Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 428

Thread: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

  1. #171
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,208

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Desperate, no. Are you suggesting that any other state or non state entity has used a nuclear weapon on an entire city, besides the US? If Iran were to ever get a nuke, and they dropped one on Tel Aviv, would you call it an act of terror?
    Desperate, yes.
    Your argument for allowing Iran to hold nuclear capabilities is a ridiculous one.
    The only non-Western state to hold nuclear capabilities is Pakistan, and it isn't led by Islamic fundamentalism. I'm not for Pakistan having nukes to begin with and just like you I would get rid of all of them if I could, but we have to deal with what's happening in the present and at the present Pakistan has nuclear capabilities like the UK, the US and other states. That doesn't mean that states like Iran and North Korea - states that are rogue and hostile and promote dark agendas, states that are yet to gain nuclear capabilities - should be allowed to gain nuclear capabilities. They shouldn't. The argument that because some have nuclear capabilities then everyone should have it is a ridiculous argument. The argument that is comparing Iran to the US of over 70 years ago is a desperate argument.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  2. #172
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,123

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    turns out what Khamenei is saying is:


    High-level Iranian officials mobilized immediately to promote the Supreme Leader’s statement that a nuclear deal must be accomplished in a one-stage final settlement, rather than the issuance of General Principles in March and a comprehensive resolution by July 1.

    The officials linked the demand to Iran’s insistence on a removal within months of all major financial and restrictions.

    Alaeddin Boroujerdi, the chairman of Parliament’s National Security Commission, said, “A two-phase agreement which envisages a decision on the removal of sanctions to a later date or includes lifting of some embargos will be unacceptable; all sanctions, including those of the UN Security Council, the UN, the US Congress, and the EU [European Union] should be removed all at once.”

    He pointed to today’s statements of Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei on a nuclear agreement with the West, and said, “Because the negotiations have reached a sensitive stage, the leader’s remarks about the negotiations will help the Iranian negotiators in their ongoing talks.”

    The Supreme Leader made a notable intervention on Sunday in Iran’s nuclear talks with the 5+1 Powers, telling the US and its partners to accept the Iranian deal on the table....

  3. #173
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,475

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Iran has maintained from jump street that their nuclear program is commercial and not military in nature.


    Iran has also maintained that the kidnapping and torture of American diplomats was a spontaneous demonstration held by "student Activists" and denied there is an assassination order on Ambassador Kenneth Taylor. They have also refused to prosecute the people responsible for that illegal act, most of the "students" went on to great rewards.....in government.

    Thre is a reason Canada, the "nice" country has severed relations with Iran all together...

    On September 7, 2012, Canada closed its embassy in Iran and declared all remaining Iranian diplomats in Canada personae non gratae, ordering them to leave the country within five days.[31] Ten Canadian diplomats had already left Iran when Canada declared the closure of its embassy.[32] This move was another step by Canada to isolate Iran in addition to economic sanctions.[33]
    Embassy of Iran in Ottawa

    John Baird, Canada's foreign minister, called Iran "the most significant threat to global peace and security in the world today," citing Iran's material support to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's regime, non-compliance with United Nations resolutions regarding its nuclear program, continuing threats to Israel, and fears for the safety of Canadian diplomats following attacks on the British embassy in Iran in violation of the Vienna Convention
    The country that gets along with EVERYONE calling Obama news friends "the most significant threat to global peace in the world today."

    Not Isis. Not North Korea, not Russia, not China, not Cuba, but Iran, they who Obama now wants to get cuddly with.

    The US has no right in the say of who should not have nuclear weapons, that means they have no say in who gets them either, and Obama is going against the international trend. Again.

    How many of the "friends" he made in Arab Spring are stable allies? Oh but they SAY they will play nice like Iran can be trusted....
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  4. #174
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Desperate, yes.
    Your argument for allowing Iran to hold nuclear capabilities is a ridiculous one.
    The only non-Western state to hold nuclear capabilities is Pakistan, and it isn't led by Islamic fundamentalism. I'm not for Pakistan having nukes to begin with and just like you I would get rid of all of them if I could, but we have to deal with what's happening in the present and at the present Pakistan has nuclear capabilities like the UK, the US and other states. That doesn't mean that states like Iran and North Korea - states that are rogue and hostile and promote dark agendas, states that are yet to gain nuclear capabilities - should be allowed to gain nuclear capabilities. They shouldn't. The argument that because some have nuclear capabilities then everyone should have it is a ridiculous argument. The argument that is comparing Iran to the US of over 70 years ago is a desperate argument.
    Where have I argued that Iran should be ALLOWED to hold nuclear weapons???? I have been clear that my preference would be for nobody to have them, has that escaped you? I have asked the question to several folk now, why it is that they seem perfectly content with the US, who has used them in the past, should be the country deciding who else should have them. Or why it's ok for Pakistan and Israel to have them? There's no darker agenda then a war room full of old fat guys smoking cigars and drinking port while they go over a map of Japan deciding which two entire cities they are going to nuke!!!!!!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #175
    Educator
    Dayton3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-20-17 @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,153

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    never mind that the size and scope of our military far surpasses defensive obligations.
    Prove it. And not with that idiotic link that shows U.S. defense spending exceeds all the other nations on Earth. It is not only inaccurate but completely irrelevant.

  6. #176
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Iran has also maintained that the kidnapping and torture of American diplomats was a spontaneous demonstration held by "student Activists" and denied there is an assassination order on Ambassador Kenneth Taylor. They have also refused to prosecute the people responsible for that illegal act, most of the "students" went on to great rewards.....in government.

    Thre is a reason Canada, the "nice" country has severed relations with Iran all together...



    The country that gets along with EVERYONE calling Obama news friends "the most significant threat to global peace in the world today."

    Not Isis. Not North Korea, not Russia, not China, not Cuba, but Iran, they who Obama now wants to get cuddly with.

    The US has no right in the say of who should not have nuclear weapons, that means they have no say in who gets them either, and Obama is going against the international trend. Again.

    How many of the "friends" he made in Arab Spring are stable allies? Oh but they SAY they will play nice like Iran can be trusted....
    Israel hasn't just had a plot, they actually have assassinated Iranian civilian scientists inside of Iran, and they don't admit that either.

    So now Iran is the greatest threat to world peace, laugh out loud. Sorry, but that opinion isn't universal. I remember too when it was Iraq, we were under imminent threat of mushroom clouds over a US city, and then it was Gaddafi, the chief exporter of terrorism, sorry dude, but we haven't any enemies that we haven't created.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #177
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayton3 View Post
    Prove it. And not with that idiotic link that shows U.S. defense spending exceeds all the other nations on Earth. It is not only inaccurate but completely irrelevant.
    Wow, you believe such nonsense? The US hasn't any offensive weapon systems in our arsenal, lol. The majority of our weapons have offensive purposes. Chief amongst them are the nuclear weapons, and if you want to argue that MAD works, then why the fuss over Iran having them??
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #178
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,475

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Israel hasn't just had a plot, they actually have assassinated Iranian civilian scientists inside of Iran, and they don't admit that either.

    So now Iran is the greatest threat to world peace, laugh out loud. Sorry, but that opinion isn't universal. I remember too when it was Iraq, we were under imminent threat of mushroom clouds over a US city, and then it was Gaddafi, the chief exporter of terrorism, sorry dude, but we haven't any enemies that we haven't created.
    Where in the **** did I even mention Israel and how does that even relate to the fact of the nicest country in the world calling the state your buddy Obama is making nice with?

    Talk about deliberate off topic responses...


    BTW you didn't mention Bush.....
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  9. #179
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,151

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Good.



    By now it's a given fact.

    Hezbollah is one of the largest terror organizations on the planet, and it is exclusively funded, trained and armed by Iran and in Iran. It is practically an Iranian organization. Iran has also supplied multiple times the terror organization of Hamas with weapons, had declared several times that it is intending to boost its cooperation with it, and is known to be supplying arms to various lesser terror organizations in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, etc.



    And as I have pointed out to you that doesn't make the claim that the US sponsors terrorism a reality.



    And where exactly have I supported that, exactly?
    The fact that you are drawing comparisons between something that happened over 70 years ago and something that is happening at the present shows how desperate your arguments truly are.
    In 2006, former Israeli prime minister Ehud Barak stated, "When we entered Lebanon ... there was no Hezbollah. We were accepted with perfumed rice and flowers by the Shia in the south. It was our presence there that created Hezbollah".[43]
    Hezbollah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  10. #180
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,208

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    Just like Montecresto you're sticking to the claims of public figures to dictate your reality bubba.
    This has nothing to do with the fact that Hezbollah is a terror organization that is funded, trained and armed exclusively by Iran, that it is practically an Iranian organization.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •