Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 869

Thread: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses[W:344,535,718]

  1. #501
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Moore got the SMACK handed to him.

    It all boils down to him wanting to be a judge that follows "god's law" over the laws of the nation and the state.

    He should be tossed out on his ear...again.
    Its so funny how he references Loving and how that was them being allowed to have their guaranteed right to pursuit of happiness, the same thing that homosexuals are looking for when looking to marry someone as the same sex.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #502
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Moore got the SMACK handed to him.

    It all boils down to him wanting to be a judge that follows "god's law" over the laws of the nation and the state.

    He should be tossed out on his ear...again.
    It was a pretty amazing interview. Too bad the satellite got cut off at the end.

  3. #503
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,589

    Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses[W:344]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Well we're not talking about Africa now are we? I was referring to the US and western societies, and it is a FACT, incontrovertible that if you stay away from homos and intravenous drug use, you have a statistically zero chance of getting HIV if you're a heterosexual, PERIOD!

    Tim-
    Ummm....Magic Johnson > zero.

    PERIOD!
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  4. #504
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Someone around here was saying recently that an "activist judge" is a judge who decides against the will of the people.

    I can't remember who it was, though.

    The constitution prevents the states from banning same-sex marriage, because of the 14th amendment. Sorry. Don't need to amend the constitution.
    It really doesn't. Not if you understand the purpose and intent of the 14th.

  5. #505
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Unsafe sex with men who have had sex with other men. Homosexual sexual behavior still remains as one of the high risk factors for HIV/AIDS. Although, I'd imagine with the apparent upswing in heterosexual anal sex in the last generation heteroes are catching up.
    Unsafe sexual activity among gay and bisexual men is the highest risk factor for HIV because of many reasons. However, the most important part of that is "unsafe sexual activity". Homosexual sexual activity alone will not lead to HIV. If neither man has HIV/AIDS, they cannot get HIV/AIDS from each other. It has to be there to begin with in order for it to be passed on. And then, it has to involve unsafe sexual activity to pass it on. This is why lesbians are the least likely group to contract HIV because they are not likely to have sex in a way that passes on HIV and their partners are not likely to have HIV in the first place.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #506
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    It really doesn't. Not if you understand the purpose and intent of the 14th.
    The "purpose and intent" of the 14th was to ensure that every citizen was treated equally under the law, even state laws. They specifically didn't place race in there because they had enough sense to recognize that there are more things than just race that a person may be treated differently by the law because of and that most of those things should not be used against someone. Additionally, we do not live in the 1800s. We live now. While it is important to recognize the feelings of that time, we are not bound by those "feelings" or even their intent, no matter how some may wish to believe we are.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #507
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Well we're not talking about Africa now are we? I was referring to the US and western societies, and it is a FACT, incontrovertible that if you stay away from homos and intravenous drug use, you have a statistically zero chance of getting HIV if you're a heterosexual, PERIOD!

    Tim-
    I showed you the stats from the CDC. You may deny all you want, but you are wrong. Way more than "zero" people who are not gay and don't use drugs contract HIV in the US, the majority contracting it from heterosexual sexual contact.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #508
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    The "purpose and intent" of the 14th was to ensure that every citizen was treated equally under the law, even state laws. They specifically didn't place race in there because they had enough sense to recognize that there are more things than just race that a person may be treated differently by the law because of and that most of those things should not be used against someone. Additionally, we do not live in the 1800s. We live now. While it is important to recognize the feelings of that time, we are not bound by those "feelings" or even their intent, no matter how some may wish to believe we are.
    No, it was aimed specifically at the racial problems we were experiencing at the time. And it doesn't matter one whit how many years have passed, original intent counts just as much with amendments as it does with the Constitution itself or ANY law for that matter.

  9. #509
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No, it was aimed specifically at the racial problems we were experiencing at the time. And it doesn't matter one whit how many years have passed, original intent counts just as much with amendments as it does with the Constitution itself or ANY law for that matter.
    Obviously it doesn't, or we wouldn't have had many of the unjust and unfair laws overturned throughout the years. Guess what? Most people are quite fine with that fact so long as it is laws they consider unjust or unfair. The only time people whine about it is when the laws are something they support.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #510
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    This is complete bull since most of those in Africa who have AIDS/HIV are heterosexuals and even the CDC confirms that everyone is at risk for HIV. So don't pretend the CDC agrees with you or confirms these claims, they don't.

    CDC - Who's at Risk for HIV? - HIV/AIDS

    While infections are lower among women, those women are pretty much all straight and most got it from unsafe sex with men.
    You have demonstrated MANY times that you lack the objectivity to properly debate this subject matter. As I claimed in my first post and which continues to remain true, if you can reliably know that you are not having sex with someone already with HIV, or a homosexual, or someone that was with a homosexual, or drug users you have a ZERO chance of acquiring HIV, period! It's not up for debate, Rogue it is a fact!

    Why Are Women Affected by HIV?
    •Some women may be unaware of their male partner’s risk factors for HIV (such as injection drug use or having sex with other men) and may not use condoms.
    •Women have a much higher risk for getting HIV during vaginal sex without a condom than men do, and anal sex without a condom is riskier for women than vaginal sex without a condom. More than 20% of women aged 20 to 39 who responded to a national survey reported anal sex in the past year.
    •Women may be afraid that their partner will leave them or even physically abuse them if they try to talk about condom use.
    •Some sexually transmitted infections, such as gonorrhea and syphilis, greatly increase the likelihood of getting or spreading HIV.
    •Women who have been sexually abused may be more likely than women with no abuse history to engage in sexual behaviors like exchanging sex for drugs, having multiple partners, or having sex with a partner who is physically abusive when asked to use a condom.
    •Some HIV infections among women are due to injection drug and other substance use—either directly (sharing drug injection equipment contaminated with HIV) or indirectly (engaging in high-risk behaviors while under the influence of drugs or alcohol).
    •The greater number of people living with HIV (prevalence) in African American and Hispanic/Latino communities and the fact that people tend to have sex with partners of the same race/ethnicity means that women from these communities face a greater risk of HIV infection with each new sexual encounter.
    This also applies to men, obviously!

    Do you need further convincing? Rule of thumb: Stay away from sex partners that are suspect in any of these RISK categories, and you'll be fine!

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •