Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 428

Thread: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    A direct threat to only the United States is not 100% of the concern. It's our allies as well. Remember, there's a treaty :-)
    No it is not all of the concern. But the point is that there is no good reason not to come to a settlement in which Iran enriches uranium under strict inspection and that creates the environment such that Iran does not want to develop nuclear weapons in the first place.

  2. #152
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,205

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I have multiple posts in this thread stating that it would be my preference that the US had never created the aweful weapon (nuclear bomb) to begin with and that I would prefer that there were no nukes in the world!!!!!
    Good.

    Prove to me that Iran is the largest sponsor of terrorism in the world.
    By now it's a given fact.
    Hezbollah is one of the largest terror organizations on the planet, and it is exclusively funded, trained and armed by Iran and in Iran. It is practically an Iranian organization. Iran has also supplied multiple times the terror organization of Hamas with weapons, had declared several times that it is intending to boost its cooperation with it, and is known to be supplying arms to various lesser terror organizations in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, etc.

    Lots of countries use terrorism to advance their interests unfortunately, and as I pointed out to you, there are those of our own government that have acknowledged the US's use of the tactic.
    And as I have pointed out to you that doesn't make the claim that the US sponsors terrorism a reality.

    You're one of those that has justified the use of nuclear weapons on two civilian cities incinerating 200,000 civilians of all conceivable age, gender and station in life. And you wring your gawd damn hands over something that Iran may do!
    And where exactly have I supported that, exactly?
    The fact that you are drawing comparisons between something that happened over 70 years ago and something that is happening at the present shows how desperate your arguments truly are.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  3. #153
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,205

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You want them to have nukes out of fairness, and I don't give a **** about what's fair.
    Precisely.
    Montecresto's argument is analogous to an argument that all criminals must be armed, because the police are armed too.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  4. #154
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You want them to have nukes out of fairness, and I don't give a **** about what's fair.
    Stop lying, I've never said any such thing. I want for their to be NO nukes, remember, you accused me of loving war for stating that. I do want to know why you are perfectly fine with some countries having nukes, namely the US, and not others? The US used nuclear weapons on two civilian targets, remember, killing 200,000 CIVILIANS while Iran doesn't even have a nuclear weapon, yet you shiver in your boots at the thought of what somebody may do, IF they ever can do!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,697

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    No it is not all of the concern. But the point is that there is no good reason not to come to a settlement in which Iran enriches uranium under strict inspection and that creates the environment such that Iran does not want to develop nuclear weapons in the first place.
    A lot of the world still doesn't buy Iran's "we're not building a weapon, we promise!" story. There are plenty of experts who can tell through geospatial imagry that it's what they are clearly doing.

    However, there are two sides to this argument.

    Personally? I think Iran is doing much better than the past. I see the change in leadership did at least somewhat of a good job. Do I consider them a threat right now? No. However, we should listen to the concerns of our allies and respect their intelligence.

  6. #156
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,948

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Aligning with peace is not supporting the Iranian government - a regime of Islamic fundamentalists that spreads terrorism throughout the globe and oppresses its own people. It's not supporting their proxy, Hezbollah. It's not supporting Hamas either. Aligning with peace is believing that the use of force can only be justified by self-defense - which is my position really. You choose to align yourself with oppression, you merely prefer to label it "peace" so you can sleep better at the nights, not unlike many other promoters of Islamic fundamentalism who believe themselves to be the "true voice of peace".
    LOL Really? Let me ask you, which country has started more wars in the last hundred years, Iran or Isreal?

  7. #157
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Stop lying, I've never said any such thing. I want for their to be NO nukes, remember, you accused me of loving war for stating that. I do want to know why you are perfectly fine with some countries having nukes, namely the US, and not others? The US used nuclear weapons on two civilian targets, remember, killing 200,000 CIVILIANS while Iran doesn't even have a nuclear weapon, yet you shiver in your boots at the thought of what somebody may do, IF they ever can do!
    You also think it's fair to have nukes, because someone on either side has them.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #158
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,205

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    LOL Really? Let me ask you, which country has started more wars in the last hundred years, Iran or Isreal?
    Not that Israel is the subject here, but it hasn't started a single damned one, in all of them it was on the defensive.
    Iran on the other hand is operating the terror organization of Hezbollah and is arming Islamic terrorists such as Hamas and others.
    It should be obvious which state is more dangerous than the other to be holding nuclear capabilities, just like it's obvious that you would support any type of Islamic fundamentalism.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    A lot of the world still doesn't buy Iran's "we're not building a weapon, we promise!" story. There are plenty of experts who can tell through geospatial imagry that it's what they are clearly doing.

    However, there are two sides to this argument.

    Personally? I think Iran is doing much better than the past. I see the change in leadership did at least somewhat of a good job. Do I consider them a threat right now? No. However, we should listen to the concerns of our allies and respect their intelligence.
    Of course we should listen to our allies and take their views and concerns into account. However we should not let those views and concerns obstruct us from moving forward on what is in our best interests.

  10. #160
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Good.



    By now it's a given fact.
    Hezbollah is one of the largest terror organizations on the planet, and it is exclusively funded, trained and armed by Iran and in Iran. It is practically an Iranian organization. Iran has also supplied multiple times the terror organization of Hamas with weapons, had declared several times that it is intending to boost its cooperation with it, and is known to be supplying arms to various lesser terror organizations in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, etc.



    And as I have pointed out to you that doesn't make the claim that the US sponsors terrorism a reality.



    And where exactly have I supported that, exactly?
    The fact that you are drawing comparisons between something that happened over 70 years ago and something that is happening at the present shows how desperate your arguments truly are.
    So no proof that Iran is the worlds chief supporter of terrorism, ok. 70 years ago, or seven years ago, the US remains the sole country to use a nuclear weapon on civilian targets, something you would INSIST would be an act of terrorism were Russia or China or Iran to do it. You're on the list with the other hypocritical.
    Last edited by Montecresto; 02-09-15 at 11:26 AM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •