Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 287

Thread: Scott Walker side steps foreign policy questions on UK trip

  1. #11
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,369

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    It is 2015.

    If you can't accept proven scientific fact, and instead have to cling to dogmatic fables, you are not bright enough to run a country.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    That's what I was thinking. Manage the economy and foreign policy and I don't care if he believes in the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

    The future of national security via climate/energy/etc all relies on major advances in science.

    To elect someone who would claim MRSA is another liberal science grant-seek .... is .... patently stupid on its face.

  3. #13
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    The future of national security via climate/energy/etc all relies on major advances in science.

    To elect someone who would claim MRSA is another liberal science grant-seek .... is .... patently stupid on its face.
    Nice straw man.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    Nice straw man.
    how so? MRSA is point positive proof of evolution.

    if you disagree, go get infected and take the old medicines. prove us wrong.









    Somehow I doubt you have the courage of your convictions to do so........
    why?

  5. #15
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    how so? MRSA is point positive proof of evolution.

    if you disagree, go get infected and take the old medicines. prove us wrong.
    You're example has nothing to do with what Walker does or doesn't believe. He could believe in evolution, he could believe in intelligent design or he could believe in creation. You don't know because he didn't say. You were however quick to jump to conclusions.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  6. #16
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The US would lose a lot of credibility both foreign and domestic if it elected someone who doesn't believe in science.


    I think Walker just kissed his chance for the nomination, goodbye.
    Considering that he believes in science and you wouldn't vote for him ANYWAY, this is stunning insight from you... really.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    You're example has nothing to do with what Walker does or doesn't believe. He could believe in evolution, he could believe in intelligent design or he could believe in creation. You don't know because he didn't say. You were however quick to jump to conclusions.
    1) the fact you differentiate that into 3 is stupid on its face and misleading

    2) the fact he "punted" says his position. he refuses to affirm what is WELL known to have scientific evidence and ZERO refutation to date.


    Doing math that a 3 year old should be able to....
    1+2==== denier? (occam's razor, eh?)

  8. #18
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Considering that he believes in science and you wouldn't vote for him ANYWAY, this is stunning insight from you... really.
    your terrible wording aside, if he did, he wouldn't have "punted the question".

  9. #19
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    1) the fact you differentiate that into 3 is stupid on its face and misleading

    2) the fact he "punted" says his position. he refuses to affirm what is WELL known to have scientific evidence and ZERO refutation to date.


    Doing math that a 3 year old should be able to....
    1+2==== denier? (occam's razor, eh?)
    Your inability to understand the three different belief systems about evolution and creation doesn't invalidate them. Evolution is a political shiny object that idiots use as a litmus test to test a candidates belief in science generally. Are you so foolish that you think that creationists can't believe in chemistry, climatology, physics or botany?

    Understand that as an atheist, I don't believe in creation however I am respectful of the beliefs of others.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  10. #20
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    Your inability to understand the three different belief systems about evolution and creation doesn't invalidate them. Evolution is a political shiny object that idiots use as a litmus test to test a candidates belief in science generally. Are you so foolish that you think that creationists can't believe in chemistry, climatology, physics or botany?

    Understand that as an atheist, I don't believe in creation however I am respectful of the beliefs of others.
    Ignoring the fact that you (falsely)conflate evolution to origin; explain the difference between "intelligent design" and "creationism" then.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •