Page 64 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 869

Thread: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses[W:344,535,718]

  1. #631
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    So in your view, most gay people in Alabama don't truly have a right to get married, because they're not being recognized?
    I was trying to be more coy, but yeah that is essentially what he just said.

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  2. #632
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses[W:344,535,718]

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    You know, I just heard a disgraceful clip of none other than Supreme Court Justice Ruth Ginsberg. She was talking to the effect that it's going to happen, it's coming, blah, blah, blah.

    One problem. This case is before the court right now. It is unethical for her to speak about out it. Of, course she is obliged to recuse herself from the case. I'm guessing she does not have the integrity to do the right thing.

    As an aside, she forgot to mention that the court is bound to make their decision based on the Constitution. How sad.
    I think she's reached an age where she no longer gives a shot what others think of her, and no longer feels the need to follow unwritten rules. Case in point - today she admitted and even laughed about being drunk and passing out at Obama's State of the Union speech:

    Ginsburg: ‘I Wasn’t 100 Percent Sober’ For State Of The Union Address « CBS DC

  3. #633
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Are you for equal rights? Size of a Govt is not relevant.
    Depends, are you talking about the "rights" the entitled set pulls pull out of their ass at every turn, or actual rights? And yes, size matters, your girlfriend is lying to make you feel better.

  4. #634
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses[W:344,535,718]

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    You know, I just heard a disgraceful clip of none other than Supreme Court Justice Ruth Ginsberg. She was talking to the effect that it's going to happen, it's coming, blah, blah, blah.

    One problem. This case is before the court right now. It is unethical for her to speak about out it. Of, course she is obliged to recuse herself from the case. I'm guessing she does not have the integrity to do the right thing.

    As an aside, she forgot to mention that the court is bound to make their decision based on the Constitution. How sad.
    Do you share the same disdain for Scalia and believe that he should recuse himself? Afterall, Scalia also said that it is coming and that the "writing is on the wall". Should Scalia have the "integrity to do the right thing" as well? Or just those who are likely to vote with the majority?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #635
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    There is no "right way" when it comes to achieving basic dignity and equality, and i notice the bigots will find a way to complain regardless, like after DADT repeal, "Lawrence," and "Windsor"

    Their objections don't concern me
    That simply translates out to, "I want my way and I don't care how I get it". Thankfully, we don't govern ourselves like that.

  6. #636
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    racial issues were one of the reasons it was birthed, that in no way means it only applies to racial issues LMAO thats the one of the most illogical and mentally inane "claims" i have ever heard

    its original intent was EQUAL PROTECTION OF THE LAW that fact can't be hidden. its verbiage starts out as ALL PERSONS Nobody educated and honest will ever by that all persons means "just race problems" and that "any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws." means only certain laws and only certain people/issues. good grief lol

    Fact remains your claims are wrong and the actually verbiage of the 14th along with the many court cases simply proves this fact.
    False. The fact is the 14th was a reconstruction amendment. Educated and honest people know this.

  7. #637
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses[W:344,535,718]

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    You know, I just heard a disgraceful clip of none other than Supreme Court Justice Ruth Ginsberg. She was talking to the effect that it's going to happen, it's coming, blah, blah, blah.

    One problem. This case is before the court right now. It is unethical for her to speak about out it. Of, course she is obliged to recuse herself from the case. I'm guessing she does not have the integrity to do the right thing.

    As an aside, she forgot to mention that the court is bound to make their decision based on the Constitution. How sad.
    Did you ever ask Scalia to recuse himself for all his comments prejudging cases? just wondering.

    I don't know what Ginsberg said since you provided no link. But I know Scalia has been very vocal about his position

  8. #638
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,369

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    That's not true. We had those rights well before the Constitution. It just spelled it out, more so in the Declaration, prior to the Constitution.

    And you don't have to believe in any God at all to have them.
    So, when god sends hurricanes and floods and earthquakes, he is just punishing us or disrupting our rights?

    I don't see any official proclaimation from god that states that he gave us our rights. Is he some kind of dictator?

    Evidently he likes Americans the best, he waited all them centuries for our nation to be founded...

    lunacy
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  9. #639
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Oh please.. You wouldn't know the difference between a fact and opinion if it pissed on you.

    But, if you're game and would like to play, care to illustrate how anything I've stated is NOT, in fact, factual? Be specific cupcake.


    Tim-
    weird can you point out where i said "you" stated somethign not factual in this thread? I was talking to another poster and the facts they posted. doth protest too much, methinks
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #640
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    lol WOW
    this is GAINING liberty

    the alternative is losing liberty and having fellow americans still be denied rights

    equal rights winning is actual the measure of how long we accept liberty and rights being oppressed before we change it.

    Everything about your claims is backwards and again the constitution, rights ,laws and court cases all prove that. Thank god are government doesnt work like you want it because we'd all lose freedom and rights.
    You don't gain liberty through tyranny.

Page 64 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •