Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 428

Thread: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

  1. #391
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    No, nobody can prove a negative. What you can do is prove an assumption wrong. At university we called that falsification. Take a hypothesis like: "The WMD the UN found before they were forced to leave after Iraq 1 were destroyed" or some such. You do not think you could falsify that? More or less in simple words that was Blix's mandate. You think he was a moron to accept it? Or do you think he only wanted to get 15 minutes of spotlight and fame?

    The rest is your own wishful thinking.
    Blix had to be coaxed out of retirement for the job, sorry but your claim to fame accusation is false. There's been plenty of others that have pulled the curtain back on Bush too, like Clark and Wilson, only to name two.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #392
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:12 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,336

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Blix had to be coaxed out of retirement for the job, sorry but your claim to fame accusation is false. There's been plenty of others that have pulled the curtain back on Bush too, like Clark and Wilson, only to name two.
    and you really believe he had to be coaxed into a high profile and very well paid job? That is as plausible as the rest of you theory.

  3. #393
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yes, it's the standby/go to accusation against anybody critical of war and pro-peace. I noticed in the press conference with Obama yesterday that Mrs. Merkel was dancing vary carefully, still reiterating that there is no military solution in Ukraine!
    Not a surprise. My understanding is that Europe was never to keen on a major confrontation with Russia over Ukraine.

  4. #394
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    and you really believe he had to be coaxed into a high profile and very well paid job? That is as plausible as the rest of you theory.
    You can say whatever you want to about Blix but obviously you don't know dick.

    Blix was put forward as a compromise candidate by the French one week ago. When envoys asked him to come out of retirement to head one of the most diplomatically and technically difficult assignments at the U.N., Blix was "surprised, reluctant and skeptical," a diplomat close to the talks said. "He was not enthusiastic about doing it, but he feels it is a duty."

    And the CFR's report on Ukraine is no theory.

    U.N. Picks a Chief Iraq Arms Inspector - Los Angeles Times
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #395
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:12 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,336

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    You can say whatever you want to about Blix but obviously you don't know dick.

    Blix was put forward as a compromise candidate by the French one week ago. When envoys asked him to come out of retirement to head one of the most diplomatically and technically difficult assignments at the U.N., Blix was "surprised, reluctant and skeptical," a diplomat close to the talks said. "He was not enthusiastic about doing it, but he feels it is a duty."

    And the CFR's report on Ukraine is no theory.

    U.N. Picks a Chief Iraq Arms Inspector - Los Angeles Times
    He certainly was right to be sceptical of his qualities for the job. It turned out, he failed singularly. But to be fatfair it was more the thrust of the Schröder, Chirac, Putin axis in support of Saddam as much as his own character that doomed the mission.

  6. #396
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,148

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    He certainly was right to be sceptical of his qualities for the job. It turned out, he failed singularly. But to be fatfair it was more the thrust of the Schröder, Chirac, Putin axis in support of Saddam as much as his own character that doomed the mission.
    he was doing his job
    and doing it well
    until he and his team were denied continued access to iraqi sites - not by iraq - but because our chickenhawks were in a rush to get the war started before Blix' information that there were no WMDs prevented war from happening
    and you term that Blix' failure
    more reich wing illogic at work
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  7. #397
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    He certainly was right to be sceptical of his qualities for the job. It turned out, he failed singularly. But to be fatfair it was more the thrust of the Schröder, Chirac, Putin axis in support of Saddam as much as his own character that doomed the mission.
    His skepticism was in the mission, as you'd know had you actually gone to the link and read the story. The UN wanted that retired man because of his qualifications.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #398
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:12 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,336

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    he was doing his job
    and doing it well
    until he and his team were denied continued access to iraqi sites - not by iraq - but because our chickenhawks were in a rush to get the war started before Blix' information that there were no WMDs prevented war from happening
    and you term that Blix' failure
    more reich wing illogic at work
    He quite obviously had not done it well. He did not explain, what had become of the large stockpile of WMD that the UN inspectors had identified after Iraq1. Or did he? Link?

  9. #399
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:12 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,336

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    His skepticism was in the mission, as you'd know had you actually gone to the link and read the story. The UN wanted that retired man because of his qualifications.
    Oh, I had read that link long ago and its content had long ago been positively considered in my opinion. But thank you all the same. As it turned out, his "retirement" was no guarantee against his falling prey to his ambitions

  10. #400
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,148

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    He quite obviously had not done it well. He did not explain, what had become of the large stockpile of WMD that the UN inspectors had identified after Iraq1. Or did he? Link?
    why would he be expected to know the location/disposition of WMD stockpiles never identified by him and his team
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •