Page 48 of 87 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 869

Thread: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses[W:344,535,718]

  1. #471
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    I think what Taylor is alluding to is that District Court rulings are binding, but only within their Jurisdiction. There are multiple Federal District Courts in Alabama and Judge Granade's ruling is only truly binding in her own district.


    >>>>
    The judge only has authority over her district, and only those who are a party to the case are bound by the decision. It is not uncommon for judges within the same district to consider the same legal issue and arrive at different conclusions. The opinions of other judges are considered persuasive, but not binding.

  2. #472
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Which is caused by unsafe sexual practices, not homosexuality or same sex relationships.
    Not caused by unsafe sexual practices, either.

  3. #473
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,234

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    equal rights isn't destroying anybody lives or life work so you can rest easy now, that fantasy isnt happening
    It is exactly that. I am so sick of authoritarians justifying the destruction of people's lives, homes, and businesses under the mantra of "equal rights", it's only a damn cake, and it's not even close to what blacks struggled with in the 1950's and 60s. Someone challenged you to tell us all how the 14th amendment made it possible for gays to force private businessmen to make gay wedding cakes. Try doing that, instead of spouting your bumper sticker politics.

  4. #474
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    1.)It is exactly that.
    2.) I am so sick of authoritarians justifying the destruction of people's lives, homes, and businesses under the mantra of "equal rights", it's only a damn cake, and it's not even close to what blacks struggled with in the 1950's and 60s.
    3.) Someone challenged you to tell us all how the 14th amendment made it possible for gays to force private businessmen to make gay wedding cakes. Try doing that, instead of spouting your bumper sticker politics.
    1.) false it protects lives and life work, that fact wont change
    2.) good thing thats not happening
    3.) ive never been challenged to do that but to answer your question the 14th doesn't do that, it a failed mentally retarded strawman to claim it does.
    the only one spouting bumper sticker politics is you, this is proven by the fact that some of it is just lies and the rest are failed strawmen or empty catch phrases that dont mean anything lol

    lets us know when you have a real argument you can back up with facts, thanks
    as always if you disagree simply post any facts that support you
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #475
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,234

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) false it protects lives and life work, that fact wont change
    2.) good thing thats not happening
    3.) ive never been challenged to do that but to answer your question the 14th doesn't do that, it a failed mentally retarded strawman to claim it does.
    the only one spouting bumper sticker politics is you, this is proven by the fact that some of it is just lies and the rest are failed strawmen or empty catch phrases that dont mean anything lol

    lets us know when you have a real argument you can back up with facts, thanks
    as always if you disagree simply post any facts that support you
    Now I remember why I have you on ignore, but you post so much BS in between the sane people I have to look.

  6. #476
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,522

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    Now I remember why I have you on ignore, but you post so much BS in between the sane people I have to look.
    I concluded that the best reply is none at all, since there is no logical though involved whatsoever.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  7. #477
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    Now I remember why I have you on ignore, but you post so much BS in between the sane people I have to look.
    translation: you cant back up your claims or support them with one single fact, so you resort to failed insults that further exposes your unsupportable post

    again, even though we know you'll dodge it, please let us know when you can present ONE single fact that supports your failed and proven wrong claims, thank you
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #478
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,234

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation: you cant back up your claims or support them with one single fact
    The actual translation is closer to "interacting with you makes me feel like I need a shower".

  9. #479
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    The actual translation is closer to "interacting with you makes me feel like I need a shower".
    Still cant defend any of your failed arguments huh? please try in your next post, we are waiting, thanks

    HINT TO ACTUAL TOPIC: you have to FACTUALLY show how equal rights is. . . <playing dramatic slasher film music> "the destruction of people's lives and businesses!!!!!"
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #480
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,239

    Re: Ala Chief Justice Tells Judges: Refuse Gay Marriage Licenses

    Judge Moore went on CNN this morning and got absolutely smacked down.

    Media matters has the link, it was beautiful. They must have went 10 minutes on it. Basically, it all boils down to Moore saying that the laws come from god. This judge is a talibornagain theocrat nutcase.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Page 48 of 87 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •