Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 155

Thread: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent [W:78]

  1. #141
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,613

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    On this one, the president is merely the worst in long line of bad. Reagan had eight years, Bush four Clinton eight, Bush eight for a total of 36 years and no one mentioned anything about a fence. Obama has had six and counting and he too has played word games..."amnesty" by pen and phone is what? An elite cadre who get to stay just like the other 12 million [a figure I say is low] who he won't kick out. In other words another faux fight with America's real enemies, Republicans.

    I learned about this issue as a boy crossing into the US to visit and then to live, having the car searched almost every time and wondering why...if Mexicans can just walk across a creek. That was over 5 decades ago and I still ask that....only not to border guards who have a huge anger issue to start with.

    No, what's needed is a special prosecutor with unlimited budget and powers and a fence. Never mind the alligators,. one good electrified fence will get 'er done
    The Congress has a role to play in this little drama as well, since (contrary to popular belief) the US actually has three branches of government and is not ruled over by an autocrat. That said, neither body has done squat about illegal immigration since the Eisenhower administration, and that's just a historical fact.

    The mantra that the Democrats want to extend amnesty and keep allowing the coyotes to decide who gets to come here from south of the border, while the Republicans want to keep American sovereignty in place, is only half right.
    The big political donors decide this issue, and they like the cheap labor.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #142
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,424

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Were Jim Crow laws Constitutional when they were supported by the Supreme Court,
    For all intents and purposes, yes.

    or did future courts overturn a grievous error in previous courts?
    They ruled those laws unconstitutional, thus for all intents and purposes those laws were constitutional until they were ruled later to be unconstitutional.

    Do you believe that the Citizens United decision reflects the Constitution?
    What I believe is irrelevant. The federal courts are the ultimate arbiters of what is and is not constitutional. If the Supreme Court ruled this year that every citizen has a constitutional right to government provided toiletries then for all intents and purposes every citizen would have that constitutional right until a future court overturned that decision.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  3. #143
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,507

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    The Congress has a role to play in this little drama as well, since (contrary to popular belief) the US actually has three branches of government and is not ruled over by an autocrat. That said, neither body has done squat about illegal immigration since the Eisenhower administration, and that's just a historical fact.

    The mantra that the Democrats want to extend amnesty and keep allowing the coyotes to decide who gets to come here from south of the border, while the Republicans want to keep American sovereignty in place, is only half right.
    The big political donors decide this issue, and they like the cheap labor.

    I'd like to give that two thanks.

    We can add the courts as well. I have not seen where there has been much progress there either. In fact I suggest there may be a handful of state politicians in Texas and New Mexico, but that's about it.

    And while big money and movie stars get cheap labour, the nation is saddled with the financial and human costs of gang violence, drugs, poverty from drugs and crowded over priced prisons....not to mention all the desirable immigration that gets fed up waiting and chooses Canada instead. We love immigrants, legal ones.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  4. #144
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    Fourth Nuremberg Principle.



    Wrong. People don't get fired for doing what they are lawfully ordered to do.

  5. #145
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent [W:7

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent claims | Fox News




    Nothing sinister or unhealthy about subjecting your kids to today's indoctrinations at the old schoolhouse, I'm sure.
    Well hopefully those kids have parents who can talk a bit more indepth on the subject.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #146
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    The Congress has a role to play in this little drama as well, since (contrary to popular belief) the US actually has three branches of government and is not ruled over by an autocrat. That said, neither body has done squat about illegal immigration since the Eisenhower administration, and that's just a historical fact.

    The mantra that the Democrats want to extend amnesty and keep allowing the coyotes to decide who gets to come here from south of the border, while the Republicans want to keep American sovereignty in place, is only half right.
    The big political donors decide this issue, and they like the cheap labor.
    Yep, further demonstration of the "dimes thickness of difference in the two parties".
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #147
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    But he said the issue had been fueled by EAG, a media group with an anti-public education agenda.
    Should this be surprising?

    Edit to add: Less surprising Fox picked this trash up.

  8. #148
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,145
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Probably from the same folks who came up with this lovely comparison:

    hitlerBush.jpg

  9. #149
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    On this one, the president is merely the worst in long line of bad. Reagan had eight years, Bush four Clinton eight, Bush eight for a total of 36 years and no one mentioned anything about a fence. Obama has had six and counting and he too has played word games..."amnesty" by pen and phone is what? An elite cadre who get to stay just like the other 12 million [a figure I say is low] who he won't kick out. In other words another faux fight with America's real enemies, Republicans.

    I learned about this issue as a boy crossing into the US to visit and then to live, having the car searched almost every time and wondering why...if Mexicans can just walk across a creek. That was over 5 decades ago and I still ask that....only not to border guards who have a huge anger issue to start with.

    No, what's needed is a special prosecutor with unlimited budget and powers and a fence. Never mind the alligators,. one good electrified fence will get 'er done
    I'm not so convinced on the fence thing. Too much land to cover, and too many shovels. If the illegals and cartels can build tunnels under a city, the fence doesn't stand a chance.

    I'm all for dark ages like reign of judicial terror coming down on employers who knowingly hire illegals. Immediate deportation of illegals when caught, screw their families, they already decided to do that themselves.

    Approached that way, the problem takes care of itself over the course of a few years.

  10. #150
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent [W:7

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent claims | Fox News




    Nothing sinister or unhealthy about subjecting your kids to today's indoctrinations at the old schoolhouse, I'm sure.
    Topics about individual plants for political parties outside of a historical topic should be outside of any school curriculum. The place of school is to educate about facts and not opinions.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •