Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 133

Thread: North Carolina man charged in shooting death of 3 Muslim students [W:43, 109]

  1. #91
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: North Carolina man charged in shooting death of 3 Muslim students

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    The only sensible solution is to have a law passed making it mandatory that every single American over age 11 is armed everywhere at all times. If every American had a firearm with them 24/7, there would be zero crime.
    I hope that's sarcasm.

  2. #92
    Student
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Brussels
    Last Seen
    02-12-15 @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    154

    Re: North Carolina man charged in shooting death of 3 Muslim students

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    There's a much, much, lower incidence of gun violence in countries where obtaining a firearm is difficult. What part of that don't you understand?

    By your argument everyone will be settling disputes with firearms. It will be like the wild wild west.
    Have you checked up on gun violence in Mexico recently?

  3. #93
    Sidewalk Inspector
    Utility Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,100

    Re: North Carolina man charged in shooting death of 3 Muslim students

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Banning guns will just ensure the bad guys have the guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Someone totally doesn't understand reality. Even if you did a world wide sweep banning all guns, everywhere... there would still be guns. Because such a move would be impossible. You really don't care about needless deaths though, if you did, you would support arming more people, because bad guys rarely attack areas where the locals will shoot back.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Can we get more ludicrous? Seriously?

    Let's examine the evidence, name off the 5 biggest crime ridden cities, 5 biggest shooting spree locations.

    What do they all have in common?

    They ban guns.

    When evidence of failure isn't enough to persuade you, why do you people double down on fail?
    "They would still be alive if they had armed themselves".

    Why not just come right out and say it ?

    Isn't that what your are suggesting ?

    Blaming the victims.
    Last edited by Utility Man; 02-12-15 at 06:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    There were, by most estimates, 500 Nazis in Charlottesville. One of them went homicidal. Not all Nazis are violent extremists. You are trying to rationalize your hatred and it's simply not rational.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    as I noted, its better that 10 nutjobs get guns than one good person be wrongly disarmed.

  4. #94
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: North Carolina man charged in shooting death of 3 Muslim students

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Can we get more ludicrous? Seriously?

    Let's examine the evidence, name off the 5 biggest crime ridden cities, 5 biggest shooting spree locations.

    What do they all have in common?

    They ban guns.

    When evidence of failure isn't enough to persuade you, why do you people double down on fail?
    I like how conveniently forget how prolific and easy it is to get guns on the outskirts if those cities and bring them in.

  5. #95
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: North Carolina man charged in shooting death of 3 Muslim students

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Sounds very naive to think their ethinic and religious difference had nothing to do with it it.

    As far as FOX they are trying to cover their ass.
    Fox wasn't the only one going that route, but thanks for playing.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #96
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: North Carolina man charged in shooting death of 3 Muslim students

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    I like how conveniently forget how prolific and easy it is to get guns on the outskirts if those cities and bring them in.
    Oh, I see, it's the illegally owned guns, bought from the legal places right? It's all those legal gun owners.

    Here's the question you will not respond too:

    If gun crimes are so high in these cities with high gun control laws ostensibly because of the ease to obtain guns outside the city, why do cities with far less gun control laws and ease of access in the city, have less gun crime?

    I'll be impressed if you even try to answer that one.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #97
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: North Carolina man charged in shooting death of 3 Muslim students

    Quote Originally Posted by Utility Man View Post
    "They would still be alive if they had armed themselves".

    Why not just come right out and say it ?

    Isn't that what your are suggesting ?

    Blaming the victims.
    What are you on about?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  8. #98
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,111

    Re: North Carolina man charged in shooting death of 3 Muslim students

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Sounds very naive to think their ethinic and religious difference had nothing to do with it it.

    As far as FOX they are trying to cover their ass.
    Why would FOX try to cover their ass, given that, if anything, Bill Maher & Co. was a bigger influence on this guy? The dude is a hard-core lefty with a grudge against religion, not a Christian Fundy who thinks Obama is a Muslim Communist Kenyan.

  9. #99
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,111

    Re: North Carolina man charged in shooting death of 3 Muslim students

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Any prove of that or are you just making fun of something rhat is not funny in the least?
    Here you go:

    Though no motive for the shooting has been confirmed, local media is reporting that social media sites connected to Hicks might offer a clue. Hicks is a self-described “anti-theist” who lashed out against all religions. Apparently he is associated in some way with United Atheists of America and uses social media to lash out at both “radical Christians and radical Muslims.” He also describes himself as a fan of atheist author Richard Dawkins.

    TV programmes liked by Hicks include The Atheist Experience, Criminal Minds and Friends, while he describes himself as a fan of Thomas Paine’s The Age of Reason and Richard Dawkins’ The God Delusion.

    Hicks’ pictures largely consist of images with text mocking religion and supporting atheism, but include images of himself and his wife at Disneyland, what he describes as his “loaded 38 revovler”, and himself separately on a quad bike and wearing a suit.

    According to his Facebook “likes,” Hicks is a man of the left:

    His Facebook Likes included the Huffington Post, Rachel Maddow, the Southern Poverty Law Center, Freedom from Religion Foundation, Bill Nye “The Science Guy,” Neil deGrasse Tyson, Gay Marriage groups and similar progressive pages

    Hicks is a vehement atheist, according to his Facebook page, where he frequently posts anti-religion musings.....
    Maybe Rachel Maddow and the SSM movement should be "covering their ass"?

  10. #100
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: North Carolina man charged in shooting death of 3 Muslim students

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Here you go:

    Maybe Rachel Maddow and the SSM movement should be "covering their ass"?
    Weird, I'm trying to reply with a quote to the previous post but get this... in any case:

    This is fascinating if this turns out to be true. I don't know of many acts of violence carried out in the name of Atheism.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •