Page 59 of 87 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 869

Thread: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses[W:344,535,718]

  1. #581
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,787

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Moore got the SMACK handed to him.

    It all boils down to him wanting to be a judge that follows "god's law" over the laws of the nation and the state.

    He should be tossed out on his ear...again.
    Yes thats pretty much it, i shudder at the idea that a person in his position ranks his subjective views about gods laws over the laws he is supposed to protect/enforce.

    In his personal life of course . . . while he has that robe on? absolute not, he is an idiot and a moron and i hope he is removed
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #582
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,787

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    It really doesn't. Not if you understand the purpose and intent of the 14th.
    It really it does, all one has to do is read it and simply reference all the court cases/precedence that say so. Especially since there were bannings, the 14th is directly about equal protections and law and thats what the bannings were and thats way the state got corrected, they overreached thier power. This is very basic stuff. Denying it is a dishonest strawman tactic that is losing all over the country.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #583
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,787

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Its so funny how he references Loving and how that was them being allowed to have their guaranteed right to pursuit of happiness, the same thing that homosexuals are looking for when looking to marry someone as the same sex.
    Yep talk about putting egg on his own face . . . wow
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #584
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,787

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I showed you the stats from the CDC. You may deny all you want, but you are wrong. Way more than "zero" people who are not gay and don't use drugs contract HIV in the US, the majority contracting it from heterosexual sexual contact.
    sometimes facts will simply be ignored, doesnt matter though, what you stated is still a fact regardless of detractors and deniers
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #585
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,787

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No, it was aimed specifically at the racial problems we were experiencing at the time. And it doesn't matter one whit how many years have passed, original intent counts just as much with amendments as it does with the Constitution itself or ANY law for that matter.
    racial issues were one of the reasons it was birthed, that in no way means it only applies to racial issues LMAO thats the one of the most illogical and mentally inane "claims" i have ever heard

    its original intent was EQUAL PROTECTION OF THE LAW that fact can't be hidden. its verbiage starts out as ALL PERSONS Nobody educated and honest will ever by that all persons means "just race problems" and that "any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws." means only certain laws and only certain people/issues. good grief lol

    Fact remains your claims are wrong and the actually verbiage of the 14th along with the many court cases simply proves this fact.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #586
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,787

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Obviously it doesn't, or we wouldn't have had many of the unjust and unfair laws overturned throughout the years. Guess what? Most people are quite fine with that fact so long as it is laws they consider unjust or unfair. The only time people whine about it is when the laws are something they support.
    and there you have it, it only means something different when people dont like certain people being protected by it
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #587
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,787

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    The expansion of that principle can happen in only one way, amendment to the Constitution. NOT by judicial fiat. Otherwise, it's a retraction of that principle and expression of federal power over the will of the people.
    Well good thing your strawman doesn't exist then . . its not being "expanded it simply being followed

    the constitution is the will of the people and the fed are protecting it, again many court cases already prove this fact, what do you have that proves otherwise?
    What facts do you have that trumps the constitution, rights, laws and court precedence that all prove your claims wrong?
    Last edited by AGENT J; 02-13-15 at 02:58 AM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #588
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,787

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    That we have suffered from a judicial rewrite of the Constitution and judicial misconduct now used as precedent does not mean I am wrong. It is simply a measure of how much liberty we're willing to sacrifice before we stand up and say enough.
    lol WOW
    this is GAINING liberty

    the alternative is losing liberty and having fellow americans still be denied rights

    equal rights winning is actual the measure of how long we accept liberty and rights being oppressed before we change it.

    Everything about your claims is backwards and again the constitution, rights ,laws and court cases all prove that. Thank god are government doesnt work like you want it because we'd all lose freedom and rights.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #589
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Good to know, because I was kind of wondering, if the the concept of equality with respect to state-recognition of marriage "doesnt begin and end at national and state borders," where does this occur? The middle of the Pacific Ocean? The Moon?

    Absent a state, why is there a natural right to have your marriage recognized by a state?
    Equality as a principle isn't limited to one policy like marriage either. You just don't get it

    It's the insistence that we are not a 2nd class and not inferior. Anything contrary to that, whether in uganda, whether marriage rights or hate speech, we will oppose thru various means

  10. #590
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Well I would have hoped that you'd learned something, but by all means, go back to telling us about how Moore is going to be removed and disbarred for his (completely legal) actions, how the Supreme court in denying a stay says that same-sex licenses must be issued in Alabama, how anyone refusing to issue same-sex licenses is breaking the law and is in contempt of court, and how the judges decision "overturns" state law and is binding statewide.
    Why bother, when you're doing it for us? I'm glad you're in agreement!

Page 59 of 87 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •