Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 133

Thread: North Carolina man charged in shooting death of 3 Muslim students [W:43, 109]

  1. #81
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54

    Re: North Carolina man charged in shooting death of 3 Muslim students

    So sad and yet so not surprised at the evil that roams this world.

  2. #82
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: North Carolina man charged in shooting death of 3 Muslim students

    As a liberal atheist, I would like to go on record here saying that I don't blame fox news or the NRA for this shooting. More importantly, I would like to bring attention to the fact that there are still insane people in this world and to be mindful of helping those who need help and appreciating the people in your life who could be gone tomorrow. Because of a parking dispute, or because of religion, or race, or for no reason at all.
    A working class hero is something to be

  3. #83
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: North Carolina man charged in shooting death of 3 Muslim students

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I already know that because he is not Muslim, he is an individual person and he is bonkers. But if he were a Muslim who shot three white Americans in the head, he'd wouldn't be just bat **** bonkers. He would be a Muslim.
    And one of the first articles ran about this from national news source tried to connect his being atheist, in fact referring to him as a "devout atheist", to the crime and implying strongly that it was the reason for him committing the crime.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #84
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: North Carolina man charged in shooting death of 3 Muslim students

    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpius View Post
    The shooter was a fan of Rachel Maddow and Progressive causes...looks like we have a liberal shooter here
    Any prove of that or are you just making fun of something rhat is not funny in the least?

  5. #85
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: North Carolina man charged in shooting death of 3 Muslim students

    Quote Originally Posted by spangledbanner View Post
    I would describe him as American.

    To a non-American there is little difference between a liberal or conservative American. You are all American.

    US media and US politics is to blame for this.

    And how about the double standard.

    This really messes with the terror narrative.

    Muslim lives matter.

    edit- Demonization of Muslims in America is bi-partisan. That is obvious. How about the double standard here. Jesus.
    It is not bipartisan. That's a crock. It's your right that is xenophobic railing against muslims and hispanics.

  6. #86
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: North Carolina man charged in shooting death of 3 Muslim students

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I figured something like this only because of the comments that they were using against the guy, such as what he posted. None of those seemed to truly indicate a hatred of people who were religious in a way that would lead to him hunting them down to kill them specifically.

    Now, it is obvious that this guy has huge anger issues given the level of violence demonstrated over a parking issue. So far though, there is no evidence to me that this was due to their being Muslim or his being atheist.
    Sounds very naive to think their ethinic and religious difference had nothing to do with it it.

    As far as FOX they are trying to cover their ass.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NE WI.
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,029

    Re: North Carolina man charged in shooting death of 3 Muslim students

    `
    Update - Parking dispute led to killings, police say -"A long-running parking dispute between neighbors motivated a man to kill a woman, her newlywed husband and her sister at a quiet condominium complex near the University of North Carolina, police said Wednesday."

    It wouldn't surprise me.

  8. #88
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: North Carolina man charged in shooting death of 3 Muslim students

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Banning guns will just ensure the bad guys have the guns.
    Most of these crazies get their guns legally so your argument is moot. It's easier to get a gun in this country than it is a driver's license. Doesn't take as long either.

  9. #89
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: North Carolina man charged in shooting death of 3 Muslim students

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Most gun incidents happen due to illegally owned weapons, not people who legally obtained them. And every country has "lethal incidents". They happen. It is better that everyone be able to defend themselves from other people and their government (and possibly other threats) than to worry about "lethal incidents" which in the grand scheme of things, are not that common.
    Most if not all of the crazies in the last decade that went on shooting rampages got their guns legally or just used a famiily member's. So your argument falls on its face.

  10. #90
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: North Carolina man charged in shooting death of 3 Muslim students

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Someone totally doesn't understand reality. Even if you did a world wide sweep banning all guns, everywhere... there would still be guns. Because such a move would be impossible. You really don't care about needless deaths though, if you did, you would support arming more people, because bad guys rarely attack areas where the locals will shoot back.
    There's a much, much, lower incidence of gun violence in countries where obtaining a firearm is difficult. What part of that don't you understand?

    By your argument everyone will be settling disputes with firearms. It will be like the wild wild west.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •