Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 155

Thread: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent [W:78]

  1. #71
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Complains about people who oversimplify republican positions

    Oversimplifies liberal positions.
    And yet, I'm guessing you fully approve of one and not the other.

  2. #72
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    If you do not appreciate the idea this is what people think of you, then perhaps you ought to reflect on WHY this is the view of you.
    If people think I'm a shill for this school, despite the fact I signed up on the forums nearly two years ago, then I guess the old saying "you can't fix stupid" comes into play.

    If someone is so dumb as to think I'm a shill for this school, then I don't guess I really care much why someone would be so stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    False. It doesn't get more true by stating a falsehood again.
    But it's not false. An oversimplification, perhaps, but not false.

    First, can you show me one such Republican that wants to abolish all assistance to the poor?
    I can show you many statements from Republicans complaining about governmental assistance to the poor.

    False. Again, patently false.
    Um, no, it's not false.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    How about trying to give one that isn't a personal insult?
    It's hard when it's such a perfect setup...

    I and others disagree with you
    Yes. You're disagreeing about something which has been said numerous times. I cannot help the fact you're denying truth.

    Now, if you could address in an adult way what it is about this "poll" that is any way NOT propaganda.
    It's not a poll, it's an assignment.

    Start with the limited and obviously left wing oriented options...if this is a survey where is "give to the poor with financial responsibility"
    It's not a survey. Seriously, read the article. I've told you to do this twice now, please respond next time with some evidence that you've bothered to read. Thank you.

    which is no one's ideology not matter how many times you insist every Republican on the face of the earth wants no help.
    I've said nothing of the sort. It's amazing how hard it is for some people to actually comprehend an argument that isn't overly simplistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I already said they do NOT claim a position they just do it. See my prior post.
    And I've already explained why that is completely irrelevant in the context of this discussion. See my numerous prior posts.

    Says you. I know differently as I have Democratic friends who would see no issue with the question in the OP.
    I wasn't talking about the question in the OP, I was talking about the immigration thing.

    God, it is so hard to debate with people who cannot remember what they are talking about.

    Not really, no.
    You can't even remember what we're discussing. I'm not surprised you didn't get this. I'd explain it slower to you, but it's never helped before.
    Last edited by Slyfox696; 02-09-15 at 11:52 PM.

  3. #73
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,484

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    If people think I'm a shill for this school, despite the fact I signed up on the forums nearly two years ago, then I guess the old saying "you can't fix stupid" comes into play.

    If someone is so dumb as to think I'm a shill for this school, then I don't guess I really care much why someone would be so stupid.
    But it's not false. An oversimplification, perhaps, but not false.

    I can show you many statements from Republicans complaining about governmental assistance to the poor.

    Um, no, it's not false.
    It's hard when it's such a perfect setup...

    Yes. You're disagreeing about something which has been said numerous times. I cannot help the fact you're denying truth.

    It's not a poll, it's an assignment.

    It's not a survey. Seriously, read the article. I've told you to do this twice now, please respond next time with some evidence that you've bothered to read. Thank you.

    I've said nothing of the sort. It's amazing how hard it is for some people to actually comprehend an argument that isn't overly simplistic.
    And I've already explained why that is completely irrelevant in the context of this discussion. See my numerous prior posts.

    I wasn't talking about the question in the OP, I was talking about the immigration thing.

    God, it is so hard to debate with people who cannot remember what they are talking about.

    You can't even remember what we're discussing. I'm not surprised you didn't get this. I'd explain it slower to you, but it's never helped before.
    As I suspected...all hot air.

    There is this new invention...it's called Google. Try it. You might learn something though I doubt it..you seem to know it all
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  4. #74
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    As I suspected...all hot air.
    Just as I suspected...you haven't even read the article.

    There is this new invention...it's called Google. Try it.
    What am I supposed to Google? Am I supposed to Google "Why do people post about something they know nothing about"?
    you seem to know it all
    Well, I at least read the article. How about you try it?

    You keep trying to complain this assignment was something more than an assignment, when even the mother of the student said it was an assignment. Again, read the article.

  5. #75
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's what the Nazis said, too.


    How many Nazis who did what they were told to do did Hitler fire?

    Fill us in.

  6. #76
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    But it's not false. An oversimplification, perhaps, but not false.
    It isn't an over simplification, it is a lie. That is like claiming that all Italians are in the mafia and then trying to pass it off as an "over simplification". No, it's just a lie. It is nothing but a falsehood passed off as fact. I also note that you have failed to come up with even one Republican that believes what you say all Republicans believe. It's a bad lie and you have been called on it.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  7. #77
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    I worried about two things in school. My car and my chick. Yes, in that order.
    Must be in your fifties
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #78
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Moderator's Warning:
    School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent [W:78]Everyone needs to cease the personal attacks and accusations.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #79
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Umm, unless you're just incredibly stupid, then yes, you can. Put aside the partisanship for a moment and you'll easily see how dumb it was to suggest I was a shill.
    So many responses I'd love to give here...
    Me too. Return on Investment precludes any additional effort.

  10. #80
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I don't see anyone encouraging illegal immigration myself, but even if they are, somehow between Reagan's amnesty and Obama, 12 million arrived here, and now that the total is less than 12 million, it's a CRISIS!!! And it doesn't matter why, really. The fact is illegal immigration is less of a problem in 2105 than at any time since Reagan. Besides, Obama has deported more illegals than any POTUS in recent history. But it's still a CRISIS!! Gosh, can't figure out why that might be.....

    BTW, the people you're saying are getting a 'safe harbor' are children. Yeah, that's awful we're treating them humanly.
    LOL. You touched many of the Prog/Lib talking points in just one paragraph. Well done!

    Ignoring absurd claims like the one that laughingly starts with "the fact is", what is the Prog/Lib plan for the unemployed minorities the left has ignored while handing the keys to the country to illegals? More "its the GOP's fault"? I see cracks in that meme widening.

    That's the issue with the bile this test reveals. The message in the specific question comes from the left. The test is attempting to drive home a lie told by the left. Call it propaganda confirmation of messaging. Just like the BS in your post, it's not even supported by facts, yet you typed them in and posted them as if it were true.
    Last edited by ocean515; 02-10-15 at 08:07 AM.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •