Page 75 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 869

Thread: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses[W:344,535,718]

  1. #741
    One with the Force
    LaylaWindu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,964

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Are we suggesting that being against intolerance is bigotry?

    Well, there are two responses to that..beginning with so what? You don't like pay back?

    And

    two, no it isn't, you are not bleeding
    Yes that was the suggestion and it failed.
    "We are never done with lessons, not while we live"

  2. #742
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by LaylaWindu View Post
    Yes that was the suggestion and it failed.
    No, your response failed as shown.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #743
    One with the Force
    LaylaWindu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,964

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    This would be being dishonest in argument.
    What you have provided is a changed and incomplete definition.
    Anyone can pick up an old Merriam-webster's and see the changes made, while most of the dictionaries on the net haven't limited their definitions.


    When you Google "intolerant" the most prevalent meaning is returned
    in·tol·er·ant
    ˌinˈtäl(ə)rənt/
    adjective
    adjective: intolerant

    not tolerant of views, beliefs, or behavior that differ from one's own.
    "he was intolerant of ignorance"

    https://www.google.com/search?q=into...utf-8&oe=utf-8


    The Free dictionary contains the definitions of multiple source.
    intolerant - definition of intolerant by The Free Dictionary
    Which again shows that the word is not limited in usage as you tried to suggest with what you provided.

    The opposing position is as intolerable and bigoted as those that it opposes.
    I changed nothing nor was anything dishonest nor did I try to limit anything, but thanks for your opinion.
    "We are never done with lessons, not while we live"

  4. #744
    One with the Force
    LaylaWindu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,964

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No, your response failed as shown.
    Come again? What response?

    So you can show an example of how I'm a bigot or was intolerant? Please do so now thanks?
    "We are never done with lessons, not while we live"

  5. #745
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by LaylaWindu View Post
    I changed nothing nor was anything dishonest nor did I try to limit anything, but thanks for your opinion.
    1. Your argument was dishonest.
    2. I never said you changed it. Which does not refute the fact that is a changed definition from that previously held. As I said, all one has to do is pick up an old Merriam-Websters to find that out.
    3. This reply from you is also dishonest as you did limit the known definition to that which you provided when the word actually applies to the opposition views as it does to that which it opposes.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #746
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by LaylaWindu View Post
    Come again? What response?

    So you can show an example of how I'm a bigot or was intolerant? Please do so now thanks?
    I see you fail to understand that which you read.

    I never said you were.
    I clearly pointed out that your reply failed, as the word applies to one side as it does to the other.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #747
    One with the Force
    LaylaWindu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,964

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    1. Your argument was dishonest.
    2. I never said you changed it. Which does not refute the fact that is a changed definition from that previously held. As I said, all one has to do is pick up an old Merriam-Websters to find that out.
    3. This reply from you is also dishonest as you did limit the known definition to that which you provided when the word actually applies to the opposition views as it does to that which it opposes.
    What argument? I didn't make one I asked a person to back up their claim. Seems you need to reread the thread.
    Websters is where I got it from but the definition has nothing to do with anything since I made no argument.
    Nope there was no limit I simply highlighted and copied the main part on the page.
    Like I said thanks for your opinion.
    "We are never done with lessons, not while we live"

  8. #748
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,457

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by LaylaWindu View Post
    Palin is a ****, slut and whore? Do they know her? hahaha jokes aside yeah that's excessive. I mean I don't think highly of her on a national level but those words don't come to mind at all. Especially the C-Word, in america society has pretty much determined that's a pretty low word and it's usage needs saved for special moments.

    Yeah I was in the baby banning thread, I only made one post though. That idea is silly and excessive also but I did admit I'm surprised that some marketing scheme has picked this idea up and ran with it yet.

    I agree "internet culture" is very different from real life. I wonder if the differences are a phony one or real one though. Meaning are the people on line for real and are just hiding those feelings in real life or are most of them just desperate for attention.

    Ignore? I'm not familiar with that, I'm pretty capable of just ignoring some people on my own when I want and some times they are fun to play with like earlier in this thread. In the future I might use it though, how does it work?


    Why are we here?

    Sometimes, but not often the radicalism is posed. A psychologist friend of mine who began lurking these sites because of my involvement says it is a way for very "committed people" to voice feelings that would be viewed as unacceptable in face to face life or what I call 3D. In a way it's a kind of comfort food, a place where you can be validated in your belief Nazism was the world's greatest loss....I can give you the site.

    For others, it is a means of contributing, positively or negatively in the system that is either failing them or saving them, and in this forum some people who truly are fighting for their country. Me? Entertainment.

    You "ignore" by clicking on the posters avatar, going to their site and clicking on "add to ignore list". Their comments are then hidden from your view. I find it saves a lot of time and headaches dealing out the irrelevant, trolls, ignorant and people who call women whores sluts and co forth. Like you I am extremely intolerant of bigotry and have little time for character assassination. If a poster can't argue on merit, they have no value to my entertainment.

    BTW, Sarah Palin's policies are just about as close as you could get to the opposite of mine. All I know is there is a segment of America in whom there is an intense, unhealthy hatred...a personal hatred that I find sickening.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  9. #749
    One with the Force
    LaylaWindu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,964

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I see you fail to understand that which you read.

    I never said you were.
    I clearly pointed out that your reply failed, as the word applies to one side as it does to the other.
    Yes that seems to be your problem.
    My reply didn't fail because it was a question. It never said there were no sides to anything hahaha.
    What ever dilemma you have with my question is a self invented one and has nothing to do with me or my question.
    "We are never done with lessons, not while we live"

  10. #750
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Are we suggesting that being against intolerance is bigotry?

    Well, there are two responses to that..beginning with so what? You don't like pay back?

    And

    two, no it isn't, you are not bleeding
    Payback for what? I haven't made any bigoted remarks. And there are ways to "be against intolerance" without likening people to murderers and child molesters. Surely you understand this.

    If you do remember the days of being forced to sit at the back of the bus, I'd urge you to also remember the example of those most responsible for leading the fight to the front. Good day.

Page 75 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •