Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 98

Thread: Civil Rights Attorneys Sue Ferguson Over 'Debtors Prisons'

  1. #31
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,101

    Re: Civil Rights Attorneys Sue Ferguson Over 'Debtors Prisons'

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    That doesn't mean all. And you need to consider that they are violating traffic laws. So maybe speeding? Or parking illegally? Those laws are in place for a reason. And when you won't pay your fines for breaking simple laws...you should be punished. Driving is a privilege. Not a right.

    When these people hit someone...they won't be paying for it. These people will cause a massive headache for someone if they get into an accident...which is not a far fetched concept.
    Sure laws are in place for a reason, and some of those reasons are good ones. A traffic violation and failing to pay a fee or fine are victimless. Now if someone commits a traffic violation and it involves damage or injuries to someone else then it no longer is victimless is it. You and ludin need to re-read the OP. You guys are defending an argument that isn't there.
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  2. #32
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,561

    Re: Civil Rights Attorneys Sue Ferguson Over 'Debtors Prisons'

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    The Supreme court disagrees with you.
    No they don't. they keep people in prison all the time for breaking the law.
    multiple traffic violations can get you sent to prison.


    I said no such thing. reading is fundamental, you should try it some time.
    then quit trying to get them out of something that they personally did to themselves.


    My sister has a license and insurance and she's been in 7 accidents, all of them her fault. All insurance does is guarantee the ability to pay for damages caused by you. Does nothing in determining the level of safety.
    she is also paying high risk insurance and/or it has been years between accidents and the points have worn off.
    you are wrong and continue to be wrong. insurance isn't about you it is about protecting other people from your sister.

    if she didn't have insurance I expect her to go to jail and have her car impounded as is the law in most states.

  3. #33
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,561

    Re: Civil Rights Attorneys Sue Ferguson Over 'Debtors Prisons'

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    Sure laws are in place for a reason, and some of those reasons are good ones. A traffic violation and failing to pay a fee or fine are victimless. Now if someone commits a traffic violation and it involves damage or injuries to someone else then it no longer is victimless is it. You and ludin need to re-read the OP. You guys are defending an argument that isn't there.
    no traffic violations are not victimless they are there to prevent people from being victims.
    no we are just countering your claims that are wrong.

    parking violations depending on what they are put other people at risk.

  4. #34
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,101

    Re: Civil Rights Attorneys Sue Ferguson Over 'Debtors Prisons'

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    No they don't. they keep people in prison all the time for breaking the law.
    multiple traffic violations can get you sent to prison.
    You need to read Williams v Illinois, Tate v Short, and Bearden v Georgia.

    then quit trying to get them out of something that they personally did to themselves.
    I'm not. I have said repeatedly that they should be penalized and giving examples of penalties. Incarceration shouldn't be one of them.

    she is also paying high risk insurance and/or it has been years between accidents and the points have worn off.
    you are wrong and continue to be wrong. insurance isn't about you it is about protecting other people from your sister.
    That's what I said. It guarantees payment for one's damage. Maybe you need to go to this site: Reading Is Fundamental

    if she didn't have insurance I expect her to go to jail and have her car impounded as is the law in most states.
    Driving without insurance is another example of victimless crime. It should be penalized, but not by incarceration.
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  5. #35
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,101

    Re: Civil Rights Attorneys Sue Ferguson Over 'Debtors Prisons'

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    no traffic violations are not victimless they are there to prevent people from being victims.
    no we are just countering your claims that are wrong.

    parking violations depending on what they are put other people at risk.
    I changes lanes this morning without signaling on the way to work. Who is the victim?
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  6. #36
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,619

    Re: Civil Rights Attorneys Sue Ferguson Over 'Debtors Prisons'

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    I changes lanes this morning without signaling on the way to work. Who is the victim?
    "I drove home from the bar drunk as hell. Who's the victim?"
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  7. #37
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,561

    Re: Civil Rights Attorneys Sue Ferguson Over 'Debtors Prisons'

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    You need to read Williams v Illinois, Tate v Short, and Bearden v Georgia.
    Which have no bearing on this case.
    not paying a traffic ticket gets you a warrant for a possible arrest.
    having to many parking tickets and or driving on a suspended license or without insurance gets you taken to jail.

    it has nothing to do with debtors prison. it has to do with breaking the law.


    I'm not. I have said repeatedly that they should be penalized and giving examples of penalties. Incarceration shouldn't be one of them.
    to bad that is what happens when you drive without insurance or a license you spend a night in jail and get your car impounded.
    same goes for not paying traffic tickets.


    That's what I said. It guarantees payment for one's damage. Maybe you need to go to this site: Reading Is Fundamental
    So without that you are a danger to the rest of us because you can't protect us against you for your recklessness. you are being an irresponsible driver.


    Driving without insurance is another example of victimless crime. It should be penalized, but not by incarceration.
    No it isn't victimless. you have no idea what you are talking about.

  8. #38
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,561

    Re: Civil Rights Attorneys Sue Ferguson Over 'Debtors Prisons'

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    I changes lanes this morning without signaling on the way to work. Who is the victim?
    the person in the other lane that didn't know you were going to change lanes in front of them and had to slam on their brakes to avoid hitting you.
    there is a reason that they put blinkers on a car.

    or they had to swerve out of the way because you just decided to change lanes without signaling.
    you put other people at risk.

    there is a reason that it is a traffic violation for failure to signal.

  9. #39
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,940

    Re: Civil Rights Attorneys Sue Ferguson Over 'Debtors Prisons'

    so bottom lining this

    the poor can double park, park in handicap spots, never pay a parking meter, never keep their DL renewed, never keep insurance on their car

    wow....

    how about since they are so poor, and cant afford to do the right things with their car, we just take it away

    i am sure there are buses....maybe an hour wait in 10 degrees weather will change some of their minds on what society will and wont allow
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  10. #40
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,101

    Re: Civil Rights Attorneys Sue Ferguson Over 'Debtors Prisons'

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    so bottom lining this

    the poor can double park, park in handicap spots, never pay a parking meter, never keep their DL renewed, never keep insurance on their car

    wow....

    how about since they are so poor, and cant afford to do the right things with their car, we just take it away

    i am sure there are buses....maybe an hour wait in 10 degrees weather will change some of their minds on what society will and wont allow
    Who said this?
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •