Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 287

Thread: Scott Walker side steps foreign policy questions on UK trip

  1. #171
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,363

    Re: Scott Walker side steps foreign policy questions on UK trip

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    If someone believes in God spiritually it doesn't necessarily mean that it 'taints every aspect of your world view in a distorted and false way.' I think this to be a incorrect assertion. There are scientists that believe in God, and also believe in Evolution, so your assertion appears to be demonstrated as false.

    I'll wager that there are quite a number of Christian believers that are performing well in their elected offices, and other roles. How far has the founder and CEO of Hobby Lobby gone? Further than you, I'd wager. No, I think that spiritual beliefs don't really have very much influence in professional life and ability to perform in a particular role.

    I also notice that you've not mentioned exactly how you imagine this to have impact in someone's job performance. Yeah, you've done little more than heap yet more derision on beliefs that you don't share in the form of some abstractions and vague accusations and assertions, and hence feel perfectly justified in criticizing, but you've not demonstrated a basis for this criticism nor a justification for such.

    I fail to see how acknowledging and accepting Evolution or not, either strengthens or weakens any particular person from doing any particular job, should they have the ability to do that job in the first place.

    If you are criticizing Governor Perry on this point, fine. That doesn't mean this immediately translates to all others. That's too broad a brush you are painting with there.
    You lost it in the first sentence. How did this discussion become about believing in God? There was no mention of God in the OP, this is a discussion about belief in evolution which is something Walker does not want to admit to. No mention of God anywhere to be seen
    But since you brought it up....Do you think the Pope believes in God? The Pope not only endorses and believes that evolution is the method of man's creation and even thinks it is BLASPHEMOUS to believe in Creation.
    That is just his Holiness's way of saying "it's stupid don't do it". If Scott Walker needs to be called "stupid" by the Pope how good a President could he possibly be? LOL Not that Walker has a chance in hell of becoming the nominee no matter what he believes....
    This was a waste of Walkers time anyway. Jeb is the anointed one and will be the GOP nominee. Romney dropped out in a huff when he found out. Poor Willard, he thought he had another run sewed up until Jeb popped up. Jeb;'s going to make you eat your words on immigration too. It's all about love, you didn't know that did you? Even though he will surely lose (another Bush?), Jeb will serve a purpose. he will show the party members that they will be dragged kicking and screaming into this century whether they want to or not. Think about that when you cast your vote.

    Pope backs evolution, Vatican calls creation
    Last edited by iguanaman; 02-13-15 at 12:35 AM.

  2. #172
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Scott Walker side steps foreign policy questions on UK trip

    Quote Originally Posted by jpn View Post
    Scott Walker side steps foreign policy questions on UK trip - CSMonitor.com

    The British audience groaned and also laughed at Walker. The moderator says "Oh REALLY??? ANY British politician, right or left, would laugh and say 'yes of course evolution is true.'"

    Thanks Scott, for demonstrating to the world how backward and superstitious one of America's two great political parties are.
    It was an ignorant question. There is no legislation nor executive action pending concerning the subject of evolution, therefore walker answered correctly.
    "It is only when men contemplate the greatness of God that they can come to realize their own inadequacy." Jean Calvin

  3. #173
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The US would lose a lot of credibility both foreign and domestic if it elected someone who doesn't believe in science.


    I think Walker just kissed his chance for the nomination, goodbye.
    How does his answer reflect a non belief in science?
    "It is only when men contemplate the greatness of God that they can come to realize their own inadequacy." Jean Calvin

  4. #174
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    Ignoring the fact that you (falsely)conflate evolution to origin; explain the difference between "intelligent design" and "creationism" then.
    And you falsely conflate category of creationism with category of evolution, they are two different categories. Creationism is about origin (existence), evolution is about change (time). Intelligent design and evolution are in the same category, but are not mutually exclusive. Therefore only a dim wit would base a political judgement on the discussion of the distinction between two valid Ideas as if they were not.
    "It is only when men contemplate the greatness of God that they can come to realize their own inadequacy." Jean Calvin

  5. #175
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    also note:

    he goes over there and won't talk about foreign policy

    he lets Netanyahu come here and undermine our foreign policy and offers no opposition.


    hypocrite!!!!!!!!!!
    Since when does a state's governor have the power to instruct the congress on who may speak before them?
    "It is only when men contemplate the greatness of God that they can come to realize their own inadequacy." Jean Calvin

  6. #176
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    Evolution is a scientific theory which conflicts with some religious beliefs. Personally I think that evolution is the logical explanation for life on earth however I also believe that everyone is entitled to their own religious beliefs. A belief in creation or intelligent design doesn't negate any individuals belief in every other scientific discipline. It's a distraction nothing more and personally don't think it has anything to do with a persons ability to lead a nation.
    Your words "evolution is the logical explanation for life on earth", is a nonsensical statement. Life must first exist in order that it evolve, creation and evolution are in two separate categories.
    "It is only when men contemplate the greatness of God that they can come to realize their own inadequacy." Jean Calvin

  7. #177
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,860
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Scott Walker side steps foreign policy questions on UK trip

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    You lost it in the first sentence. How did this discussion become about believing in God? There was no mention of God in the OP, this is a discussion about belief in evolution which is something Walker does not want to admit to. No mention of God anywhere to be seen
    But since you brought it up....Do you think the Pope believes in God? The Pope not only endorses and believes that evolution is the method of man's creation and even thinks it is BLASPHEMOUS to believe in Creation.
    That is just his Holiness's way of saying "it's stupid don't do it". If Scott Walker needs to be called "stupid" by the Pope how good a President could he possibly be? LOL Not that Walker has a chance in hell of becoming the nominee no matter what he believes....
    This was a waste of Walkers time anyway. Jeb is the anointed one and will be the GOP nominee. Romney dropped out in a huff when he found out. Poor Willard, he thought he had another run sewed up until Jeb popped up. Jeb;'s going to make you eat your words on immigration too. It's all about love, you didn't know that did you? Even though he will surely lose (another Bush?), Jeb will serve a purpose. he will show the party members that they will be dragged kicking and screaming into this century whether they want to or not. Think about that when you cast your vote.

    Pope backs evolution, Vatican calls creation
    Just as I told you, belief in God doesn't immediately exclude belief in Evolution, the Pope would be a prime example. I think you are confusing extremist fundamental beliefs with many others who do believe and are not fundamentalists.

    Either way, still doesn't mean that someone can't be good at a job. That you've never proven much less further backed up with additional citation or anything. Guess that part of your position falls to the way side.

    And yet, your derision of anyone who doesn't believe as you do as being "stupid". Yeah, liberal intolerance for anyone who doesn't believe as they do, right there.

    My advise would be to grow up and be a bit more tolerant of others and their beliefs, else one day, you might be the one out of step and without a chair when the music stops.
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  8. #178
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Gravity is just a theory.

    Science works...whether or not you believe it.
    Explain to me the steps of inquiry to the scientific method and how its applied to evolution.
    "It is only when men contemplate the greatness of God that they can come to realize their own inadequacy." Jean Calvin

  9. #179
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,363

    Re: Scott Walker side steps foreign policy questions on UK trip

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Just as I told you, belief in God doesn't immediately exclude belief in Evolution, the Pope would be a prime example. I think you are confusing extremist fundamental beliefs with many others who do believe and are not fundamentalists.

    Either way, still doesn't mean that someone can't be good at a job. That you've never proven much less further backed up with additional citation or anything. Guess that part of your position falls to the way side.

    And yet, your derision of anyone who doesn't believe as you do as being "stupid". Yeah, liberal intolerance for anyone who doesn't believe as they do, right there.

    My advise would be to grow up and be a bit more tolerant of others and their beliefs, else one day, you might be the one out of step and without a chair when the music stops.
    LOL You need to write the Pope about his "liberal intolerance". He called creationism blasphemy! It's not a liberal thing it's an intelligence thing. We are in the new millennium and we just don't have time to educate thick headed dolts about things they should have learned in 3rd grade. We just write them off as hopeless and do our best to keep them out of jobs where thinking is important. What would you do? Trust your families well being to someone who thinks we were poofed into existence by a wizard? To quote G. Bush senior, 'It isn't prudent."
    Last edited by iguanaman; 02-13-15 at 01:36 AM.

  10. #180
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Scott Walker--Embarrassment to America

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    How does his answer reflect a non belief in science?
    Since he refused to say, his answer didn't reflect a belief in evolution. Who knows what he thinks science is because he kept using it in the same sentence as 'faith'.


    It's what Walker doesn't say that seems to count. IE: he never said he was going to bust the unions during his first campaign. So if he won't say if he believes in evolution then it's highly likely he doesn't and would sabotage science based programs, projects and research if elected.

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •