Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 287

Thread: Scott Walker side steps foreign policy questions on UK trip

  1. #201
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Barack Obama said he "walks with God" every day. There's not a chance in hell that nutcase could ever become president either, right? The USA would be a complete laughing stock here and in the whole world if something like that happened.
    ...and he's still accused of not being a Christian. That's what makes the USA so laughable.

  2. #202
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Scott Walker side steps foreign policy questions on UK trip

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Bwhahaha !!!

    So you're not a fan the current President ?
    I knew that was coming as soon as I posted my message.

  3. #203
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,239

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    So you are saying the man was invited to speak at an economic forum and they decided to use that as an excuse to ask him completely unrelated questions they would never ask of a liberal politician? In other words...Their press are scumbags too?

    Where they 'frightened' by Obama's Christianity?
    He was in London, on Darwin's birthday, and the moderator threw him a softball, which he promptly punted. The moderator even gave him a chance to recover by pointing out that any British politician left or right would have answered "Of course" and carried on, to that question. He sidestepped that too!
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  4. #204
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    He was in London, on Darwin's birthday, and the moderator threw him a softball, which he promptly punted. The moderator even gave him a chance to recover by pointing out that any British politician left or right would have answered "Of course" and carried on, to that question. He sidestepped that too!
    Yes...he absolutely told them that he was not there to hold a press conference and was there to discuss trade and commerce. Very astute. Anyone with an ounce of respect and grace would have understood that (and would still understand that). Then again...when it is your intent and DESIRE to try to make someone look bad, then that concept of respect and grace doesnt really get top billing.

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Yes...he absolutely told them that he was not there to hold a press conference and was there to discuss trade and commerce. Very astute. Anyone with an ounce of respect and grace would have understood that (and would still understand that). Then again...when it is your intent and DESIRE to try to make someone look bad, then that concept of respect and grace doesnt really get top billing.
    This is the sort of question all too commonplace in British journalism and one on a level the lower class yabos enjoy. Discussing trade and commerce doesn't compare with sports and celebrities.

  6. #206
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The US would lose a lot of credibility both foreign and domestic if it elected someone who doesn't believe in science.


    I think Walker just kissed his chance for the nomination, goodbye.
    Just think of the credibility we lost when Obama got elected.

    Do you have any evidence that Walker doesn't believe in science?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #207
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Just think of the credibility we lost when Obama got elected.

    Do you have any evidence that Walker doesn't believe in science?
    Did anyone ever discover the Community BHO was alleged to have organized? It couldn't have been in the US or Middle East.

  8. #208
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    He was in London, on Darwin's birthday, and the moderator threw him a softball, which he promptly punted. The moderator even gave him a chance to recover by pointing out that any British politician left or right would have answered "Of course" and carried on, to that question. He sidestepped that too!
    The moderator threw him a gotcha question and he wisely didn't answer it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #209
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Did anyone ever discover the Community BHO was alleged to have organized? It couldn't have been in the US or Middle East.
    I'm still waiting for Obama's grades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #210
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Scott Walker side steps foreign policy questions on UK trip

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    So you think the Koch brothers will be able to get Walker elected president? I don't think so.



    Secret audio nails Scott Walker! A humiliating suck-up to the Koch brothers - Salon.com

    Yep. Looks like Republicans are all about giving the rich all the money and letting them trickle it back down to everyone else. I think that is going to be a rather tough sell.
    I don't know about the Koch's...They must scare the hell out of you though....Using your logic though, do you think that Soro's will be able to get Clinton elected?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •