Page 53 of 87 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 869

Thread: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses[W:344,535,718]

  1. #521
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NE WI.
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,029

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Unsafe sex with men who have had sex with other men. Homosexual sexual behavior still remains as one of the high risk factors for HIV/AIDS. Although, I'd imagine with the apparent upswing in heterosexual anal sex in the last generation heteroes are catching up.
    `
    I know of a few married heterosexual men who occasionally and very secretly, look for sex with other men. By definition, they are bisexual but would rather die than admit it.

  2. #522
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,807

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    So Rogue or anyone else confused about the subject of HIV transmission and risk factors, take this scenario to make easy for you to understand.

    Heterosexual man has sex with gay man.
    Uses a condom
    No alcohol no drugs
    Heterosexual man has a significant statistical chance of acquiring HIV due to breakage, or anal blood exchanged between them.

    Take the same scenario with heterosexual man has sex with heterosexual woman
    Uses a condom.
    No alcohol no drugs.
    Heterosexual man has statistically zero chance (Statistically zero does not mean zero, zero) of acquiring HIV even if the condom breaks and/or there is an exchange of vaginal fluids or anal bleeding.

    Does it make sense to you now, Rogue?

    Tim-
    So are you trying to argue in favor of reinstating sodomy bans or is this just continuing down an irrelevant tangent?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #523
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    You mean like allowing women to vote in state elections?

    Why, then, did they pass the wholly uneccesary 19th?
    They had to make women full and equal citizens first, then the 14th applied to them.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #524
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    No, it's definitely an argument for same-sex marriage. Marriage promotes monogamy, as any of the right-wingers here will tell you. Monogamy reduces the spread of disease. Yet another state interest in promoting same-sex marriage.

    And we still don't have even a single legitimate state interest in defining marriage as between a man and a woman while excluding homosexual couples, failing to pass even the lowest tier of constitutional scrutiny under the 14th amendment.
    Oh, well then it must also an argument for forced castration. Castration makes anal sex impossible, as any of the left-wingers here will tell you. The wholesale reduction in the rate of anal sex reduces the spread of disease. Yet another state interest in forced castration of MSM.


  5. #525
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    They had to make women full and equal citizens first, then the 14th applied to them.
    Perhaps, then, you've never heard of the ERA?

  6. #526
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I understand the purpose. You don't. You want it to apply narrowly, only to race. Don't know why you think unequal protection based on other characteristics was ever desired by anybody, and I don't know why you desire unequal protection. But I don't care.

    You are arguing against individual liberty and trying to twist the constitution to fit your belief. The original intent of the birth of this country was to stop people like you.
    Really? I know you know more about the founding of this country than you display with this post Deuce. No, the birth of this country was to ensure equal representation and ownership for the white, male people doing the work. Some at the time argued that all races (males only) should have stake in that too. Sexual freedom was not even close to being on the radar.

  7. #527
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,807

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Oh, well then it must also an argument for forced castration. Castration makes anal sex impossible, as any of the left-wingers here will tell you. The wholesale reduction in the rate of anal sex reduces the spread of disease. Yet another state interest in forced castration of MSM.

    You are right to roll your eyes at your absurd extrapolation.

    Did you somehow get the impression that naming an interest inherently justifies any state action? Is that how you think the 14th amendment works? Because nobody else here thinks that's how the 14th amendment works.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #528
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,807

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Really? I know you know more about the founding of this country than you display with this post Deuce. No, the birth of this country was to ensure equal representation and ownership for the white, male people doing the work. Some at the time argued that all races (males only) should have stake in that too. Sexual freedom was not even close to being on the radar.
    They established the principles of individual liberty. They weren't perfect, this nation wasn't perfect, and we're still not perfect, so it has taken a long time to expand that principle. And we still have more to go.

    But the principle is sound. Unless you disagree with that principle.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #529
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You are right to roll your eyes at your absurd extrapolation.

    Did you somehow get the impression that naming an interest inherently justifies any state action? Is that how you think the 14th amendment works? Because nobody else here thinks that's how the 14th amendment works.
    Nobody else thinks that a simple statement of fact constitutes an argument (or one of a million such arguments one might come up with that might use that fact). For more information on this, please take an "intro to logic" course at your local cc.

  10. #530
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    They established the principles of individual liberty. They weren't perfect, this nation wasn't perfect, and we're still not perfect, so it has taken a long time to expand that principle. And we still have more to go.

    But the principle is sound. Unless you disagree with that principle.
    The expansion of that principle can happen in only one way, amendment to the Constitution. NOT by judicial fiat. Otherwise, it's a retraction of that principle and expression of federal power over the will of the people.

Page 53 of 87 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •