Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 155

Thread: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent [W:78]

  1. #91
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,878

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent [W:7

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent claims | Fox News




    Nothing sinister or unhealthy about subjecting your kids to today's indoctrinations at the old schoolhouse, I'm sure.
    Hmmm...

    Stupid teacher...

    Everyone knows the correct answer for #6 is "B".
    TANSTAAFL

    An armed society is a polite society.
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  2. #92
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    They believe we shouldn't spend money on those who need it.
    Well, again, false. But this new proclamation of yours is a far cry from your initial point that Republicans don't want to provide any money to the poor. Your evidence is that Republicans oppose certain increases in welfare programs which is actually my counter argument. So, again, thanks for disproving your point.


    That's been the point from the very beginning. Also, you'll notice the other two examples were (possible/attempted) CUTS to existing programs, not expansions.
    No, it hasn't. The supposedly "true" statement in the quiz question was a blanket statement regarding money for the poor in general, what you have provided is evidence that Republicans in some cases support maintaining current funding for the poor.

    Geez, you could at least address the points honestly, not simply cherry pick the ones you think you can address.
    I am addressing the point honestly. You are the one moving the goal posts and claiming outright lies are "simplifications".
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  3. #93
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent [W:7

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Hmmm...

    Stupid teacher...

    Everyone knows the correct answer for #6 is "B".
    Well, Both A and B.

    Also noted the teacher uses the leftist lie that Fascism is the right wing extreme even though many of the extreme fascist positions are left wing.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Well, again, false.
    No, it's not.

    But this new proclamation of yours is a far cry from your initial point that Republicans don't want to provide any money to the poor.
    That wasn't my proclamation. Good God, do you think you could have the decency to actually respond to what I say, instead of what you want to pretend I said?

    Your evidence is that Republicans oppose certain increases in welfare programs
    Cutting food stamps is not an increase. Quit posting lies.

    I am addressing the point honestly.
    No, you are not. You ignore evidence when it is inconvenient and you have posted lies about my position. That is not posting honestly.

  5. #95
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    No, it's not.
    Yes it is.

    That wasn't my proclamation. Good God, do you think you could have the decency to actually respond to what I say, instead of what you want to pretend I said?
    You said:

    But it's not false. An oversimplification, perhaps, but not false.
    It is false BECAUSE it is an over simplification. This is born out by the simply fact that the ACTUAL evidence you provide does not support the original blanket statement.

    Quod erat demonstrandum

    Is saying "Italians are mobsters" an "oversimplification" or simply false?

    Cutting food stamps is not an increase. Quit posting lies.
    I never said anything about Republican increases. Also, do you not understand what "some cases" means?

    No, you are not. You ignore evidence when it is inconvenient and you have posted lies about my position. That is not posting honestly.
    I don't ignore any evidence. You support the statement made in the quiz and the statement is false. This is simply proven by your own evidence. If the quiz statement were true the evidence you provided would show Republicans pushing a reduction in benefits to zero, which they don't.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  6. #96
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,580

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Among all of the rhetoric and accusations that this "worksheet" has generated on this forum, has anyone actually confirmed that the story is real, and not just something somebody dreamed up?

    Maybe I missed it.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #97
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Yes it is.
    Nope.
    You said:

    It is false BECAUSE it is an over simplification.
    No, oversimplification does not mean false.
    This is born out by the simply fact that the ACTUAL evidence you provide does not support the original blanket statement.
    Yes, it is.

    I've provided many examples of Republicans claiming we shouldn't be wasting taxpayer money on programs targeted to the poor. For you to continue to deny this, even after being provided specific examples, is just mind-boggling.

  8. #98
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Among all of the rhetoric and accusations that this "worksheet" has generated on this forum, has anyone actually confirmed that the story is real, and not just something somebody dreamed up?

    Maybe I missed it.
    Seems legit:
    Wisconsin high school under fire for assignment on political ideology
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #99
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    No, oversimplification does not mean false.
    Of course it does. The universal claim in the statement is demonstrably false.

    Yes, it is.

    I've provided many examples of Republicans claiming we shouldn't be wasting taxpayer money on programs targeted to the poor. For you to continue to deny this, even after being provided specific examples, is just mind-boggling.
    No you are not. nowhere in your evidence does a republican say that spending money on the poor is a waste. What you show is Republicans deciding on the amount of money necessary for the program. What you have done with the language is like saying a family that decides to spend $40 for dinner rather than $50 believes that feeding their kids is a waste of money.

    Also, I notice you have skipped answering my questions... again.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  10. #100
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: School worksheet tells kids GOP thinks helping poor 'waste of money,' parent clai

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Of course it does. The universal claim in the statement is demonstrably false.
    Obviously not, as I've already proven it true.

    No you are not. nowhere in your evidence does a republican say that spending money on the poor is a waste.
    They have said programs which are targeted towards the poor are not worthy of taxpayer money.

    It's exactly what they have said. I think it's funny how hard you're trying to cover for your team here.

    Also, I notice you have skipped answering my questions... again.
    Oh, I didn't even read the rest of your last post. In fact, I almost didn't read the rest of this one. What question did I skip?

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •