin's 206th Birthday, they asked a question no British politician would hesitate to answer in thw affirmative. He didn't just duck, but dived for cover!
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  5. #235
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    He ducked the foreign policy questions, claiming protocol. Only the President should pronounce of FP abroad, and it wasn't his place to do so. That left them stumped for a question, so since it was London, and Darwin's 206th Birthday, they asked a question no British politician would hesitate to answer in thw affirmative. He didn't just duck, but dived for cover!
    Would you prefer he lied? Like said he was for Evolution, before he was against it? Or maybe state his position is "evolving on that front"? I know, he could say "If you like your evolution, you can keep your evolution". Would that have been more palatable for you?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #236
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,156

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Would you prefer he lied? Like said he was for Evolution, before he was against it? Or maybe state his position is "evolving on that front"? I know, he could say "If you like your evolution, you can keep your evolution". Would that have been more palatable for you?
    He didn't have to lie, just answer a simple question on science taught to British kids from eight years old.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  7. #237
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    He didn't have to lie, just answer a simple question on science taught to British kids from eight years old.
    Nothing in politics, when liberals are involved are "simple" questions...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #238
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,802

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Would you prefer he lied? Like said he was for Evolution, before he was against it? Or maybe state his position is "evolving on that front"? I know, he could say "If you like your evolution, you can keep your evolution". Would that have been more palatable for you?
    I do not have a dog in the GOP fight. As far as I am concerned the lot of them are a tangled cluster****. Beyond that, Walker has zip chance of being the GOP and beyond that Walker has no even a glimmer of hope in becoming president. As an Independent voter Walker doesn't bother me in the least.

    OK, got my position regarding Walker? Here's my response, Walker doesn't have a foreign policy idea, not one. None. Seriously, when asked foreign policy questions prior to his stumbling around in London Walker's response has been much like Palin's a few years ago. "Really big, really bold, boots on the ground".

    I think just prior to London Walker's handlers told him to avoid foreign policy questions at all costs because it has been quite obvious that he has less of a grasp of foreign policy than a box of Little Debbie Snack Cakes.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  9. #239
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    I do not have a dog in the GOP fight. As far as I am concerned the lot of them are a tangled cluster****. Beyond that, Walker has zip chance of being the GOP and beyond that Walker has no even a glimmer of hope in becoming president. As an Independent voter Walker doesn't bother me in the least.

    OK, got my position regarding Walker? Here's my response, Walker doesn't have a foreign policy idea, not one. None. Seriously, when asked foreign policy questions prior to his stumbling around in London Walker's response has been much like Palin's a few years ago. "Really big, really bold, boots on the ground".

    I think just prior to London Walker's handlers told him to avoid foreign policy questions at all costs because it has been quite obvious that he has less of a grasp of foreign policy than a box of Little Debbie Snack Cakes.
    You asked for evidence of Walkers achievements, and you ran from the thread, now you've returned when that's a page or two back, how interesting.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  10. #240
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,802

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    You asked for evidence of Walkers achievements, and you ran from the thread, now you've returned when that's a page or two back, how interesting.
    Nope. You cut and pasted Walker public relations generated crap. I wasn't going to divert the thread to respond. I won't do it here, but if you want to do discuss it on another thread start one.

    Back to the OP and to my response to your statement in the previous post, Walker can't respond to foreign policy questions or he hasn't been able to thus far and he damn sure couldn't do it in London.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •