Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 155

Thread: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent [W:78]

  1. #131
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    Children don't need to be taught about political ideologies. It is better that they can write understandable sentences and do basic arithmetic. I even went through college in the old days without a single mention of anything political in any of my classes (I didn't take political science.) All of my classes stayed on subject. Apparently we don't do that any more.
    Have you noticed how many people today cannot properly distinguish between, and use “there”, “their” and “they're”; or “your” and “you're”? My generation did not get past elementary school without learning this. Basic literacy.

    I guess today, we have so much politically-corrupt crap that is being taught in schools, that there's no longer enough time to teach the basics that students are going to need to function in society.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  2. #132
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,409

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    A very prominent portion of Obama's stated policies are blatantly unconstitutional. This is not a matter of political opinion, but of objective fact.

    An essential purpose of social studies classes would be to teach about the Constitution, and the limits that it is supposed to impose on government. What is a teacher to do, charged with teaching this, against a backdrop of a government that blatantly violates the Constitution?
    Well if you paid attention in Social Studies you would know that the federal courts and ultimately the Supreme Court are who determines what is and is not constitutional. My opinion, your opinion, and that Social Studies teacher's opinion on what is and is not constitutional is irrelevant unless we are quoting case law.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  3. #133
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Well if you paid attention in Social Studies you would know that the federal courts and ultimately the Supreme Court are who determines what is and is not constitutional. My opinion, your opinion, and that Social Studies teacher's opinion on what is and is not constitutional is irrelevant unless we are quoting case law.
    Not only is that an opinion, but it is a very obviously wrong opinion; as ought to be obvious from the many court rulings which directly contradict the Constitution, while fraudulently purporting to uphold it. For example, in the face of the text of the Constitution which affirms the people's right to keep and bear arms, and forbids this right from being infringed, any court ruling which upholds any authority to infringe that right.

    Jefferson himself warned against exactly this error which you have foolishly embraced.

    “You seem to consider the federal judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions, a very dangerous doctrine, indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy. Our judges are as honest as other men, and not more so. They have with others the same passions for the party, for power and the privilege of the corps. Their power is the more dangerous, as they are in office for life and not responsible, as the other functionaries are, to the elective control. The Constitution has erected no such single tribunal, knowing that to whatever hands confided, with the corruptions of time and party, its members would become despots. It has more wisely made all departments co-equal and co-sovereign within themselves.” — Thomas Jefferson, 1820
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  4. #134
    Professor
    Bigfoot 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-01-15 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    The paradigm itself is screwed up as well.
    "I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money." -Thomas Sowell

  5. #135
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    It's all about them, just ignore the fact that two thirds of every gang member stole into the country...

    One massive haul and deportations virtually destroys the drug gangs overnight, reduces their number by two thirds cut illegal drugs sales by half at least....and Obama says no?

    Nope, still not getting this policy
    I overheard a news report the other day that pegged the illegal alien population above the 11-12 million that gets thrown around. What caught my ear was the estimate that 60% of the illegal population calls California home.

    I'm one of those who finds themselves saying, "I remember when...." and then "Oh crap, that was 50 years ago". Southern California certainly had it's places, and it's moments, but it was a place where dreams could come true. Today, all the illegals have transformed the place into a reflection of the failed culture they helped create back in their home countries.

    Gangs kill on a regular basis, and there are parts of my own town where I live that Police won't enter without backup.

    And I don't get this policy either. I say follow the strings to those who make the President dance.

  6. #136
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,981

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    And again, no you haven't.
    I obviously have.

    Demonstrably false!
    No, proven true.

    All of your "evidence" is of Republicans passing funding bills for the poor that actually spend money on the poor.
    No, they weren't. They were examples of Republicans cutting or rejecting to spend taxpayer money on the poor. Did you even read the articles? Because you don't seem to have any idea what they said.

    No, it's not what they said. Did the Republicans pass bills that fund those programs or not?
    No, they didn't. They (House Republicans) voted to cut food stamps, they (Republican governors) rejected Medicaid expansion and nothing has been done about SSDI since they (House Republicans) introduced the road block to pay for SSDI.

    Seriously, did you even read the articles?

    I know, right? We can send a man to the moon but we can't make a web browser that allows you to scroll back.
    Oh, I could easily scroll back, but even the ease of scrolling back isn't worth the effort, especially since you apparently didn't even read the articles I posted.

    When you decide to put some effort and objectivity in this discussion, we can talk about me scrolling back. But all I've ever seen from you in this thread is the same attempt to protect your team over and over and over again.

  7. #137
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,685

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    No, they weren't. They were examples of Republicans cutting or rejecting to spend taxpayer money on the poor. Did you even read the articles? Because you don't seem to have any idea what they said.
    It's stays a lie no matter how many times you say it, you know. Did the bills that the Republicans passed spend money on the poor or not? You know they did. Is that proof that the Republicans don't want to spend any money on the poor as you claim? No it is not.

    No, they didn't. They (House Republicans) voted to cut food stamps, they (Republican governors) rejected Medicaid expansion and nothing has been done about SSDI since they (House Republicans) introduced the road block to pay for SSDI.
    Do Republican lead states have Medicaid? Yes. Did Republicans in the House fund food stamps? Yes. Your bull crap interpretation that anything but an increase in welfare spending is equal to no spending on the poor is not as compelling as you seem to think.

    I know I will never get you to back off your idiotic argument, but I keep it going so that others on the fence can get an eyeful of how intellectually busted the left (oh, sorry... "moderate" ) actually is.

    Seriously, did you even read the articles?
    Of course I did. I'm starting to think you didn't, though. Hell, I question if you even read your excerpts at this point.

    Oh, I could easily scroll back, but even the ease of scrolling back isn't worth the effort, especially since you apparently didn't even read the articles I posted.
    Oh, how typical. You are intellectually dishonest to the bone.

    When you decide to put some effort and objectivity in this discussion, we can talk about me scrolling back. But all I've ever seen from you in this thread is the same attempt to protect your team over and over and over again.
    Oh, I am being supremely objective, and far too patient with you. You present evidence that Republicans passed bills that spend money on the poor and I point out to you that this is not evidence that Republicans don't spend money on the poor. You keep glossing over that argument and issuing the intellectual equivalent of "Nuh-UH!! I'M NOT LISTENING! I'M NOT LISTENING!"
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  8. #138
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,685

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Well if you paid attention in Social Studies you would know that the federal courts and ultimately the Supreme Court are who determines what is and is not constitutional. My opinion, your opinion, and that Social Studies teacher's opinion on what is and is not constitutional is irrelevant unless we are quoting case law.
    Were Jim Crow laws Constitutional when they were supported by the Supreme Court, or did future courts overturn a grievous error in previous courts?

    Do you believe that the Citizens United decision reflects the Constitution?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  9. #139
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,981

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    It's stays a lie no matter how many times you say it, you know.
    Except it's not a lie, as I've proven multiple times now.

    Do Republican lead states have Medicaid?
    Did they expand Medicaid to help those who need it? No, they blocked it.

    Did Republicans in the House fund food stamps?
    They tried to cut food stamps.

    I think it's funny how obtuse one can be when it comes to their favorite political party.

    I know I will never get you to back off your idiotic argument
    Nothing idiotic about it when I have verifiable proof Republicans have said the very thing on the test.

    intellectually busted the left (oh, sorry... "moderate" ) actually is.
    I think it's funny how, in the same time you're calling "the left" intellectually busted, you assume that anyone who doesn't believe exactly like you has to be in direct opposition to your favorite political team.

    I believe that's called irony.

    Of course I did.
    Obviously not, if you're trying to claim Republicans haven't said we shouldn't waste taxpayer money on programs targeted towards the poor.

    I understand what you're saying. It's just dumb. You're trying to say because there are government programs towards the poor, this is undeniable proof Republicans have never claimed we shouldn't spend taxpayer money on the poor. The problem with your position is it doesn't make sense. Allow me a parallel example.

    Let's say you're starving. I give you half a slice of bread and then tell you I will not give you anymore because it's a waste to give you more bread. Your position is that because I gave you half a slice, then obviously I've never said it's a waste to give you bread. The problem with that is I HAVE said it's a waste to give you bread, despite the fact I already gave you half a slice.

    You're completely wrong. And I suspect you know this, you just refuse to admit it because it hurts your favorite team.

    Oh, how typical. You are intellectually dishonest to the bone.
    There's nothing dishonest about it. I literally have no desire to scroll back up to read whatever inane question you asked, given your propensity to completely ignore the facts which have been thrown in your face.

    If you feel the question you asked was important, then you would ask it again. If you don't think it's important, you won't. It's up to you.

    Oh, I am being supremely objective
    No, you're not. You're claiming Republicans have never claimed we shouldn't waste taxpayer money on programs targeted to the poor, even when being shown irrefutable evidence of Republicans who have claimed just that. In no world would that be considered objective.

    You're a team player when it comes to politics.
    You present evidence that Republicans passed bills
    More dishonesty. Not one of my links showed Republicans passing any bills which would provide benefits to those who need it. The closest you have is a link which shows Republicans CUTTING benefits to those who need it. Like I said, you are not displaying any objectivity.

    You keep glossing over that argument and issuing the intellectual equivalent of "Nuh-UH!! I'M NOT LISTENING! I'M NOT LISTENING!"
    You're not. You're denying the evidence which has been shown before you. More than that, you are claiming the articles show something they clearly do not. All because you wear a cheerleading outfit.

  10. #140
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,429

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    I overheard a news report the other day that pegged the illegal alien population above the 11-12 million that gets thrown around. What caught my ear was the estimate that 60% of the illegal population calls California home.

    I'm one of those who finds themselves saying, "I remember when...." and then "Oh crap, that was 50 years ago". Southern California certainly had it's places, and it's moments, but it was a place where dreams could come true. Today, all the illegals have transformed the place into a reflection of the failed culture they helped create back in their home countries.

    Gangs kill on a regular basis, and there are parts of my own town where I live that Police won't enter without backup.

    And I don't get this policy either. I say follow the strings to those who make the President dance.


    On this one, the president is merely the worst in long line of bad. Reagan had eight years, Bush four Clinton eight, Bush eight for a total of 36 years and no one mentioned anything about a fence. Obama has had six and counting and he too has played word games..."amnesty" by pen and phone is what? An elite cadre who get to stay just like the other 12 million [a figure I say is low] who he won't kick out. In other words another faux fight with America's real enemies, Republicans.

    I learned about this issue as a boy crossing into the US to visit and then to live, having the car searched almost every time and wondering why...if Mexicans can just walk across a creek. That was over 5 decades ago and I still ask that....only not to border guards who have a huge anger issue to start with.

    No, what's needed is a special prosecutor with unlimited budget and powers and a fence. Never mind the alligators,. one good electrified fence will get 'er done
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •