Page 62 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 869

Thread: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses[W:344,535,718]

  1. #611
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses[W:344,535,718]

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    My bad, the order only forces a single judge to issue marriage licenses to four couples.
    Only if they want to act like children and waste more tax payer money just to fight each and every case which will end the same way.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #612
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    And that would still require the other person to have HIV. If the status of the person's health is unknown to you, then you are practicing unsafe sex, no matter if you have protection or not.

    Plus, which position is the guy in? If you are saying that the guy penetrating has the same potential as the guy being penetrating but only in the case of when he is having sex with a man but not a woman, then you are severely uneducated about how that works. Opposite sex couples can have anal sex.

    Can't bring yourself to admit you made a mistake, eh? Look, I don't care how you read the statistics, I really don't, but if you insist on saying something that clearly is NOT true, I will call you on it. The fact remains that homosexuality, particularly male homosexuality in and of itself, is a risk factor for acquiring HIV. It does not mean that homosexuals cause HIV, nor that by practicing safe sex you will contract it automatically, only that statistically, you're playing with fire, all other things being equal. It should be noted that exclusive female homosexuality is among the lowest rates of STD's of any kind, so there's that, which is a good thing I suppose.

    Oh wait, even though you cited my perfect example to help illustrate how this works, you STILL got it wrong when you said this.

    Plus, which position is the guy in? If you are saying that the guy penetrating has the same potential as the guy being penetrating but only in the case of when he is having sex with a man but not a woman, then you are severely uneducated about how that works. Opposite sex couples can have anal sex.
    Oy Vey.. Head slap? Rogue, are you arguing with me for the sake of arguing now? I illustrated to you exactly how it works with a clear example, that even a 4th grader could understand, and yet, you're showing that you still cannot grasp the concept? I don't think there's an easier way to explain it to you. Your biases here are clearly getting in the way of your reading comprehension?


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  3. #613
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Can't bring yourself to admit you made a mistake, eh? Look, I don't care how you read the statistics, I really don't, but if you insist on saying something that clearly is NOT true, I will call you on it. The fact remains that homosexuality, particularly male homosexuality in and of itself, is a risk factor for acquiring HIV. It does not mean that homosexuals cause HIV, nor that by practicing safe sex you will contract it automatically, only that statistically, you're playing with fire, all other things being equal. It should be noted that exclusive female homosexuality is among the lowest rates of STD's of any kind, so there's that, which is a good thing I suppose.

    Oh wait, even though you cited my perfect example to help illustrate how this works, you STILL got it wrong when you said this.



    Oy Vey.. Head slap? Rogue, are you arguing with me for the sake of arguing now? I illustrated to you exactly how it works with a clear example, that even a 4th grader could understand, and yet, you're showing that you still cannot grasp the concept? I don't think there's an easier way to explain it to you. Your biases here are clearly getting in the way of your reading comprehension?


    Tim-
    No homosexuality is not a risk factor for HIV. Unsafe sex with men is a risk factor. There is a difference. That risk is increased when you are also a man, whether homosexual or not, because of several factors, not the least of which being a much smaller group of people to have consenting sex with. You cannot get HIV from someone who does not have it, no matter how gay you are or how much "homosexual" male sex you have.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #614
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,522

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Moore got the SMACK handed to him.

    It all boils down to him wanting to be a judge that follows "god's law" over the laws of the nation and the state.

    He should be tossed out on his ear...again.
    How about the part where Cuomo said

    “Our rights do not come from God, your honor, and you know that. They come from man... That’s your faith, that’s my faith, but that’s not our country. Our laws come from collective agreement and compromise.”

    You claim Moore got a smack down, yet Cuomo makes this foolish admission. What an idiot. Really? My rights come from man? Gee, who should I be begging for my right to be free? Who gave that to me? Class A jerk.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  5. #615
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No homosexuality is not a risk factor for HIV. Unsafe sex with men is a risk factor. There is a difference. That risk is increased when you are also a man, whether homosexual or not, because of several factors, not the least of which being a much smaller group of people to have consenting sex with. You cannot get HIV from someone who does not have it, no matter how gay you are or how much "homosexual" male sex you have.
    Oh boy.. Ok, well it appears Gina wants us to stop talking about HIV transmission, and I will yield to her warning. I would refer you back to my example I provided and maybe you should read it again very closely, and it may come to you, eventually.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  6. #616
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,535

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    How about the part where Cuomo said

    “Our rights do not come from God, your honor, and you know that. They come from man... That’s your faith, that’s my faith, but that’s not our country. Our laws come from collective agreement and compromise.”

    You claim Moore got a smack down, yet Cuomo makes this foolish admission. What an idiot. Really? My rights come from man? Gee, who should I be begging for my right to be free? Who gave that to me? Class A jerk.
    While I'm impressed by your faith in an invisible man in the sky giving you rights, I kind of wonder that why, if this invisible man actually exists, he only got around to giving rights to people (errr.. well, white male landowners in a specific geographical region) in the late 18th century. Did he not get around to it in the ten thousand years of civillization before that?
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  7. #617
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    How about the part where Cuomo said

    “Our rights do not come from God, your honor, and you know that. They come from man... That’s your faith, that’s my faith, but that’s not our country. Our laws come from collective agreement and compromise.”

    You claim Moore got a smack down, yet Cuomo makes this foolish admission. What an idiot. Really? My rights come from man? Gee, who should I be begging for my right to be free? Who gave that to me? Class A jerk.
    He's right. Rights only truly exist when they are recognized.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #618
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No homosexuality is not a risk factor for HIV. Unsafe sex with men is a risk factor. There is a difference. That risk is increased when you are also a man, whether homosexual or not, because of several factors, not the least of which being a much smaller group of people to have consenting sex with. You cannot get HIV from someone who does not have it, no matter how gay you are or how much "homosexual" male sex you have.
    again some people simply have no interest in facts you word sill just go to waste
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #619
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    He's right. Rights only truly exist when they are recognized.
    Interesting, and I agree, however, who gets to recognize them, and why do they get to do so? It's hard, given your position on gay rights, to deny that in every state that has voted on gay rights specifically, they have been denied the privilege of equal marriage. Yet, it puzzles me how you reconcile the decision of one, or maybe a three person panel of other opinions, over that of an entire collective people? What we have here in Alabama, and in every other state where SSM is now recognized, when it all comes down to it, is a small percentage of people deciding the fate of a very large number of people that oppose their opinions. Doesn't sound like compromise to me, does it to you? Some say, well the will of the majority should not oppress the will of the minority, however, we both know that this really is a play-on-words for the mostly uneducated among us. We have a foundation ingrained in our society we call the constitution which affords states the right, and responsibility to govern themselves. We have a challenge by a small minority to attain special, otherwise previously unrealized rights that are not specifically enumerated within the context of the constitution. It appears we have contradicting amendments, and a disagreement about the kind of rights being sought and how they apply.

    Seems one Federal judge is telling everyone what their rights now are.

    Again, how do YOU, Rogue reconcile what you just said quoted above, with this current brush up?

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  10. #620
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    again some people simply have no interest in facts you word sill just go to waste
    Oh please.. You wouldn't know the difference between a fact and opinion if it pissed on you.

    But, if you're game and would like to play, care to illustrate how anything I've stated is NOT, in fact, factual? Be specific cupcake.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

Page 62 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •