Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47

Thread: NBC News: Brian Williams suspended for 6 months without pay

  1. #21
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Williams Out. Holt In.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I could understand not realizing you are being shot at but nobody would mistake your chopper crash landing...
    I hadn't heard that part. Did he also say his unit crash landed.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #22
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,240
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Williams Out. Holt In.

    I have two comments/opinions about this.

    1. I think he's done. I don't think he'll be coming back, because that will become just as big a news story in 6 months as it is now, so it will only pick the scab off the wound. Letting him back in the anchor chair would be a big hit to the networks credibility.

    2. Because he wasn't fired, that leads me to believe that upper management at NBC News might very well have been involved in some of the "embellishments" by Williams, or at least had knowledge of them early on and chose to cover them up instead of coming clean to the public.

  3. #23
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    55,071

    Re: Williams Out. Holt In.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    I have two comments/opinions about this.

    1. I think he's done. I don't think he'll be coming back, because that will become just as big a news story in 6 months as it is now, so it will only pick the scab off the wound. Letting him back in the anchor chair would be a big hit to the networks credibility.

    2. Because he wasn't fired, that leads me to believe that upper management at NBC News might very well have been involved in some of the "embellishments" by Williams, or at least had knowledge of them early on and chose to cover them up instead of coming clean to the public.
    Its all politics. He walks away, they dont have to fire him and they dont look even more stupid keeping him on. If they fired him for lying about this, then it would be hard for them to not be equally critical of Hillary Clintons lies.

  4. #24
    Formerly ModerateGOP
    NeverTrumpGOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Post-Trump America
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,290
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Williams Out. Holt In.

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I hadn't heard that part. Did he also say his unit crash landed.

    Here's a direct quote from Brian Williams.
    "It could not have been a more foreign environment," he explained. "All we knew is we had been fired upon. All we knew was we had set down and then with the arrival of the sandstorm, how do we defend our little desert bivouac area. ... Because I knew we had all come under fire, I guess I had assumed that all of the airframes took some damage because we all went down."
    Brian Williams says he first heard of chopper timeline last week - POLITICO.com

    Sure it seems like a small mistake but he's been telling different stories on and off ever since, with none being exactly the same as the other. It would remain small if this happened last week (the helicopter event). But this story has changed a lot over 12 years!
    There's no greater irony than a Trump supporter pointing out hypocrisy; Unless it's Trump himself.

  5. #25
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,998
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Williams Out. Holt In.

    Good. His ethics and credibility have been shredded for life, and he did it all by himself to himself.

  6. #26
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:44 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,787

    Re: Williams Out. Holt In.

    Quote Originally Posted by ModerateGOP View Post
    Brian Williams the disgraced lying scumbag has been removed as the Anchor of NBC Nightly News for the next six months effective as of today. Lester Holt will replace him. Developing...

    NBC News: Brian Williams suspended for 6 months without pay - POLITICO.com
    He won't be back.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #27
    Professor
    Bigfoot 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-01-15 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Williams Out. Holt In.

    The Katrina lies made this inevitable.
    "I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money." -Thomas Sowell

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    12-19-15 @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,234

    Re: Williams Out. Holt In.

    Fox News is reporting this as if someone died. He just got suspended and the guy is a millionaire anyway. What is the big deal? Fox News make me sick the disgusting little ferrets. Whats that little freaks name. Shep. He is acting like someone died. So is Bill OReilly. All of Fox News are. Awww, poor Brian Williams. Awww. So serious. One of our millionaire brothers just lost $5 million just because the petty scum plebs believe in honesty. Aww so sad. Poor Brian. Lets all hope that the stupid public forgets about it. Its been over a week. Havent the stupid slaves moved on to the next bit of nonsense? Aww poor Brian. And lets not pick on poor Brian just because he is a liberal. Lets not be vindictive. Dont be bitter you stupid little slaves.

    These people are sub-human scum. It is such a huge massive deal that one of their millionaire brothers is losing five million and all because the stupid scum public value character.

    Do these people give a damn about people that are out of work or underemployed? God no. They want to spit on them. But one of their millionaire brothers loses $5 million and they act like someone died and as if they cant comprehend the public reaction. These people are no longer human. They have gone insane. Watch Bill ORielly and tell me that he does not belong in an asylum.

    HEY BILL! PEOPLE ARE NOT ANGRY BECAUSE BRIAN IS A LIBERAL! THEY ARE ANGRY BECAUSE HE IS A LIAR! THAT IS WHY THEY ARE MAD AS HELL! WTF DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH HIM BEING A LIBERAL? HE LIED YOU STUPID FREAK! That is why people are angry about it.

    edit- The guy should be fired. This is how stupid the media is. They think that they can bring Williams back after 6 months and all will be forgotten. To start with they thought that a nonsense apology would do. Then they thought that an appearance on Letterman would shut everyone up. And now this. Why not just fire this retarded freak? Because he is a millionaire brother and part of the club? Aww. So sad. He shouldnt have been such a retard. He needs to be fired. Who feels sorry for millionaire liar Brian Williams apart from his disgusting sub human millionaire ilk?
    Last edited by spangledbanner; 02-11-15 at 12:45 AM.

  9. #29
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,240
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Williams Out. Holt In.

    Quote Originally Posted by spangledbanner View Post
    Fox News is reporting this as if someone died. He just got suspended and the guy is a millionaire anyway. What is the big deal? Fox News make me sick the disgusting little ferrets. Whats that little freaks name. Shep. He is acting like someone died. So is Bill OReilly. All of Fox News are. Awww, poor Brian Williams. Awww. So serious. One of our millionaire brothers just lost $5 million just because the petty scum plebs believe in honesty. Aww so sad. Poor Brian. Lets all hope that the stupid public forgets about it. Its been over a week. Havent the stupid slaves moved on to the next bit of nonsense? Aww poor Brian. And lets not pick on poor Brian just because he is a liberal. Lets not be vindictive. Dont be bitter you stupid little slaves.

    These people are sub-human scum. It is such a huge massive deal that one of their millionaire brothers is losing five million and all because the stupid scum public value character.

    Do these people give a damn about people that are out of work or underemployed? God no. They want to spit on them. But one of their millionaire brothers loses $5 million and they act like someone died and as if they cant comprehend the public reaction. These people are no longer human. They have gone insane. Watch Bill ORielly and tell me that he does not belong in an asylum.

    HEY BILL! PEOPLE ARE NOT ANGRY BECAUSE BRIAN IS A LIBERAL! THEY ARE ANGRY BECAUSE HE IS A LIAR! THAT IS WHY THEY ARE MAD AS HELL! WTF DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH HIM BEING A LIBERAL? HE LIED YOU STUPID FREAK! That is why people are angry about it.

    edit- The guy should be fired. This is how stupid the media is. They think that they can bring Williams back after 6 months and all will be forgotten. To start with they thought that a nonsense apology would do. Then they thought that an appearance on Letterman would shut everyone up. And now this. Why not just fire this retarded freak? Because he is a millionaire brother and part of the club? Aww. So sad. He shouldnt have been such a retard. He needs to be fired. Who feels sorry for millionaire liar Brian Williams apart from his disgusting sub human millionaire ilk?
    I get to use this quote again, for the second time tonight:

    I find it petty and juvenile how the left relentlessly attacks an insults Fox News because they don't march in lock-step with their political agenda like the other 7 to 10 network news and cable news outlets do. Their desperation to discredit and ultimately silence Fox is a testament to the threat that Fox poses to them and shows just how dedicated they are to preventing the American people from getting both sides of the story.

  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:49 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,540

    Re: Williams Out. Holt In.

    I guess he didn't learn anything from the Dan Rather incident. lesson learned now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •